Dec 18 2012
By: Kelton_JB Treasure Hunter 5202 posts

Stuns and EMPs in BO2

8 replies 565 views Edited Dec 18, 2012

Anyone else feel like stun and EMP grenades last longer than they should? In previous games I didn't have a problem with either. Now, it seems like stuns last forever, or long enough for someone to toss one halfway across the map and still catch you stunned. It also feels like the EMP grenade effect lasts a lot longer than before. They also work even if you're behind cover and through walls. I don't think they were like that in MW3. Maybe it's time to put on Tac Mask.

Thoughts?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 9 (565 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Stuns and EMPs in BO2

Dec 18, 2012

tack mask time emp effects are fine but the cuncusion so seem to last forever in my thought

Message 2 of 9 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Before the patch, the stun would last foooooeeeevvvveeerrr!! But yeah, it is still a lot more effective than in MW3. I don't even bother moving, because it's not going to help.

It makes sense that EMPs work even if the object is behind a wall. So I don't see a probelm with that. I haven't been hit by an EMP w/out Tactical Mask, so I don't know how long it lasts.

I have used Tactical Mask in Black Ops, and made it my permanen 3rd teer perk. It really sucked how they took off the ability to know the general location of a stunned/flashed/gassed enemy.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 3 of 9 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5202 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

I used Hacker almost exclusively in Black Ops and Tac Mask but not enough for the pro version. I get the feeling that I might be using it a lot more this time around, since I'd really only use extreme conditioning as a red perk and I can survive without that. Only 2 sessions since I started using Tac Mask and I can already see how useful it is.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 9 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Stun grenades are super annoying. Emp grenades don't annoy me since they don't affect they way i play, but they throw one outside of a building while i'm inside that building and the emp grenades still kill me. This happened to me about 5 times already.

Message 5 of 9 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Kelton_JB wrote:

Anyone else feel like stun and EMP grenades last longer than they should? In previous games I didn't have a problem with either. Now, it seems like stuns last forever, or long enough for someone to toss one halfway across the map and still catch you stunned. It also feels like the EMP grenade effect lasts a lot longer than before. They also work even if you're behind cover and through walls. I don't think they were like that in MW3. Maybe it's time to put on Tac Mask.

Thoughts?

Sounds like mw3 all over again right there. having to run with one perk just to stay alive longer. thanks to the support strike package UAV in mw3 I had to run assassin just to hide from the UAV spamming so I can live longer. mw2 was more ballanced than mw3 and black ops 2 as in terms of not having to run one perk to hide from something (can do without stopping power and commando so no need to point those out haha). the longer I wait to get black ops 2 I find more reasons not to get it haha. I don't mean to sound like I'm hating on cod by the way.

My GT6 club number 1036691
the club is for my ;X2014 jr racing events I host.
we also have a facebook page, check it out by clicking here
Message 6 of 9 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Mar 28, 2013
I think Black Ops 2 is worth the buy. You wont have to use just one perk. The perks I use depend on which gun I'm using. The only thing that can get annoying is the amount of campers in all game modes.

Also I think BO1 was the most balanced. I could use any gun and do well with it. I feel like in BO2 though that the hit detection stops me from doing as well as I know I could. I would rent it first and see how it is on your internet.
Message 7 of 9 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Mar 28, 2013

That sounds like what I've been through, I can do well more often in mw2 and mw3 than black ops 1 due to the hit dedection. I mean it has grown on me a bit to where I'll deal with it. renting isn't an option but thanks for the suggestion Smiley Happy. if I end up getting black ops 2 it'll mostly be for zombies and combat training.

My GT6 club number 1036691
the club is for my ;X2014 jr racing events I host.
we also have a facebook page, check it out by clicking here
Message 8 of 9 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Mar 28, 2013

you're not the only that thinks concussion lasts forever. I think the reason is because no one hardly uses it thats why they dont lessen it. However compared to mw3's concussion the bo2's concussion is that you can hardly move. 

Message 9 of 9 (162 Views)
0 Likes