Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 30 2011
By: DoTheDirk Lombax Warrior 155 posts

Should I buy MW2 or Black Ops?

18 replies 195 views Edited Jul 30, 2011

So, I got my PS3 a few days ago, hooked it up, but I have yet to buy a game.

I;ve been watching some YouTube videos, and I'm kinda on the fence. Everyone of those either says how much Treyarch sucks and that MW2 was so much better, basically a lot of hate towards BO. I've also seen that since its an older game, hackers and cheaters are now more present than before, so I'm worried that my experiance with MW2 might not be as much fun with all these people in it.

On the other hand, BO is a newer game, and with newer games, come better graphics, more support, and better gameplay(I assume). It's also a newer game, so more people would play it, and finding a match wouldn't be so difficult.

So I come to you guys, to help me in my decision, should I buy MW2 or BO?

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5350/a68a498a134911c17c78674.png
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Re: Should I buy MW2 or Black Ops?

Jul 30, 2011

Are you talking about which Call of Duty games you should get?

If you are, that question is hard for me to answer. You could easily get hacked in MW2, and Black Ops is filled with bugs, so... yeah, I think I'd rather deal with bugs than get hacked.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Jul 30, 2011

To be perfectly honest, if you don`t mind waiting, just wait until MW3 comes out in November.

For me, MW2 now seems to be an extreme camp fest, with people killing me in ways that boggle my mind. And yes I've had MW2 for a long time, so I know the kind of nonsense that occured/has occured.

There are many other games out there that you could pass your time with until MW3 comes out.

However if you are intent on buying one or the other, I would have to suggest Black Ops. It's easier to get into lobbies than what MW2 is now, and there are more people who play online, so chances are you won't run into the same lobby over and over again (a big problem I had in MW2).

Guyana_Bandit Trophy Card

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 30, 2011

I would say the Neither.  The game is riddled with hackers, glitchers, cheats, soo much so that to even try to get a fair game in is damn near impossible.  I used to play the hell out of Black Ops but can hardly stand the fact that it sits in my collection any longer.  the game is Great don't get me wrong, the multiplayer and what people are doing to it isn't.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (195 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1229 posts

Jul 30, 2011

your wrong MW2 has better graphics and gameplay but BO has more support.

But there are still more than thousands of people that play mw2 so finding a game is really easy i get in a lobby in 30 or less seconds

there are not hackers in mw2

the gameplay is a lot more fun and bold

black ops is dull, laggy, overrated, overused guns, killstreaks are not as fun.  And thats just a few things from my very very very long list of reasons not to buy blak ops

so mw2

Haters Gonna Hate
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (195 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1229 posts

Jul 30, 2011

madmarsrocks wrote:

Are you talking about which Call of Duty games you should get?

If you are, that question is hard for me to answer. You could easily get hacked in MW2, and Black Ops is filled with bugs, so... yeah, I think I'd rather deal with bugs than get hacked.

no hacking in mw2 i havnt ran into one    there only in private matches that people can do them   

Haters Gonna Hate
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
353 posts

Jul 31, 2011

Neither. Get Red Dead Redemption. It will keep you playing for many many hours and trust me, you will not regret that decision.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jul 31, 2011

I would say neither as well.

All MW2 games end up becoming constant noob tubes or just pure commando fest. It is really agitating. If people are not using those they are using snipers with thermal or quick scoping so there it very little gun play left that is balanced and fun to play.

Black Ops however probably has the most bugs out of any game I have ever played. It is riddled by inconsistency to the point where you are never sure what kind of game you are going to play. Shotguns can 1 shot someone 25 feet away then take 4 shots from 5 feet. A Galil can kill someone in 3 hit markers or 20. The LOLFamas is the most consistent but it is also the most overpowered and that's why everyone uses it.

Just wait until october and then get BF3.

Where are my x3 Frags?!

ItsTehf3ds Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jul 31, 2011

Black Ops for a lot more players...

But If you like Teamwork, No camping, and no 360 N0 Sc0p3's get Battlefield Games, But I don't like COD much.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 31, 2011

Like Guyana said, MW2 is a sad, sad, camp and noobtube fest right now. It's just not all that fun unless you get really lucky and find a lobby of people who aren't kd whores.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (195 Views)
0 Likes