Dec 28 2011
By: Deanster1018 Wastelander 841 posts

Call of Duty series needs to end.

57 replies 663 views Edited Dec 28, 2010

The Call of Duty Series needs to start coming to an end IMO. I hate it when series overstay their welcome. A new game comes out every year. Need for Speed, Madden NFL, Tony Hawk, Spyro. Oh speaking of the Tony Hawk series, that is the one that needs to end the most. I remember back in the mid 90's playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, now they are on like their 16th game, with the hole motion board and shit, I heard the new motion board one had horrible sales too. But now the next CoD game will be taking place in outer space, here's my problem with that. Call of Duty is not a space or Halo game, it is a "Realistic" warfare game that takes place here on earth with real events. Why not just do this, officially end the COD series, and name the new space game something else and make a new series outta that? I really don't want to see a new Need for Speed or Tony Hawk untill im 50. Guitar Hero was smart, they realized the game had its fun, and was now starting to be old news and was overstaying its welcome, that series is now dead. Series arnt possed to go on for 25 years, just a few years.

Message 1 of 58 (663 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
981 posts

Re: Call of Duty series needs to end.

Dec 28, 2010

word, BUT....

....go cry about it and never buy a CoD game again.... quit cloggin up the forums with this crap...

BF3 Stats
Message 2 of 58 (663 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Dec 28, 2010

As long as there is a demand there will be supply. Maybe you or your friends might not be into these games. But other folks around are wanting this stuff even more.

Are they coming out with a new one too soon every year maybe but people ask for it and games are a money business.

Something new is always exciting for people. The story... so many users just went straight to the multiplayer and didnt really bother with the story,

Tony Hawk Games were awesome back in the PS2 era.

Q: My console’s not working, can I find help here?
A: There is no official technical support on these forums. Any support you receive is unofficial advice coming from your peers. We recommend you check the Knowledge Center for help with your hardware/game issue. (I may not always reply right away... I play games too you know)---
Message 3 of 58 (663 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
981 posts

Dec 28, 2010

actually it would be my Retardedness.... but oh well

Love ya, too, Guy

wow, even the word R eta rd is being censored.... gee...

BF3 Stats
Message 4 of 58 (663 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
981 posts

Dec 28, 2010

First off, wow.  With the nine-year-old namecalling.  Don't embarrass yourselves, guys.

Second, to play the devil's advocate: there have been plenty of long-standing game series who've managed not to outstay their welcome.  Final Fantasy comes to mind.  The main difference between it and other game series being innovation.  And not just gimmicks, either; real progress.  The trick is to maintain the original basic framework, then build on it in different ways each time you approach it.

CoD4 was a huge leap forward in terms of graphics, mechanics, and gameplay, both as far as the CoD series was concerned, as well as FPS's in general.  The problem it's hitting now is that it was so wildly popular that any devs who handle the series now don't want to take any more risks.  Why change the formula when it's raked in billions upon billions in sales?  CoD is tied to Craptivision, so I doubt this will ever happen... but if they could just climb out of this "play it safe" rut, Call of Duty could continue to raise the bar for shooters.

And about the next CoD taking place in space: wut?  That's definitely taking a risk, but it's also betraying one of the major staples of the entire franchise (historical believability).  A terrible idea.

All roads lead to 623+FP
Message 5 of 58 (663 Views)
Wastelander
841 posts

Dec 28, 2010

Fabcom wrote:

actually it would be my ******edness.... but oh well

Love ya, too, Guy

wow, even the word R eta rd is being censored.... gee...

I know right, they blocked out so many word since the forum update. Just so you guys know, I absolutely love Call of Duty, and have been playing in since CoD 3. But I think the series has had its run through. If the new COD wasn't a "COD" game, it would give the developers a lot of room, and wouldn't limit themselves to what the series has traditionally been, they could do whatever they wanted. I think part of the reason why Final Fantasy and Gran Turismo are still welcome is because they don't just come around every year, and each game is new and deeper than the last (Although GT5 was disappointing, especially when it was delayed for that long). IMO the game that come around every year are "Cheaper" and dont have as much quality and arnt as authentic. Like each Need for Speed game just seems cheaply made and seems to have more glitches and bugs. But even though Call of Duty comes around every year they are definitely not cheap games and are very high quality. I even heard from Next Gen Tactics on YouTube that there will be releasing two Call of duty games in 2011.

Message 6 of 58 (663 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3094 posts

Dec 28, 2010

Regardless of how good/bad/tired the series it will continue for a while yet.

It is the biggest cash cow in gaming history and there is much more cash to be made.

BO has maybe had a short term impact on it's reputation but I would say they could well get away with the next two CoD games being poor before it really hits their pockets and that's the only time the series will end.

Then they will announce that CoD is no more and will announce a NEW FPS series which will be pretty much identical in gameplay but have a new name and settings.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 58 (663 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
981 posts

Dec 28, 2010

I agree, CoD will still be here for a while... and when that ends there will be the same game under a new name....

oh well, I will just play BO for a while and wait for Resistance 3... then I will wait for the new CoD.... Then I will wait for the new Killzone (probably number 4 or 5, lol)....

and then, after 8 more years, they will finally release a new GTA, and then I will throw away all my FPS games anyway

BF3 Stats
Message 8 of 58 (663 Views)
Sackboy
543 posts

Dec 28, 2010

Well what you guys aren't getting is that Treyarch had TWO years to make BOps and IW had TWO years to make Mw2 but a CoD comes out every year the devs have two years to make it because they switch off.

Само слога Србина спасава-Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava

Message 9 of 58 (663 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Dec 28, 2010

Deanster1018 wrote:

The Call of Duty Series needs to start coming to an end IMO. I hate it when series overstay their welcome. A new game comes out every year. Need for Speed, Madden NFL, Tony Hawk, Spyro. Oh speaking of the Tony Hawk series, that is the one that needs to end the most. I remember back in the mid 90's playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, now they are on like their 16th game, with the hole motion board and ****, I heard the new motion board one had horrible sales too. But now the next CoD game will be taking place in outer space, here's my problem with that. Call of Duty is not a space or Halo game, it is a "Realistic" warfare game that takes place here on earth with real events. Why not just do this, officially end the COD series, and name the new space game something else and make a new series outta that? I really don't want to see a new Need for Speed or Tony Hawk untill im 50. Guitar Hero was smart, they realized the game had its fun, and was now starting to be old news and was overstaying its welcome, that series is now dead. Series arnt possed to go on for 25 years, just a few years.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Just because you aren't into the Call of Duty series doesn't mean it should end. Go look at each games sales and then tell Infinity Ward and Treyarc not to make anymore...  If you owned the company and you were making billions off of games would you just up and end the series... I doubt you would. And besides that fact what about the millions who buy these games. Sure the series is getting long but series die because people stop playing them. I'm sure once the sales drop the series will end but why would they end the series well making billions. Know what I mean?

Message 10 of 58 (663 Views)