Apr 08 2011
By: fivestarlobster First Son 4 posts

Cod 4 Multiplayer wont work?

8 replies 572 views Edited Apr 8, 2011

The call of duty disk works fine, but when i go to play multiplayer and click: Find Game, the downloading game settings menu pops up. The words DOWNLOADING GAME SETTINGS have always appeared before i joined a match, but usually go away shortly. Now, they stay on the screen indefinitely. I have left the console on that screen for 2+ hours, and it will stay the same. Why is this hapening? Can I fix this?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Re: Cod 4 Multiplayer wont work?

Apr 8, 2011

Its probably one of two things... Maintenance, or they shut the servers down, either for a short period of time or for good...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (572 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 8, 2011

thanks, im guessing its for good too. Its odd that they shut the servers down, while keeping open servers for call of duty 3.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (572 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 9, 2011

yah, same thing happened to my Cod4. Its says Downloading game setting & i cant play.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

Apr 12, 2011

CoD4 MP is still very much alive. I posted this earlier in a similar thread:

"No, it's still up and running. I was, and am still, having this  problem intermittently. It started happening after I switched to a newer  router model.

I  had read that you can fix the "downloading game settings" by either  resetting your router (unplugging the power for a few seconds) or  setting a static IP and forwarding the proper ports in your router  settings. None of those worked for me as I had already forwarded all  necessary ports and reset the router prior to searching for a solution.

What  did work, however, after many hours of fiddling with settings, was to  go into my PS3's network settings and select the "easy" internet  connection setting. Everything loaded properly after I did that. I have  to redo it every couple of days, though.

Best of luck."

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (572 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 28, 2012

That exactly happened to me but i just bought the game and after going on to find game it still won't load someone please help 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2398 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Well, i was on it like a week ago and it was letting me play online but TDM is probably the only game type that was still active all the other game types either could never find people or I would get an error when serching for games.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

"The point isn't for the game to be accessible for all, but for you to beat the game in accordance to their rules" - Admiralvic
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13168 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Back when cod4 was the bomb whenever I got the " downloading game settings " screen I had to unplug the modem and router while that message was on screen. Then it went away once I got back online. I haven't played cod4 in years. Good game back in the day..

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (472 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4789 posts

Oct 3, 2012

amoth3 wrote:

That exactly happened to me but i just bought the game and after going on to find game it still won't load someone please help 

Exit and keep retrying. There really is no workaround for this.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (430 Views)
0 Likes