Uncharted Territory
2085 posts

Re: Is it really any wonder this board is what it is?

Dec 7, 2009

Batang-X wrote:

it wouldn't be so bad if they actually improved upon MW1.

IW has usually been ground breaking when it comes to their past cod games but since this is their first sequel,

they probably thought "It's obviously gonna be the same game, let's just add new things like maps, perks, weapons, and a few killstreaks here and there and slap on 'part 2' on the title and we're good to go!"

now the question is: did they learn the lesson for future titles or were they blinded by the sales statistics yet again?

I think it is the right amount of progression. We don't want to get too far from the game we love. Look what happened to socom. They tried to advance it outside of it's socom box and destroyed it. People like socom for the way socom plays. Same with CoD.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (0 Views)
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Dec 7, 2009
I think the game is good, the saying "can't please everyone all the time" is getting old because all the bashing that's being done I am surprised anyone likes this game besides me! lol
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 7, 2009

The only thing on the list I can really agree with is the

"Then there's the glitchers, and the boosters, and the other sundry and assorted cheaters"

My beef is the simple things they coulda done.  AK-47 top gun...it's what...1960s tech.  If it was really that good why would any country have bothered designing anything new? Same with the Cobra.  Where did silencers for light machine guns & shotguns come from???  It's like they did no research & just figured nobody would realize it.

Message Edited by Evil_Incarnate_ on 12-07-2009 11:13 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
871 posts

Dec 7, 2009

Evil_Incarnate_ wrote:

The only thing on the list I can really agree with is the

"Then there's the glitchers, and the boosters, and the other sundry and assorted cheaters"

My beef is the simple things they coulda done.  AK-47 top gun...it's what...1960s tech.  If it was really that good why would any country have bothered designing anything new? Same with the Cobra.  It's like they did no research & just figured nobody would realize it.

Since you brought it up...

This entire game simply reeks of a overt cash grab to me.  There is no sign whatsoever of innovation.  They say they are just giving the people more of what they (think) they want.  Now, I'm a Capaitalist so power to them I say, but let's don't confuse this game with a ground breaking, genre blurring title when the only thing they did was to graft a ridiculously extensive perk subset on the existing ones calling them "pro"(?) or whatever and trump up a bunch  of Killstreaks and deathstreaks rewards. **bleep**?  Some games I've been in there's like 5 planes in the sky you either have to avoid or take time to shoot down.  And to me throwing in the "No Russian"  ahem, mission, into the single player was another thinly veiled attempt at boosting sales by being controversial, which it did.  And now there is the tactical nuke which has spawned an entire new breed of boosters using tactical insertion to get the nuke 'cause it's so cool dude.

When I think about CoD4, I think it was just right.  You had to be good to get a Kill STreak going, but even if you did get one it wasn't a complete game changer.  Now they've automated the whole thing to a large degree and this game is just insane at times and between all the things I mentioned in the OP, it just loses it's edge.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
27 posts

Dec 7, 2009

Most of the things on your list Involves the way people play the game. That has nothing to do with IW. Be angry with the people playing that way not IW.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (0 Views)
Wastelander
871 posts

Dec 7, 2009

Nintendo_WiiD wrote:

Most of the things on your list Involves the way people play the game. That has nothing to do with IW. Be angry with the people playing that way not IW.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't IW provide the tools for the people to use/abuse?  For instance, would someone sit and camp in a corner if it wasn't for the ridiculous Killstreaks available?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1531 posts

Dec 7, 2009

Glitching is my only real Peeve... The rest you can solve easily. To all the complainers, I'll explain:

Sixstring59 wrote:

So you've got the camping complainers. : Don't keep going back to them.

Then you've got the run-n-gun complainers. : Ahh, one of the reasons for campers. Just avoid the middle of the map.

Then there's the noob tube complainers. : Don't Run-n-Gun/Camp.

Oh and there's too many perks. : Never too many.

Hold that thought, there really isn't enough perks. : There are enough to get the job done/have fun/

Martyrdom sucks, but now there's Painkiller to witch about. : Ends in 10 seconds. Just avoid them...

Then there's the glitchers, and the boosters, and the other sundry and assorted cheaters or there. : Glitchers and cheaters? Not much you can do about this. Just join a different game.

So with all that, add in the extremely long matchmaking waiting times. : Get a better ISP. I connect just fine.

Then there is the horrific lag if you do manage to get into a game. : Again, Get a better ISP.

And if you, God forbid, mangae to get a game with no lag there is a new breed of oh so special NUKE boosters (isn't that cheatin?) that end it all prematurely just 'cause it's cool. : If you don't like it, just leave.

Peace

☢ SUSPECTED-KiLLER ☢

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
255 posts

Dec 7, 2009

Sixstring59 wrote:

So you've got the camping complainers.

Then you've got the run-n-gun complainers.

Then there's the noob tube complainers.

Oh and there's too many perks.

Hold that thought, there really isn't enough perks.

Martyrdom sucks, but now there's Painkiller to witch about.

Then there's the glitchers, and the boosters, and the other sundry and assorted cheaters or there.

So with all that, add in the extremely long matchmaking waiting times.

Then there is the horrific lag if you do manage to get into a game.

And if you, God forbid, mangae to get a game with no lag there is a new breed of oh so special NUKE boosters (isn't that cheatin?) that end it all prematurely just 'cause it's cool.

And then you got the people who complain about the complainers which complain about the listed ones...

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (0 Views)
Wastelander
871 posts

Dec 7, 2009

InfernoXDragon wrote:

Sixstring59 wrote:

So you've got the camping complainers.

Then you've got the run-n-gun complainers.

Then there's the noob tube complainers.

Oh and there's too many perks.

Hold that thought, there really isn't enough perks.

Martyrdom sucks, but now there's Painkiller to witch about.

Then there's the glitchers, and the boosters, and the other sundry and assorted cheaters or there.

So with all that, add in the extremely long matchmaking waiting times.

Then there is the horrific lag if you do manage to get into a game.

And if you, God forbid, mangae to get a game with no lag there is a new breed of oh so special NUKE boosters (isn't that cheatin?) that end it all prematurely just 'cause it's cool.

And then you got the people who complain about the complainers which complain about the listed ones...

Noted.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (0 Views)
0 Likes