Dec 17 2012
By: Gamegirl128 First Son 4 posts

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies Freezing

9 replies 425 views Edited Dec 17, 2012

Multiple times, when playing Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies, the game freezes during play. Now, it's not just the game that freezes, but the whole console. I have to completely reset the system, where I get the message, when I turn it back on, that my system wasn't shut off properly, some of my files may be corrupted, and do I want to restore them. Something along those lines. Recently, it's been asking if I want to send a report, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to get a response. I've sent two. Most times, it freezes after a host migration (rage quit in my opinion). Maybe this could be fixed with an update. I don't think it's an overloaded network like I've seen on other responses, but I really don't know. If anyone has a solution or an explanation, please respond. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (425 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Re: Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies Freezing

Dec 18, 2012

Hi Gamegirl128

I also have the same issue as you where I thought it was the server PSN server from the US that was not rsponding. However, as I was connecting to my UK friend with no connectionissues, my game/console still freezes in the middle of a Zombies/Multiplayer match. As I took out the disk, I started to realize that Black Ops 2 uses more of the PS3's Blu-Ray lens than any other game. This leads me to believe that the PS3 Blu-Ray lens may need cleaning or possibly repairing. Right now I am about to send my PS3 to Sony to see if they can fix this issue and I recommend you do the same. There is absolutely no solution to this problem other than to send the console in for repairs sorry. Hope this helped.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (417 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Thanks for a response AceofSpadesX313. However it is inconvenient for me to send my PS3 in. If it was the Blue-Ray lens, I would believe that  parts of the game that don't/can't be played online would freeze up as well, but it's only multiplayer, especially after a host migration (my brother recently told me he had freezing problems with regular multiplayer as well). That's why I'm thinking it could be a problem with the network or perhaps the game itself that can be patched. For example, there were two glitches I know of that were at the power station, where the player could go in a specific spot and the zombies would come to the player and they could pick them off because the zombies couldn't reach/harm them. Both glitches were patched. Other than that I don't know what to think of this problem and I hope there's a way to fix it. I don't think it's the PS3 but I really do appreciate your response, Ace. Thank you. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (413 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Your welcome, in my case my PS3 has problems reading disks now and im probably sending mine in soon. In your case however, have you tired setting your search preferences in BO2 from 'Best' to 'Normal' or from "Any' to 'Normal'? If not then I suggest you do so to obtain clean and lag free multiplayer experience. If you are still experiencing issues, I suggest to go to your router's settings and DMZ your PS3. This will reduce the freezing issue with your BO2 version of the game. Like I said before, it could be the Blu-Ray lens as Treyark put alot of things into this game that freezes the console up to the point where you hard reset. Hope this helped.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (407 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Alright. I'll try that when I get a chance to play again. I guess I'll keep the topic open just in case. Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (404 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Dec 18, 2012

You're Welcome and I do apologize if I am not of much use at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (400 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Oh no, no, no. I appreciated your input. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (389 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 18, 2013
Does yours freeze on mod of the dead?
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (256 Views)
0 Likes
First Son