Wastelander
841 posts

Re: Call of Duty series needs to end.

Dec 28, 2010

OoRyBreadoO wrote:

Deanster1018 wrote:

The Call of Duty Series needs to start coming to an end IMO. I hate it when series overstay their welcome. A new game comes out every year. Need for Speed, Madden NFL, Tony Hawk, Spyro. Oh speaking of the Tony Hawk series, that is the one that needs to end the most. I remember back in the mid 90's playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, now they are on like their 16th game, with the hole motion board and ****, I heard the new motion board one had horrible sales too. But now the next CoD game will be taking place in outer space, here's my problem with that. Call of Duty is not a space or Halo game, it is a "Realistic" warfare game that takes place here on earth with real events. Why not just do this, officially end the COD series, and name the new space game something else and make a new series outta that? I really don't want to see a new Need for Speed or Tony Hawk untill im 50. Guitar Hero was smart, they realized the game had its fun, and was now starting to be old news and was overstaying its welcome, that series is now dead. Series arnt possed to go on for 25 years, just a few years.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Just because you aren't into the Call of Duty series doesn't mean it should end. Go look at each games sales and then tell Infinity Ward and Treyarc not to make anymore...  If you owned the company and you were making billions off of games would you just up and end the series... I doubt you would. And besides that fact what about the millions who buy these games. Sure the series is getting long but series die because people stop playing them. I'm sure once the sales drop the series will end but why would they end the series well making billions. Know what I mean?

'Currently playing : *MW2* - COD4 - BlackOps - InFamous - *Warhawk*' OoRyBreadoO Trophy Card

Have you even read any of the posts in this thread? I already stated I love the Call of duty series, its one of my favorite if not my #1 favorite series.

Message 11 of 58 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

Dec 28, 2010

Highland-Hammer wrote:

Well what you guys aren't getting is that Treyarch had TWO years to make BOps and IW had TWO years to make Mw2 but a CoD comes out every year the devs have two years to make it because they switch off.

Само слога Србина спасава-Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Who said we didnt know that? I've known that for years.

Message 12 of 58 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Dec 29, 2010

Call of Duty is not a space or Halo game, it is a "Realistic" warfare game.

Actually Call of Duty is not realistic. nothing about this game is realistic. It's a Arcade game.

Message 13 of 58 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1931 posts

Dec 29, 2010

As long as we're willing to buy it, Activision will keep feeding us this COD crap.  Once the appeal dies down and they release one undersold game, they will revamp everything they've done and finally put some quality into the succeeding title.

It's sad to know we won't have a good game from the COD series until that happens.

Message 14 of 58 (139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1240 posts

Dec 29, 2010

It's gonna be even more next year with maybe two call of duty games coming in 2011, this one made by sledgehammer that is supposedly going to be some kind of space shooter and another one made by IW. That is just gonna be too much call of duty for me, lol. But the sledgehammer one doesnt sound too interesting to me, an action adventure cod game in space, i think i'll stick to what we have now.

Message 15 of 58 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

Dec 29, 2010

Mr-RPG-7 wrote:

Actually Call of Duty is not realistic. nothing about this game is realistic. It's a Arcade game.

I knew when I typed that someone would make that comment. what I meant is that compared to games like Halo and Killzone its realistic.

Message 16 of 58 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1931 posts

Dec 29, 2010

Deanster1018 wrote:

Mr-RPG-7 wrote:

I knew when I typed that someone would make that comment. what I meant is that compared to games like Halo and Killzone its realistic.

Hence why you placed the word "realistic" into quotations.  I got it.  Everyone else didn't apparently.

Message 17 of 58 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4653 posts

Dec 29, 2010

Deanster1018 wrote:

Mr-RPG-7 wrote:

Nope! COD is about exactly as unrealistic as Halo or KZ. The only thing that gives people the impression that it's realistic is that human characters are used. Other than that minor fact the game is about as far fetched and unrealistic as any "space soldier" shooter. Just because it has weapons with real world names doesn't make it even close to realistic.

Way too many people seem to think that the series is a real life simulation game or close to real life combat and it's just not. Sorry but you're way off on this...it's the equivelant of Halo or KZ, only with familiar faces and weapon names.

stargiss
Message 18 of 58 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

Dec 29, 2010

Anyways..

Message 19 of 58 (139 Views)
Gaming Beast
2380 posts

Dec 29, 2010

You know what game is taking a long ass time to make it to the big screen !!! Half Life:Episode3 . The developers are taking so damn long it makes GT5 look like a walk in the park ....... COD will be around for a long time !! Easy shooters call for easy money !!

Message 20 of 58 (139 Views)
0 Likes