Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 20 2010
By: ws01234 First Son 5 posts

Getting tired of the 'new' auto-join.

40 replies 31 views Edited Jul 20, 2010

Okay, maybe "new" isn't the right word for the subject. I have no idea when this change happened, but i feel like it must be within the last month or two. But since this change happened, it seems like both my Loss count and Death count have grown like crazy.

Allow me a minute to explain myself via "Chose your own adventure"

You've been here before. You sign into MW2 online play, and search for a game. In my case, it's Domination. I happen to love Domination. So here I am, waiting for a new game, and

BOOM without showing me a lobby or anything, I'm thrown right into the middle of the game.

Of course, it's not just any game. The screen comes up for me to choose which weapon class, and in the background I can see all three flags are red, and there's a pave low and an AC130 (of course, both are the enemy's).

At this point, you ahve one of two choices:

A) Quit the game and take the loss, and hope for a better game the next time you try to join, 

or

B) Join the game anyway.

Lets say for the sake of discussion you've picked B. 

You're instantly thrown into a game that looks like utter chaos. You hit select and notice that is 6 vs 4, and the other team has at least one person with a 3:1 ratio. Then you look down on the screen and notice the score is 185 to 40. Or 165 to 15. Or something absurd like that.

You immediately breath a loud sigh and start to think about all the bad things you could do to the creators of this game for ruining the first taste of that game you had today. Then you realize the game is over and even though you ended 2-8 (damn those spawn kills! damn those AC130s!), you'll have another chance to pwn some noobs whenever the new game ends and the teams are rebalanced.

BUT THEN: your entire team quits the game back in the lobby because they're as sick of it as you are, and you're stuck with less players. Then usually either the lobby closes (start all over again), or you fail to host migrate while sitting in the lobby (start all over again), or you play a decent game and then one of those two things happens after that game.

Look, I really appreciate that the game seems to think I'm really good and can even out an unbalanced game just because I'm at level 70. Its flattering. But please don't put me into the middle of a game if it's not relatively close or if the game is almost over. I'm not that good, and I'm really getting tired of playing 45-second games where I get absolutely demolished over and over again, before I even see someone on the other team.

It's starting to really piss me off.

I'd really rather just wait to start a new game.

Message 13 of 41 (31 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Re: Getting tired of the 'new' auto-join.

Jul 20, 2010

Agreed.

Message 1 of 41 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
164 posts

Jul 20, 2010

i hate this more than anything else, i hate being thrown into a game already started and almost over.

another thing i can't stand is if i get kicked out of a game in progress, and try to rejoin to keep playing with my friends, i end up on the other team against my friends, i think if they removed the join session in this game, boosting would pretty much be gone, u shouldn't be playing against your friends online, just seems dumb to me.

but i agree with you 50000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

Message 2 of 41 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Jul 20, 2010

ws01234 wrote:

Okay, maybe "new" isn't the right word for the subject. I have no idea when this change happened, but i feel like it must be within the last month or two. But since this change happened, it seems like both my Loss count and Death count have grown like crazy.

Allow me a minute to explain myself via "Chose your own adventure"

You've been here before. You sign into MW2 online play, and search for a game. In my case, it's Domination. I happen to love Domination. So here I am, waiting for a new game, and

BOOM without showing me a lobby or anything, I'm thrown right into the middle of the game.

Of course, it's not just any game. The screen comes up for me to choose which weapon class, and in the background I can see all three flags are red, and there's a pave low and an AC130 (of course, both are the enemy's).

At this point, you ahve one of two choices:

1) Quit the game and take the loss, and hope for a better game the next time you try to join, 

or

2) Join the game anyway.

Lets say for the sake of discussion you've picked B. 

You're instantly thrown into a game that looks like utter chaos. You hit select and notice that is 6 vs 4, and the other team has at least one person with a 3:1 ratio. Then you look down on the screen and notice the score is 185 to 40. Or 165 to 15. Or something absurd like that.

