Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

Re: So...Who's getting Modern Warfare 3?

Jan 24, 2011

Most likey not (unless I see MAJOR improvments for MW3). I have lost alot of interest in the CoD games (online wise and gameplay wise..... gameplay is fun but after all these CoD's basicaly being the same, it gets boring). If I do get It i'll be just renting it or borrowing it from someone.

Message 11 of 57 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7641 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Depends, once more is learned about the game and its multiplayer I'll make a decision.

Sig by nuno
Message 12 of 57 (40 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2052 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Since IW has a hand in this game, NO.

Everything they touch they ruin. I have faith in Sledgehammer, but I have lost every bit of faith in IW after the "MW2 incident" (The one where they were actually stupid enough to release a completely broken game)

photo 77fc1ce2-cb52-4a96-a32f-4b687a5d219a_zps58b38293.jpg
Message 13 of 57 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Jan 25, 2011

Do you mean Modern War-fail 3, no I don't think so...

I heard they had to bring in another studio (sledgehammer) to help IW finish it in time for the November release. Sounds a little rushed to me. And I would bet the PS3 community gets the shaft again.

If they were smart they would push the release date back 6 months and give Black Ops a 18 mouth life span. That would give IW some more needed time. Treyarch could even get some more DLC out.

This rigid schedule to release a CoD every Nov. is a bad move IMO. Why buy a game and spend another $20-$30+ on DLC for a game that is only good for one year?

No more CoD ports to the PS3 either.....

Photobucket
Message 14 of 57 (40 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
431 posts

Jan 25, 2011

The fact that other developers are having to be brought in to finish the game means that Activision wanting this game Rushed into the holiday season...  How many good games do you know of that are rushed? 

-----------------------------------------------------
Message 15 of 57 (40 Views)
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jan 25, 2011

Of course I'll buy it.  IW gets the benefit of the doubt from me, because their previous efforts have been quality.

I am a little concerned about IW's current capabilities and the need to bring in assistance, though.  I'm really hoping that Activision doesn't push this game out jacked up.  If they do, it will be the beginning of the end for this series.

Message 16 of 57 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Jan 25, 2011

I might get it, but not right away. Must see reviews and what everyone thinks about it first.

Message 17 of 57 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4477 posts

Jan 25, 2011

Well, since the original members of "InfinityWard" have left, and cut all ties to Activision. I'll most likely not be supporting anything from that developement team (unless warranted, and with cause.) Otherwise? I'm sticking to TreyArch, and buying a new CoD maybe every other year, or so. Saves money, and on the flip side. It's always "newer" because, of the time difference.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 57 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3007 posts

Jan 25, 2011

seeing how MW2 turned out, its not a question of who would get it, its more of a question of why.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 19 of 57 (40 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1684 posts

Jan 25, 2011

Honestly, anyone who buys MW3 on the strength of Infinity Ward's prior games is either completely ignorant of the personnel issues they've dealt with over the past year...

...or they're just stupid.

Seriously...any Infinity Ward coder, tech or developer that was worth the air they breathe has already resigned and been hired on by Respawn Entertainment.

MW3 is going to be a product of Activision's "C Team" and I for one am hoping that it is the Iceberg for Bobby Kotick's Titanic.

To answer the question...no.  Not buying MW3.  Uncharted 3 will be releasing in November, and that game will actually be GOOD, made by a quality team who actually gives a rat's ass about what their fanbase wants.  There'll be absolutely no reason to even think about buying MW3, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Message 20 of 57 (40 Views)