Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 09 2009
By: MysticJon Wastelander 816 posts

MW2 Map Pack Information

122 replies 98 views Edited Sep 9, 2009

**It seems that there is a rumor going around that the Xbox 360 version is getting exclusive map pack(s). This is not true. This topic serves as a clarfication**

From Fourzerotwo:

Apparently a message going around on PSN claiming exclusive #MW2 maps for Xbox 360. FTR - it's false. Don't believe random chain messages.

http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/3802514684

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=91508&p=1762906#p1762906

Fourzerotwo wrote:
Where are people "hearing" map packs are exclusive to Xbox 360?

First... It's false.

Second... why are people believing it?

The Xbox 360 platform is recieving the first 2 Modern Warfare 2 Map Packs for an exclusive unknown amount of time.

Source:
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3/

@30:45

The PS3 is still getting the Map Packs. The only difference is that PS3 users have to wait for that unknown amount of "exclusivity" time.

There is no more information currently on the Map Packs, only that there will be at least two, with the possibllity of more and the first two are timed exclusives for the 360.

For the PC

No details have been announced for these Map Packs, but they will most likely arrive on the PC as well. Again there are no details (so this is all an assuption).

The only hard facts there are about these Map Packs is:

-There will be at least two of them.
-The first two map packs will be released for the 360 first.

About Infinity Ward's DLC policy:

DLC is not developed until after the full game is polished, finished, and released.

Therefore, there is no way to include it in the main game because it doesn't exist. We have two years for our development cycle, in that two years we complete the main game (single player, spec ops, multiplayer).

Once we've finished and shipped the finished game off for certification and disc printing. While we're waiting for the game to be printed on discs and go to stores, then we sit down and start thinking about what we'd like to do for DLC.

We've agreed to at least Two map packs already, but we won't start development on them or thinking about whats included in them until AFTER we've finished the game. We've just agreed to do them.

We would never purposely hold anything back just so we can release it as DLC. I think we've proved that with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The fact we only did 1 map pack because we felt it was important that Modern Warfare 2 got two full years of development and therefore as many maps as possible at LAUNCH.

Release date for maps: Unknown.

How much longer PS3 players will have to wait for maps: Unknown.

Message Edited by MysticJon on 09/09/2009 06:36 PM
"It was probably when I first thought about how wonderful it might be to be someone who touches others through his creations that I found my inspiration."

-Fumito Ueda
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 123 (98 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Re: Map Pack Information

Sep 9, 2009
We all knew this already.... Its a timed exclusive...

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 123 (98 Views)
Sackboy
594 posts

Re: MW2 Map Pack Information

Sep 10, 2009
why the f**k is everyone makeing such a big deal over this its dumb xbox gets everything before ps3
Clan SHOT (Secret Hostile Operations Team)
i made some poos, i made some poos, i didn't mean to.
("Quoted by bi+ch Stewie Griffin.")
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 123 (98 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2054 posts

Sep 10, 2009
sony should buy the next two map packs give m$ a nice kick in the ass
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 123 (98 Views)
Wastelander
816 posts

Sep 10, 2009

aj_likez_2_party wrote:

Would be nice, but also would never happen. Sony doesn't do business that way.

"It was probably when I first thought about how wonderful it might be to be someone who touches others through his creations that I found my inspiration."

-Fumito Ueda
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 123 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1672 posts

Sep 10, 2009
I lol'd at how three people sent me this believing this, and millions of people (literaly) doing what the message said to do: change ur clan tag to MW2 to protest. EPIC FAIL FOR THEM, EPIC WIN FOR PEOPLE WHO WERE RIDICULED FOR NOT BELIEVIN'
My Sig
Youtube.com/Skier1017 --- Proud Yankee Fan --- Now On: KZ2, Uncharted 2, AC2, MW2
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 123 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4687 posts

Re: MW2 Map Pack Information

Sep 10, 2009
I never really understood the point of timed exclusive. OOOOOO You get the DLC a couple weeks before us. I mean really whats the point. IT really doesn't make a difference.

PSN - Weavyy
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 123 (98 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1672 posts

Sep 10, 2009

MysticJon wrote:

aj_likez_2_party wrote:

Would be nice, but also would never happen. Sony doesn't do business that way.

Yep, Sony is the honorable and respectful fair player, and M$ is the cheater who always wins and buys exclusitivity to everything, and brags about **** they make thats sucks (ex. Vista, Natal, Avatars...)

My Sig
Youtube.com/Skier1017 --- Proud Yankee Fan --- Now On: KZ2, Uncharted 2, AC2, MW2
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 123 (98 Views)
Sackboy
591 posts

Sep 10, 2009

NoXiiOuS_xMW wrote:

all knew this already? what about all the dudes on psn with mw2 as clan tag sending me msgs  "USE MW2 AS CLAN TAG,  WE WANT MAPS TOO!!!!"

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 123 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1672 posts

Sep 10, 2009

Kudai_ wrote:

NoXiiOuS_xMW wrote:

all knew this already? what about all the dudes on psn with mw2 as clan tag sending me msgs  "USE MW2 AS CLAN TAG,  WE WANT MAPS TOO!!!!"

They are gullible fools.
My Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 123 (98 Views)
0 Likes