Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 23 2010
By: oscarhmj Monster Hunter 36 posts

Game is rated M so only people over 17 should be allowed to play MW2

28 replies 22 views Edited Jan 23, 2010
I know someone will say that it is not illegal for under age ppl to play this game... It is just illegal for them to purchase the game... I think it is just a way to twist things and the whole purpose of the ESRB... M rated games have inappropriate content to under age ppl thats is a fact... Some may say maturity is not a matter of age and I agree but yet you hear 12 yo children playing this game... Where are those children parents? Those children PSN accounts have forged birth dates? I think those children accounts should be banned from the PSN along with their parents accounts too... Or the games shouldn't be ESRB labelled anymore since there is no point in it... Most of the complains that I read here and hear over there would be gone... Peace...
Message 1 of 29 (22 Views)
Wastelander
822 posts

Re: Game is rated M so only people over 17 should be allowed to play MW2

Jan 23, 2010

oscarhmj wrote:
I know someone will say that it is not illegal for under age ppl to play this game... It is just illegal for them to purchase the game... I think it is just a way to twist things and the whole purpose of the ESRB... M rated games have inappropriate content to under age ppl thats is a fact... Some may say maturity is not a matter of age and I agree but yet you hear 12 yo children playing this game... Where are those children parents? Those children PSN accounts have forged birth dates? I think those children accounts should be banned from the PSN along with their parents accounts too... Or the games shouldn't be ESRB labelled anymore since there is no point in it... Most of the complains that I read here and hear over there would be gone... Peace...

does it really matter those 12 year olds are probably better then you. and sony would lose alot alot alot of money if they disabled accounts so they can't play rated M games

Message Edited by Smith262 on 01-23-2010 06:00 PM
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 29 (22 Views)
I Only Post Everything
958 posts

Jan 23, 2010
You could easily say ESRB is a suggestion and not a rule, but ESRB is just there to protect companies from the general people.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 3 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
583 posts

Jan 23, 2010
  1. NO.
  2. It isn't even illegal for people under 17 to purchase it, that's just GameStop's thing.

Improve the Forums:
Message 4 of 29 (22 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Jan 23, 2010
i think you just have a probablem with little squeaky voiced kids killing you over and over... its rated M for the content and for parents to know what their buying for there kids... it doesnt say anywhere that its illegal for them to play.
Message 5 of 29 (22 Views)
Wastelander
794 posts

Jan 23, 2010

The child's parent had to buy it so the parent thinks it an ok game for there child to play. Who are you to say people can't have a game. The companies don't care because they are making money, the kids don't care because they're playing a game, and the parents don't care because they don't have to deal with there kids. Seems like the only people who care are the people that don't know how to use the mute feature, have poor hand-eye coordination, or have poor vision.

and signatures are for little girls (and scary black people *cough*ME*cough*)
Message 6 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2293 posts

Jan 23, 2010

I'm 15, so according to you i'm too young to buy this game.

LOL!

I played every single cod. Better at online gaming then your average adult. Yet you claim i am not allowed to play mw2

Oh besides i didn't get this game for christmas from my parents after a lot of nagging. I pre-ordered it and got it the very day it got it. 

Photobucket
Message 7 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Jan 23, 2010

oscarhmj wrote:

my little cousin play this game online he's 4th perstige the same perstige as me, the company just want to make MONEY:smileytongue:

Message 8 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jan 23, 2010
Message 9 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4047 posts

Jan 23, 2010

RTBronx wrote:

and the parents don't care because they don't have to deal with there kids.

This is the exact reason why this country is going straight to hell...

**bleep**ty parents making bad decisions... parents should be helping kids with their schoolwork, not letting them play video games they shouldnt even be playing...

How old are most of you replying on here?  Im gonna guess some of you are under the recommended 17, lol...  Im 26 and plan on being a good parent.

vincej25
Message 10 of 29 (22 Views)