Nov 24 2012
By: GrayGargoyle PlayStation MVP 10471 posts

Target Locked: Call of Duty Black Ops II Game Nights starting 11/27!

[ Edited ]
311 replies 21067 views Edited Jul 10, 2013

Have you an itch that you keep scratching daily, hourly, and yearly with the Call of Duty series? Perhaps you've been itching so hard that there's no more skin, no more blood, and the bone is about to snap? Well, here's some news for you, Dutyhead: Call of Duty: Black Ops II is having a weekly scheduled program to add to the blistering, mind-strumming joy of beautiful bullets tearing through the competition's backside.

On Tuesday November 27, 2012 the PlayStation community will all be one, or we'll include all ones in a weekly night of togetherness. Starting with your typical climate stenched in Team Deathmatch, we'll have a sign up sheet each week to assume the positions from the ladies and gentlemen that will be joining the ranks each night. Anyone is welcome. It can be your brother, your mother, your dog, or even your imaginary friend. Just as long as the one in attendance knows the rules of engagement, let's see what you've got.

On sort of side note, I thought that it could be a fun idea to change the game up every once in awhile. To celebrate victories through these Tuesday game nights a winner will be selected for whoever has... the most kills? Hmm, how about the fan-favorite emblem? Well, I'll leave it up to everyone to decide, for this is all about a user-generated game night after all. Whoever is awarded the position in leadership for the week, then they'll get to choose what we'll all be playing next. Whether that be Free-For-All, League matches, or even zombie mode, let's see if we can get away with keeping these game nights fresh week in and week out.

The running time will span from 3 PM Pacific Standard Time until 4 PM Pacific Standard Time (that's from 6-7 PM on the East Coast). To get your name on the sign up sheet, leave a response below and let's see if we can get this show on the road.

Who's Shooting on 11-27-2012?

1. GrayGargoyle

2. Consigliere422

3. gojeff99

4. Evo_SI

5. darknovaxp

6. GuNz_52

7. SMAK-ATTACK07

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 312 (21,067 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Re: Target Locked: Call of Duty Black Ops II Game Nights starting 11/27!

Nov 25, 2012

I'll be a part of it.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 312 (21,046 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1012 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Count me in :smileyhappy:

gojeff99
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 312 (21,039 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Nov 25, 2012

I'll play some COD lol. 

- Evo_SI

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 312 (21,036 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13498 posts

Nov 25, 2012

I guess I can play

Surely happiness must taste like mud.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 312 (21,027 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8805 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Yeah, Ill play.

If we get 18, are we going to be playing live matches or private only? Also, only 3 days notice is a bit short for a lot of people on here. It'd be one thing if the forums were as active as they once were.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 312 (21,018 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10471 posts

Nov 26, 2012

I've been thinking that it would be a private event, particularly if there were 18 people in the group. Though, I suppose if we have less, which me might, it would be best to just search for a public game. I'm not sure if we would lose people in the process of that. I'm also not sure of the best way to go about inviting people to the matches. I've been looking around the menus of the game, where the Elite portion seems to describe a way to group people together. However, when I clicked on the menu option the game linked me to the store where it had no content available to offer. So, I'm not sure what that was about.

I suppose the other way to do is the old-fashioned way by sending out a mass friend invite for the event. About the game night though, I figured having the post available closer to its launch would be a better way than letting things sit for a while. When you sit your brain may tend to wander onto other things. Of course, time enough to prepare could probably work too. Either way, it looks like things are coming along so far.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 312 (21,009 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8805 posts

Nov 26, 2012
I'm out of town currently, so I'd have to wait and see what the options are. The mass friend invite thing is pretty easy, especially if you make it clear the person signing up needs to request you. Most of the time, a majority of people do so and only leaves you with a few invites to send out. I don't see any other way of grouping people together without having to individually type names in regardless.

Well, 3 days is a bit short, I try to give at least 5-7 days notice when I attempt to organize things. I mean, I'm not arguing here because either way it doesn't matter and we can make changes next time around. I understand where you're coming from though.

If we get 9 or less, a public game would be best.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 312 (21,004 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Come on, we need more people.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 312 (20,975 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Nov 27, 2012
im in
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 312 (20,968 Views)
0 Likes