Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 29 2011
By: Verdeur04 First Son 4 posts

I've lost my cod black ops online rank..

13 replies 1510 views Edited Dec 29, 2010

I sign in today and all of a sudden im back at level one. i was at 2nd prestige lvl 49 the night before. the strange thing is all my stats and game time and all that is still inplace, but ive lost all my currency, rank, classes, etc. so im two days in with 11k kills at level 1.....

with that being said, i have a number of questions:

what exactly happened?

is there anything i can do to get my rank back? ( based on what ive read no, but i figured asking myself wouldn't hurt..)

what would you guys do, carry on with the same psn and carry these ridiculous stats with no rank, (id hate to come off as a booster/hacker or anything like that)

OR cut my losses and start over with a new name

thanks in advance for any input

Message 1 of 14 (1,510 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Re: I've lost my cod black ops online rank..

Dec 29, 2010

2 days in with 11k kills?  I think I have 3 days now and I only have about 7500k kills.   You must play that game mode where you get some 200 kills a match.

At any rate, it doesn't sound like a stat wipe kind of thing.  Otherwise your stats would have been gone too (far as I know).  It's probably just another one of those glitches, and it's possible you will get the rank back.  Have you played any matches since the reset?  Maybe after the first match you play it will go back to normal.

Message 2 of 14 (1,510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 29, 2010

Same thing happened to me on Battle Field, just play it for a while, and they might possibly come back.

(How I got mine back: I play deathmatch, and I had to wait until it went to a different map.)  Once it did that I could see my stats, use my unlocked weapons, etc.  So patience and play. :3

Message 3 of 14 (1,510 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Dec 29, 2010

If you read my thread something similar happened to me. i played like 10 games gained 2 levels from level 45 to 47 or something then loading the 11th game it froze. I quit reloaded BO game me an error message and next thing i know i back at level 45.

Message 4 of 14 (1,510 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Dec 29, 2010

good point man

Message 5 of 14 (1,510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 2, 2011

turns out i was about to hit 3 days at 11k kills i think my time was at 2 days and 23 hours. at any rate, all my stats were wiped, (combat record, weekly and monthly leaderboards) with an exception to my all time leaderboards which still states my rank is lvl 49 2nd prestige and all my kills are still in tact.

I've cut my losses and just started over from level one, and now that i have a feel for the game my K/D is at 2.89 at lvl 38.

thats really disappointing that kids would actually take time out of there day to report me if that is in fact that case, when ive never cheated at this game in my life, i mean its a game, i have far bigger issues to worry about then making sure i do whatever it takes to be respected in the call of duty world...

thanks for the input though.

Message 6 of 14 (1,510 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2124 posts

Jan 10, 2011

This happend to my brother yesterday (PSN:smileytongue:eluri94) and there's no explanation why it happened... he's a good player and he hasn't been cheating/glitching in any way if someone's wondering, he doesn't even know how to.

Luckily he isn't one that cares about stats so this doesn't affect hes playing much but things like that shouldn't hapen!

Message 7 of 14 (1,510 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Jan 10, 2011

dewood wrote:

Sounds like someone might have reported you for cheating or boosting. More than likely you were playing in a game and owned someone and they reported you out of spite. There are a lot of sick jealous people who when faced with a better player prefer to report them for cheating rather than just admit to themselves that person is a better player than them. Leukoplast openly admitted in a post a while back that he reports people who own him during the games he plays.

On the Blops forum there are a lot of people who have had this happen to them. This is one of the problems we may get when given the opportunity to report a wrong doing. that function is going to be abused by fo ols with no common sense. As im sure the people responsible for bans and stat adjustments wont look at all your game play frame by frame to see if you have been cheating because of the high amount of cheating reports they must receive. So they probably just look at your stats and I must say 11k kills in 2 days of play would look suspicious. So if your innocent blame fo ols like those that admit to openly reporting people for no good reason. I think that the people who abuse the reporting should be banned or lose their rank, or stats themselves.

The system works!  

BTW, nice flaming.  You must really take personal offense to how I play this game.   After all, this entire post was aimed directly at me.  I am honored.

Message 8 of 14 (1,510 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Jan 10, 2011

leukoplast wrote:

dewood wrote:

Sounds like someone might have reported you for cheating or boosting. More than likely you were playing in a game and owned someone and they reported you out of spite. There are a lot of sick jealous people who when faced with a better player prefer to report them for cheating rather than just admit to themselves that person is a better player than them. Leukoplast openly admitted in a post a while back that he reports people who own him during the games he plays.

On the Blops forum there are a lot of people who have had this happen to them. This is one of the problems we may get when given the opportunity to report a wrong doing. that function is going to be abused by fo ols with no common sense. As im sure the people responsible for bans and stat adjustments wont look at all your game play frame by frame to see if you have been cheating because of the high amount of cheating reports they must receive. So they probably just look at your stats and I must say 11k kills in 2 days of play would look suspicious. So if your innocent blame fo ols like those that admit to openly reporting people for no good reason. I think that the people who abuse the reporting should be banned or lose their rank, or stats themselves.

The system works!  

BTW, nice flaming.  You must really take personal offense to how I play this game.   After all, this entire post was aimed directly at me.  I am honored.

Don't be honored, number 1, I have no idea now you play the game. number 2 the post is not flaming it is answering a question as to how the op might have had his stats wiped. You should be holding your head in shame. No the system does not work. Are you delusional ? how can you think it works when a player who says he is innocent gets his stats wiped? Its because of people like you that abuse the reporting button and report people who own you as a last ditched attempt to get them back because you cant beat them in the game. It is childish behaviour and if you post admitting that you report numerous people daily for no good reason then expect to be named and shamed.

Message 9 of 14 (1,510 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Jan 10, 2011

dewood wrote:

Sounds like someone might have reported you for cheating or boosting. More than likely you were playing in a game and owned someone and they reported you out of spite.

All I know is I have 3 really good clan members that get called names ever fucking night . Now I know people are reporting them out of spite, But yet they haven't got reset. I don't know one person that has ever had there stats reset unless they were cheating or boosting in some way.

Message 10 of 14 (1,510 Views)
0 Likes