Wastelander
702 posts

Re: FALs a Beast.

Feb 15, 2011

Does anyone know anything about a real FN FAL?  Maybe if you try to fire the gun extremely fast irl, it jams up.  I know nothing about guns though, but maybe it's something that can happen in real life?  I know obviously it's put in the game to combat modded controllers, but maybe it's also somewhat realistic?

Message 21 of 24 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1570 posts

Feb 15, 2011

biggen12002 wrote:

Does anyone know anything about a real FN FAL?  Maybe if you try to fire the gun extremely fast irl, it jams up.  I know nothing about guns though, but maybe it's something that can happen in real life?  I know obviously it's put in the game to combat modded controllers, but maybe it's also somewhat realistic?

The real FAL is a full automatic assualt rifle, it does have a selective fire switch, semi or full auto. It was used full auto by the Militia in MW2, but they had issues with the recoil in MP for full auto, so they made it semi. Guess they just kept it that way. This was also and issue with the real FAL. All guns can jam in real life, especiallly full and semi auto weapons. Usually its a spent casing that doesn't eject properly. Sometimes caused by the way it is held. Like most guns would not fire properly in gangsta movies the way they hold them sideways, this is the worse way to fire a weapon. Even more so if the bolt is on the up side, the casing will not eject properly, causing a jam.

Message 22 of 24 (42 Views)
Sackboy
603 posts

Feb 16, 2011

Looks like real life had to patch the modded trigger finger as well then. >.<

Message 23 of 24 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Feb 16, 2011

Video Games =/= Real Life

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 24 of 24 (42 Views)
0 Likes