Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Re: Revolutionary War style COD?

Mar 4, 2009

...maybe more than a beer short of a six pack? 

-way to kill a discussion thread

--Where you on Tool academy? 

Message 11 of 31 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
470 posts

Mar 4, 2009

BJD66 wrote:
I DON'T MIND THE IDEA...SERIOUSLY,  BUT JUST FOR FUN HOW ABOUT COD: CAVEMAN WARFARE ?!  THROWING ROCKS AND SPEARS...RIDING PREHISTORIC BIRDS...A PERK COULD BE TO RELEASE A T-REX OR RAPTORS.  DRAG WOMEN AROUND BY THEIR HAIR... JUST KIDDING, OK.

Lol! That actually sounded fun, speacially the perk and the women thing (I'm kidding).

The grenades would be changed by the rocks. It would be cool if it were at an age that already have arrows. It would be cool to ambush the enemies with huge amounts of arrows (kinda 300). Message Edited by pitifau on 03-04-2009 08:55 AM

Message Edited by pitifau on 03-04-2009 09:26 AM
Message Edited by pitifau on 03-04-2009 09:29 AM
Message 12 of 31 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Mar 4, 2009

Why not just leave it at bum fighting? You throw an empty bottle at me, I pee on you... could be fun.

Message 13 of 31 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4950 posts

Mar 4, 2009

KodiaKilla wrote:
Sound appealing? or no

yah, 5 minutes to reload your single shot musket, while standing in a long line of soldiers, firing at another long line of soldiers, until a cannonball blows your legs off....no, not very fun for a video game....it would have maybe 20 minutes of replay value (AKA 4 shots from your musket!)
Message 14 of 31 (181 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Mar 4, 2009
Pitifau, going on what you said about how no one used different tactics besides line against line of men fighting eachother. That is incorrect. Take The Patriot for example, a decent movie and a good display of the tactics used in that time period....sure, the norm was to line men up against eachother and face eachother on a wide open field killing senselessly, but what of the 10% that used Guerilla warfare? Mel Gibson's character in The Patriot was "The Swamp Fox," a renowned guerilla tactician and excellent ambush fighter. Not everyone used Napoleonic tactics in those days. So in conclusion, going off on if a Rev. War game would be cool.....eh....maybe. Personally I think a World War 1 game would be cool, or even a Roman Legion FPS. Throwing spears and crap at your opponent, watching their heads fly off. AMAZING.
PSN: ToxicKiwi

Free userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbars
Message 15 of 31 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3418 posts

Mar 4, 2009
Reloading guns would be super annoying.
Message 16 of 31 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1566 posts

Mar 4, 2009

KodiaKilla wrote:
Sound appealing? or no

Sounds like an amazing idea, however, I think they will do a vietnam call of duty before they consider doing that.

NEWS: After a warning from Belgium, the terror alert level in France has been upgraded from 'RUN' to 'HIDE', authorities have been told to prepare for further increases in the alert level to 'SURRENDER' and possibly even 'COLLABERATE' should the security condition continue to degrade.
Message 17 of 31 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Mar 5, 2009

pitifau wrote:
No, it doens't. At least not for me.
Message Edited by pitifau on 03-04-2009 08:26 AM

same
http://www.youtube.com/user/mdw880
Message 18 of 31 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Mar 5, 2009

Eh I think some things would be cool but some things wouldnt be.

What wouldnt be cool were the battles...a majority of the battles that took place were line vs line. The traditional "honorable European" way of fighting. Some of the battles were guerilla tactics (usually the Colonists since they learned that fighting from the American Indians.) But the line vs line thing I think would only work if it was more then 6 or 9 on a team. To have a team of like 100 vs 100 would be totally sick.  Especially if you stand in a line fire a couple of times, and then go to close quarter combat.

What would be cool was some things I just thought of off the top of my head:

3 Kill streak = American Indian scouts

5 Kill streak = Cannons

7 Kill streak = Cavalry

Would something like this fit with the Call of Duty franchise?  Probably not.  Would it make a sick war game seperate from the franchise? I think so

Message 19 of 31 (181 Views)
Lombax Warrior
256 posts

Mar 5, 2009

BJD66 wrote:
I DON'T MIND THE IDEA...SERIOUSLY,  BUT JUST FOR FUN HOW ABOUT COD: CAVEMAN WARFARE ?!  THROWING ROCKS AND SPEARS...RIDING PREHISTORIC BIRDS...A PERK COULD BE TO RELEASE A T-REX OR RAPTORS.  DRAG WOMEN AROUND BY THEIR HAIR... JUST KIDDING, OK.

I know you're kidding, but I have the urge to say: **bleep**???? lmao that sounds funny.

It's either CoD Zombies, LittleBigPlanet, Burnout Paradise, or Rock Band.
Message 20 of 31 (181 Views)
0 Likes