Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Re: Call of Duty series needs to end.

Jan 11, 2011

They're not going to not call it Call of Duty because the Call of Duty name get headlines and sales.  I think that it should be called Call of Duty as well.  If they just make a carbon copy and send it to space then they're doing the same nonsense.  I also heard it was going to be called "Future Warfare" or "Secret Warfare."  Neither of them indicate being in "outer space."  I thnk Future Warfare is fine as long as it's like Ghost Recon.  Some advanced technology added to what we already have is fine.  I also think that Call of Duty made a huge leap back into the foreground with CoD7.  I hated CoD6 and I swore that I wouldn't buy another Call of Duty game after that destroyed and bastardized CoD4.  Therefore, I still haven't actually bought CoD7 yet.  I got in from GameFly and still haven't purchased it.  Anyway, the new game has a ton of more stuff to it than any other CoD game.  It's awesome.  Hopefully this stuff sticks around and only gets better.  If the next CoD game is in outer space, though, it'll probably suck.

Message 31 of 58 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

Jan 11, 2011

corpix wrote:

I don't agree with the series ending but a break would be a good idea.  I bought my PS3 specifically for playing COD games (starting with COD 4).  I really enjoy playing them but I think more time is needed between titles to get the game working properly before release.  It's great that Treyarch is constantly patching things, but really, this wouldn't be necessary if time was taken to get it right before release.

I totally agree with this.  I think the game has so many bugs that are probably a lot harder to fix with patches than if they were worked out in the studio.  Having a new CoD game even every year and a half or two years would be better for the quality.  I think that they should definitely do this for the next game because of all the nonsense with Infinity Ward.  At least Treyarch keeps up with patches and such.  I also don't blame Treyarch for the bugs and the issues.  I blame Activision for making them put it out on Activision's schedule instead of Treyarch's.  That's why games like Uncharted and KillZone are so good.  There may be delays and push-backs, but the game is really well-made when it's released.  Naughty Dog is the shit.

Message 32 of 58 (150 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

Jan 11, 2011

I have to say, I agree.

I hate it when developers/publishers care for money this much! And what I mean with that is, when Activision tried selling DLC for $15 and saw it was a success, they started doing so with every Call of Duty game, that's complete crap!

Message 33 of 58 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
259 posts

Jan 11, 2011

Yeah...each game lately has made more and more money...good luck on them ending it.

Hell they could make a Call of Duty Cart Racer and it would sell...not saying they should...

John_Oval Trophy Card
Message 34 of 58 (150 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 11, 2011

I agree with you saying that they have been here for a long time, the problem is it dosent matter how crappy a COD will be it's what players want and what they will get just like me. Amazing how you bring out a game like this but won't talk about a game like Final Fantasy which has already made 12 sequels.

Message 35 of 58 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Jan 11, 2011

Just needs to fix the core problems....

It dated P2P code , just get rid and replace it with a better P2P code.

Reward players for objectives and killls

Simple

And learn how to make a decent story not over the top

Wants Timesplitters 4 Smiley Sad *11-25-2010 Time Splitter rank Smiley Very Happy *
Get your Portable ID!
Message 36 of 58 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Jan 11, 2011

nerdlegend wrote:

Dedicated servers? 16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Message 37 of 58 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2137 posts

Jan 11, 2011

The series unofficially ended with CoD:Black Ops. Anything after that is just the name nothing more.

Good news for us is the creators of CoD created their own company Respawn Entertainment. I can't wait for their first title!

Message 38 of 58 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jan 11, 2011

The Call of Duty series won't end until the sales drop dramatically. I personally wouldn't have a problem with the series, if it wasn't being advertised every single year with the captions "best fps ever" and "full of new stuff."

I haven't enjoyed a call of Duty game since cod4. Why? Because instead of them fixing issues, making sure things work out perfectly. Yes I said "perfectly" because lag and the many issues we receive with each release is absolutely horrible.

Who can we really blame though? Them? No we can't. They will keep this up until we stop buying. Will we? Highly doubtfull, not to the extent that they will feel it in their pockets.

So for those who are sick of the series, thankfully there are other video games made and polished better then the call of duty series. And for those content by all means enjoy the:

Call of Duty: 12345656? , map pack , map pack , patch , patch , patch , Call of Duty: 123456567? and then repeat.

How many Call of Duty's do we really need on our shelves? Ten over a duration of twenty years sure no problem. Ten over the course of ten or less years...no thanks.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 39 of 58 (150 Views)
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Jan 11, 2011

Dodgerbluemmm24 wrote:

nerdlegend wrote:

Dedicated servers? 16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Photobucket

You don't need servers only a stable client base

Killzone 2 used P2P and gave the same results as servers or better.

That the dirty truth , i would only want servers so i can admin my own game.

Wants Timesplitters 4 Smiley Sad *11-25-2010 Time Splitter rank Smiley Very Happy *
Get your Portable ID!
Message 40 of 58 (150 Views)
0 Likes