You immediately breath a loud sigh and start to think about all the bad things you could do to the creators of this game for ruining the first taste of that game you had today. Then you realize the game is over and even though you ended 2-8 (damn those spawn kills! damn those AC130s!), you'll have another chance to pwn some noobs whenever the new game ends and the teams are rebalanced.

BUT THEN: your entire team quits the game back in the lobby because they're as sick of it as you are, and you're stuck with less players. Then usually either the lobby closes (start all over again), or you fail to host migrate while sitting in the lobby (start all over again), or you play a decent game and then one of those two things happens after that game.

Look, I really appreciate that the game seems to think I'm really good and can even out an unbalanced game just because I'm at level 70. Its flattering. But please don't put me into the middle of a game if it's not relatively close or if the game is almost over. I'm not that good, and I'm really getting tired of playing 45-second games where I get absolutely demolished over and over again, before I even see someone on the other team.

It's starting to really piss me off.

I'd really rather just wait to start a new game.

So out of choice one and choice two i pick choice B? Seriously considered just to stop reading right there.

Anyways, yeah it's kind of anoying when you enter a losing game like that. What probably happens is people get their buts kicked, the leave, opens up a spot for you, you're searching game. Now you're stuck in a completely impossible game with no other options than to quit or lose. But This doesn't happen quite that often so when I do enter a losing game I make it a self challenge to do as much as I can to turn it arround. Then if the people don't leave next match I make it my personal vendeta to win it for the team(because usually you're stuck with the same team in every match).

Photobucket
Message 3 of 41 (31 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jul 20, 2010
Yeah, I usually play "solo" and go through this time and time again. It absolutely sucks. There's not much you can do about it unless you play with a group of friends or clan so that you don't get thrown into the end of crappy games.

Message 4 of 41 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Jul 20, 2010

Man, I see your point but you, along with a lot of other people on this board have to realize that nothing is perfect. And with a game so good as mw2, anything you point out thats sub-par to the rest of the great things in the game you probably get mad at.

On the other hand, when Im losing and know im not going to win, I try my absolute best to make the other team not have a good time.

If theres a lot of air supports against you, dont bother throwing on cold blooded, just shoot it down no matter how many tries it takes.

Once the airsupport is out of the way, camp back with an accurate gun and pick off all the spawn campers.

You probably wont get all of them but you should get enough to get out of the spawn zone with a good enough running class.

From there you rush right to there spawn and kill everyone you see, which shouldnt be hard cause they all suspect that your being raped in your spawn. Move spots so they dont know where you are and pick them off again.

Ive done this countless times, and ive had guys who got over 70 kills on the other team, yelling and screaming cause i decided to make him die a couple times in a row before he could even touch me.

Message 5 of 41 (31 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 20, 2010
Nothing is perfect? There's a quick solution to this problem: Create an option like, "Only join new games" (or something like that).

I've tried those things. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. The point is, it's annoying as hell and there's no reason it should be the way it is, the developers could easily change the functionality so it's more player friendly.
Message 6 of 41 (31 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1889 posts

Jul 20, 2010

I just ignore my win/loss ratio. I just leave games that I am thrown into if the game isn't even close. Sometimes I wait to get kicked for inactivity because as far as I can tell it doesn't hurt your stats but most of the time I just want to play so I quit out.

My fav is leaving a gong show game, and getting thrown back into it again and again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 41 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Jul 20, 2010

ws01234 wrote:
Nothing is perfect? There's a quick solution to this problem: Create an option like, "Only join new games" (or something like that).

I've tried those things. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. The point is, it's annoying as hell and there's no reason it should be the way it is, the developers could easily change the functionality so it's more player friendly.

This is also a rumored option in Black Ops

Photobucket
Message 8 of 41 (31 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 20, 2010

IWINSLOW wrote:

My fav is leaving a gong show game, and getting thrown back into it again and again.

Ah yes. Good times.

And by good, i mean epically bad.

Message 9 of 41 (31 Views)