Jan 15 2011
By: leukoplast Last Guardian 12345 posts

Seriously, stop playing MW2 already.

42 replies 880 views Edited Jan 15, 2011

Why are you still playing MW2?  BO has been out for two months now, and you guys need to move on already.  MW2 was a horrible game when it was being fully supported by IW and Activision   Now that IW has split up and Activision focused on BO, MW2 will NEVER be supported again and is in worse shape than it ever was before (hard to believe, but it's true).  The hackers will be able to do whatever they want and they will never be stopped by Activision.   By playing MW2 you become their play-toys of amusement.   Do you really want that?

Another reason people need to stop playing is to get the MW2 poison out of their heads if the FPS genera has any hope of recovery.  People play MW2 then go into other decent FPS games and start abusing the melee system (knifing), trying to quickscope and many other bad habits MW2 has taught people.  And it ends up ruining these other games.   Think about Adam and Eve getting the knowledge of good and evil with the apple... MW2 has done almost that, except it has shown people how to abuse, exploit and ruin FPS online games.   I saw the woeful destructive power MW2 has had on people with the KZ3 beta...  to say the least, this is a powerful beast that needs to be stopped.

The sooner we can get people away from the MW2 plague, the better.  So please, STOP PLAYING IT!!   You will only get hacked if you play online in MW2, so you might as well move onto BO.  Which BTW is about 400x's better than MW2, even with the problems it has.

Message 1 of 43 (880 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Re: Seriously, stop playing MW2 already.

Jan 15, 2011

I agree. However, who cares if they play it? Other people playing it isn't going to affect you playing Black Ops. They may not know all of this when they play Modern Warfare 2 but that's their choice, not ours. I would play Modern Warfare 2 myself if it weren't for the hacks. But I won't play online anymore because of the hacks alone.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 2 of 43 (880 Views)
Sackboy
631 posts

Jan 15, 2011

Why do you o constantly do this Leukp, I'm getting tired of it now.

Message 3 of 43 (880 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

Jan 15, 2011

Just my POV: I bought it. I think that should give me some rights as a consumer to play it if I want to. I have two cars. Sometimes I still take out the older one for fun. Same dealie-o with MW2. I got other games, but saying don't play a game that's still pretty new (basically a year+) and is one I enjoy, is not advice I'll adhere to.

Message 4 of 43 (880 Views)
Fender Bender
3002 posts

Jan 15, 2011

Voicing your opinion is one thing but telling people they'll "only get hacked" isn't true. And telling people what to do isn't cool either. Relax and let people play whatever games they want.

Message 5 of 43 (880 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5503 posts

Jan 15, 2011

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:

I would play Modern Warfare 2 myself if it weren't for the hacks. But I won't play online anymore because of the hacks alone.

Screamaimfire999

I feel the exact same way.

Google+Google+Google+Google+Google+
Message 6 of 43 (880 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Jan 15, 2011

Seriously, stop posting here already.

Why are you still posting here? We all know you like to rant and cry about ludicrous things either because someone owned you hard with a class set-up and/or gun or you can't use said class set-up and/or gun to retaliate back, you need to move on already.

Photobucket

Message 7 of 43 (880 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 15, 2011

I got hacked -__- didnt play in forever and when i log on today, i'm hacked.

Message 8 of 43 (880 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Jan 15, 2011

CardinalRose wrote:

Voicing your opinion is one thing but telling people they'll "only get hacked" isn't true. And telling people what to do isn't cool either. Relax and let people play whatever games they want.

With all do respect, now that the PS3 can be jailbroken on the latest FW without a dongle (which means they can log into the PSN with homebrew) the amount of hacking in MW2 has probably quadrupled.  Because now anybody can do it and isn't limited to just those with FW 3.41, a jailbreaking dongle and a second PS3.   Anybody with internet and a standard storage device can download the files and jailbreak their PS3 in mere minuets.  And while they are going to eventually get banned off the PSN by Sony, this doesn't stop as many as you think.

Just look at the main page of this forum, there must be a dozen threads about people getting hacked in MW2, and dozens more postings in those threads of people being hacked and how out of hand it's getting.   Heck, even DaJERK27's post above helps validate my claim.  He hasn't played MW2 in a long time, went to play, and got hacked. 

I will admit it obviously isn't a 100% chance kind of thing and I was exaggerating a bit, but it is probably pretty close.   Mix the influx of jailbreakers on the PS3 + the fact that Activison nor IW is going to support the game any longer nor do they care what happens to it... that = MW2 hacker heaven!   MW2 is done for, and anybody looking to play it legitimately to rank up and earn stats is going to be in a world of hurt when all their hard work goes to waste when they get placed in a lobby with a host who has a hacked patch.     And with the infection hacks, everybody in the hackers lobby's is susceptible of carrying on certain hacked DVARs for when they become host of a match.   Thus cascading and infecting that whole lobby of players as well.   Then rinse and repeat.

With all the threads created within the last few days about people being hacked in MW2, I felt this to be necessary.   As it seems to me people are complaining quite a bit about being hacked in MW2.   So the most feasible solution is to stop playing MW2 (which will only get worse and worse hack-wise over the coming weeks) and play BO, which is hack-free ATM.   If I can still edit my thread, I will go in and make it so I am not telling people what to do, but rather suggesting what they do.   Which really is what I intended in the first place, as it is is impossible to tell people what to do on a forum since no matter what I say, they can do as they please.  

MrKrayzie420 wrote:

Seriously, stop posting here already.

Why are you still posting here? We all know you like to rant and cry about ludicrous things either because someone owned you hard with a class set-up and/or gun or you can't use said class set-up and/or gun to retaliate back, you need to move on already.

Ah, more personal attacks.   Can't argue against the topic?  

Either way you don't need to click on my threads, since its obvious you know 'exactly' how I post.  Or do you just like to stop by to do some flaming/trolling?

Message 9 of 43 (880 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Jan 15, 2011

CardinalRose wrote:

Exactly, and I couldn't agree more. I played MW2 yesterday just because I still own the game. Black Ops is defiantly fun and way better than MW2, but I still like to play my older games.

Message 10 of 43 (880 Views)
0 Likes