Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Re: How bad are Black Ops Hacks?

May 18, 2012

A lag hack is, well it speaks for itself, it lags the game for everybody except the person who is hacking it. For example.......lets say you are shooting at an enemy, all the sudden the game lags and you die instantly. What the hacker did was flip the lag switch, lag the game and make it difficult if not impossible to kill him and gave him time to kill you without resistance or problem. There are other various ways lag hacks operate and work but that is the kind I run into the most often. You have to watch killcams, your internet connection as well the hosts because sometimes this does happen and its because a host left or your internet connection when to crap for that moment you needed it most so watch out for those sighns of it not being a lag hack. Sometimes its difficult to tell the difference and you have to let it go with a sigh.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 50 (307 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 18, 2012

What hacks? There isn't any. I've never seen a modded lobby in my entire time playing it. It's a great game with it's zombie addition, multiplayer is okay, not the best but I've never seen a hack...

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 50 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

May 21, 2012

Yeah I've had this. My connection is pretty good, on a bad day I'll get three bars but overall I'm not the problem but I've seen where the host is lagging. I'm seeing this a lot, but not that obvious. What happens is I'm sure I'm shooting or knifing at the right time but I die anyway and when I go and look at the killcam then sure enough it's a solid kill. What I'm trying to train myself to do is anticipate because firing that shot a 1/2 second earlier could be the difference between getting the kill or being killed. Again I attribute this to host lag not hacking though.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 50 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

May 21, 2012

True, true man. I have gotten into the habbit of leading my enemy with the gun sights mainly cause I use the M16. I have noticed though that when your internet connection is full, if its no illusion, that you seem to move faster and kick ass. I am an average player when three bars are up, ok in zombies though, but when it goes up to four I am like awesome. Do you see this to or am I just imagining crap?

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 50 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

May 22, 2012

Yeah I've seen this too. I wondered why but now that you mention it like that then that could be it. Every so often I kick @$$ but I'm a Noob so it's very rare. I never thought to attribute it to speeds. Maybe it's legit

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 50 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

May 22, 2012

O.K. I was just wondering because for a while I was thinking I just sucked ass but now that I know I am not the only one suffering, it makes me feel better that i am not making crap up. Just today I was kicking ass with full bars but then I hit three and it began to dialate between full and three bars and I was off and on so whatever, just have to take it with a sigh and move on. But there has not been any update to Black Ops so do you think the lack of updates and maintenance could be apart of the problem?

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 50 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

May 22, 2012

Well I'm like you, I've only been on PSN for like 2 months. I opened my PSN account maybe a year ago to buy some MK9 DLC but never went online until Black Ops.... but from what I gathered the problem is a combination of your up and down rate (how fast you send and receive data from the game servers) and the PSN servers. From what I gather PSN doesn't have dedicated servers so they're sharing processing power and bandwidth with other games (I assume) and such so players with the best connections tend to process much closer to real time than a person with a slower connection. By that theory I would imagine proximity to PSN servers also helps with your gaming experience.

As for sucking, well I can't attribute all mine to the connection,,,, I genuinely suck but that's okay, I still have fun playing.

Also I think that’s why I’ve heard people say XBox Live is better than PSN. From what I’ve learned I would assume that’s because they charge you a monthly fee, using that fee for a better gaming infrastructure and dedicated servers so that there’s as little slow down on the server end as possible. I’ve even seen where everyone else was going slower and acting “choppy”, that could’ve been me but I would assume it was the server. I think we ended up migrating to a new host.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 50 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14108 posts

May 22, 2012

Do not blame PSN, they have absoluelty nothing to do with maintaining games' servers and neither does XBL. That would be the responsiblity of the games publisher or developer.

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 50 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

May 22, 2012

I had an xbox once and trust me, it is exactly the same. I am with PSN, now called SEN, because I noticed no difference in the online gaming between the two and the PS3 had way more stuff than the Xbox so it just fit my style. And I truthfully have been gaming with the PS3 for nearly three years now. I just use a different account to play online. This is my forum account

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 50 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

May 22, 2012

Nova, you got it right haha

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 50 (307 Views)
0 Likes