Sackboy
467 posts

Re: ****CAMPING****

Jan 11, 2008

Chem1st wrote:

wunderkammer wrote:
You can't camp forever. lesson learnt >.<

Theirs a Challenge called Flawless i belive. You have to survive without dying once, its impossible unless you play search and destroy and your team was crazy ownage, otherwise you have to camp.

I killed 5 people in a row in a halway (idk wich map it was). Then people figured out that they can go around me.
PSN: rattenkreig
Clan:
Online: COD4, Rock Band
Current Game: Folklore
Set up: 42" LG HDTV (Full 1080p) / 80g PS3 / JVC 5.1 (lol)
Message 11 of 41 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2878 posts

Jan 11, 2008

Chem1st wrote:

wunderkammer wrote:

Theirs a Challenge called Flawless i belive. You have to survive without dying once, its impossible unless you play search and destroy and your team was crazy ownage, otherwise you have to camp.

I got it in TDM, and I wasn't camping the whole time.
Message 12 of 41 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12414 posts

Jan 11, 2008

Chem1st wrote:

wunderkammer wrote:

It is very possible! I played Free for All, I was armed with claymores, R700 and the G36. When I ran out of ammo I picked up other guns. I was able to hear when people came up the stairs (after my claymores got me kills) The map was overgrown. I didn't die, once I came close but I had 20 kills with 0 deaths. That was today, before I did he same thing and I went 21-1 that was last weekend. So t is ery possible if you camp in a room/house and snipe people lol. Also in free for alls you rarely see good players. Here and there  see some good ones that give me a challenge but most of the time it's new gamers or people w/o mics who are lost.

If you're a good sniper then I suggest trying this on overgrown, its the house with a broken spot in the wall over looking a truck. On the opposite side of that is a window and through it you'll see another house which has a mounted machine gun.
Message 13 of 41 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1434 posts

Jan 11, 2008
I tried to camp in one of the floors in Bloc, I died in 5 minutes, i got angry cause i was half way their and i failed .
Message 14 of 41 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8040 posts

Jan 11, 2008

Chem1st wrote:

wunderkammer wrote:

I did it in a full length sabatoge match by run'n'gunin a little bit and camping from place to place.

Photobucket

.:\\Strength Beyond Strength//:.

Message 15 of 41 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5345 posts

Jan 11, 2008

Viper5602 wrote:
Dude, no one has been complaining about camping for the past month, just LMGs

Theres plenty of people that complain about camping they just don't make threads about cause it's not gonna do anything. Just like 357's LMG thread. Great thread but at the same time almost pointless. People arn't gonnna come on here and read "i hate campers" thread and think to themselves "o i shouldnt camp cause others don't like it". Not tryn to say you complain about camping or anything. (No sarcasm there)
Photobucket

Get Low...
Message 16 of 41 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45016 posts

Jan 11, 2008

GameKing92 wrote:
This thread is for the players who keep complaining about camping, to explain to them what it really is. If you think about it what is camping?  Finding a safe spot to stay with a  gun you're good at using, and trying to stay alive as long as you can to win the game for your team.  They're not noobs for camping they're smart gamers, and when whole teams camp it's called teamwork.  In real war you wouldn't run across a wide open field under attack, so why do it in the game?  If you were smart you'd keep safe to kill as much as possible and most importantly stay alive.  It's called STRATEGY. 

I agree completely, however when you do this on a respawn room, it makes so much less sence.

Message 17 of 41 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6686 posts

Jan 11, 2008
There are two ways to camp. One is strategic camping. This is where you camp to better protect objectives, create chokepoints or have an overall vantage point were you are actually taking down enemies. Then there is the bad way to camp.This is where you sit in a corner waiting for some hopeless Joe to run by you for one kill. You don't bother doing anything with objectives or even getting kills.

As for GameKing92 saying that "-in a real war you wouldn't run across a wide open field under attack". In a real war you wouldn't drop grenades after you die, get extra health, and respawn. This is far from a real war. And with that point out it's more strategic to get your seven kills. Get a helicopter, die and then get more kills with the help of your helicopter. Rinse and repeat.
Message 18 of 41 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20647 posts

Jan 11, 2008
It's almost impossible to camp in this game.  This game is too fast paced to be camping for long periods of time like in Socom.  Usually when someone camps, they are an easy kill.
Message 19 of 41 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Jan 11, 2008
actually i completed that challenge today and i did not camp at all i was surprised that i had 22kills and no deaths guess it was a good round ^^

Message 20 of 41 (14 Views)
0 Likes