Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Just got black ops 2 when tried to play crashed my ps3 please help

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

This reply is to all who are having ps3 crashes with black ops 2 such as tv going black, red blinking light,and then when you reboot it says you turned set off incorrectly and data may be corrupted.All of you probably have older ps3s such as 20gb 40gb 60gb 80gb and any other model that is backward compatible for ps2.Obviously they were designed differently internally than current models,and this difference is causing a problem with reading the the disc properly in some cases.Twisted metal is another game with the same problems.I had them both.What I think is the problem is that some game makers are eliminating some step that is required to play on earlier models Lets hope this doesn't become a trend Be advised that I am not talking about simple lag or glitches that doesnt shut the set off.That may be another problem altogether.What I would advise is that you don't try to continue to play the game.Because with each shut down you are causing harm to your set I really dont think a patch will fix this problem. Either return the game for full refund claiming it defective for older sets or trade it in for whatever you can get.If you must have the game,buy a new console

Message 11 of 17 (723 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 15, 2013

^^^ that's not an answer, I want to play this game and my PS3 plays every other game/bluray whatever fine, Treyarch need to sort this, not me going to buy a different game or a new console!

Message 12 of 17 (561 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 5, 2013
We have to buy a new console because of a shortcut they made!?! And who is going to foot the bill for the new console!?! I have had my console since 2007 without a single glitch and now because of treyarchs **bleep**-up I have to replace an otherwise perfect console I dont think so! They need to put right their own mistakes and admit responsibility!
Message 13 of 17 (475 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

REPLY to @ Grandfather

First of all i have a 3 month old blue ray drive, not 3 years, it was just installed/Repaired prior to launch. My game freezes all the time. 120 gig slim

Second, People come here for answers, look for support, stop giving misinformation that you cannot confirm as being accurate.

Third, if your ps3 is fine playing other games you can assume its not the system. Least not yet (blue ray laser fail could be lurking)

Fourth if you dont know what your talking about just skip the thread and move on.

Fifth if your using a old ps3 that works fine, dont upgrade it to a newer model, the blue ray laser in the new ones are a complete **bleep** and fail every 6 months to a year,  esp if you play alot like I do. (disk read error unable to read disk) Get a 2 year warentee if you upgrade, the slim models are kinda SH*T.  40 Gig ps3 lasted way longer than any of my slims. All died to disk read blue ray error.  My ps2 used to last Years with the same if not more usage. And i played all of the socoms to death on my ps2. Many hours that thing held up, shame quality has taken a back seat to Hype and greed.

iwilldes-l-royu
Message 14 of 17 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

Sad part is I had just fixed my most recent blue ray drive failure (5 now btw) back in october to be ready for BO2 launch.

Now I cant play bo2 without crashing, yet other games seem to work fine, for now anway

The official website for BO2 can be found by googling Activision Black ops 2 forums. (cant paste link here dont know why)

You are not alone, Many ps3, Xbox, and PC players have reported game crashing on this site daily.

Check it out if you need more info. Or just a laugh if your bored.

iwilldes-l-royu
Message 15 of 17 (456 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 6, 2013

got 3 ps3's BO2 works fine on my first slim versions but wont work at all on my new version freezes and locks up any idea why?

Message 16 of 17 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Feb 20, 2013

This is a problem many people are having with Black Ops II, or so I've read. Anyways try doing these following steps:

1. Make sure your PS3 is off.

2. Once it's completely shut off hold down the power button on the PS3. You'll hear it beep once. The PS3 will then turn back off.

3. Take your finger off and then hold the button down again and you'll hear one beep then two beeps. Once you hear the two beeps go off then you can take your finger off of the power button.

4. You'll see a screen that has different options. Select Restore File System.

5. This will fix any corrupted files that may be on your system. (Kind of like when you defragment a computer)

6. Once it's complete it will restart the PS3.

Hope that helps and if you need more help feel free to ask.

Hope this helped!

Keep on gaming!!!
Message 17 of 17 (372 Views)
0 Likes