Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 02 2013
By: iiAmSavage Lombax Warrior 169 posts

C4 not doing any damage.

6 replies 193 views Edited Mar 2, 2013

I'm a big C4 user. I was playing yesterday and died a lot of times by people that I should have killed with C4. This also happened prior to yesterday but it only got really obvious recently.

I catch someone, and toss the c4 at them and detonate. Sometime they are around a doorway/corner and the c4 lands behind them but still well within lethal range. However, sometimes when I detonate, which is usually promptly after tossing, it doesn't hurt them. I don't even get a hit marker sometimes. I look at the kill cam and you can see that they saw the c4 land right next to them and blow up, but they don't get damaged or even flinched. Most of these people didn't have flak jacket.

The class I use c4 the most with is:

Vector kid, silencer

No secondary

Ghost+LW

Scavenger

Engineer

2 c4's OR 1 c4, and the other replaced with Extreme Conditioning.

Sometimes I'll use both c4's on more than 1 person within range and they don't get hurt, and it just leaves me thinking, "what the hell is the issue?" I thought maybe it was the connection but the fact that it shows the c4 blowing up in the kill cam means that it's a problem with the game mechanics.

Does anyone else have this problem? I didn't have the problem with frags. I started using c4 only as lethals recently but I have enough experience with them to know what should be a kill. I also noticed that it happens with RPG as well, but the RPG is a pretty iffy weapon.

Message 1 of 7 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Re: C4 not doing any damage.

Mar 2, 2013
I do but with Semtex. Unless stuck to someone it "hurts" them. If it lands next to them, it ain't doing nothing...
Message 2 of 7 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Bump because this is an actual problem.
Message 3 of 7 (166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Mar 6, 2013

*sighes* Explosives do damage when they lean right next to them. They just don't die. If you don't get a hitmarker, then they are cheating, straight forward. They get blood on their screen, but they don't die.

Message 4 of 7 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Mar 6, 2013
They need to do more damage then.. I'm sorry bout an explosive being a claymore. Semtex,grenade... Landing a foot from someone... Should do more then HURT them!
Message 5 of 7 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Mar 6, 2013
Actually I think it might be a glitch because the C4 does land next to them but doesn't get a hitmarker within kill range. Someone on youtube also said that C4 has been glitchy recently.
Message 6 of 7 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Same thing happens to me. I'm also getting tired of tacticals killing me. One time i'm inside a building and some dude throws an emp grenade, bounces off the wall on the ouside, detonates, and IT KILLS ME!! **bleep**!? This happened to me like 5 times already and i'm already getting tired of it.

Message 7 of 7 (118 Views)
0 Likes