Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 27 2012
By: Maggot_feed First Son 3 posts

Black ops 2 Lag

[ Edited ]
15 replies 3551 views Edited Nov 27, 2012

This is a first for me so bare with me. Black Ops 2 for me has been amazing...When the *bleep* thing works! First day was amazing. After that everything went south. Its hit or miss on whether or not I manage to get into a game where lag isn't so *bleep* bad I come deadly close to a mass  murder spree. Is anyone experiencing this? If not can someone give me pointers on how to get a better connection or whatever? My internet isn't amazing. Im getting about 45-60 MBPS Download and a consistant 4MBPS upload. Not sure if either of those are good or suffient for online gaming, But either way MW3 was never this bad and I was playing it with nearly no lag or at least not bad enough that by the end of a game i was going 0-18. HELP!!!!!

Edit: profanity

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (3,551 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4421 posts

Re: Black ops 2 Lag

Nov 27, 2012

I don't have the game with me in the office today, so I don't know *exactly* where this option is in the menu, but...

You can choose from three filter settings when public matchmaking.  Essentially they are:

- find a game fast

- find a good connection, sort of fast

- wait to find a great connection.

I've had it set on the last one (whatever it's really called) recently, and I've been pretty happy with the results.  I tend to do a bit more of the "back out and in" to stop the "need more players to balance" loop.  But I'm happier with the connection of the matches I'm in.

Last night was an exception, though. I had a higher than usual rate of choppy hosts.  But after migrating hosts, those matches were very solid, and none of them had to end prematurely.

That said, I think that option has made a difference for me.  Hopefully someone can chime in with where this option is in the menu, as i've forgotten.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (3,532 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Yeah ive been playing around with em and so far im still getting garbage games. I selected best this morning and the game switched hosts four times in the first minute. Then when I checked the board two people on the enemy team had only one bar and four on mine had fluxing 2-3 bars. I set it to normal had one good game, after that the lag was so bad it was logging me out of PSN. MW3 was never this bad.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (3,522 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1645 posts

Nov 27, 2012
The lack of a "Local Only" matchmaking option and the freaking lag compensation is the problem.

SG-17SG-17
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (3,508 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Yeah really. I've done pretty much everything I can think of to try and make it bearable. Got a new router, upgraded my internet, put ps3 into dmz and dropped the firewall and everything I could potentially find on the internet. I do have a theory though. I experimented with switching the preference to normal, For an entire day and I actually had better games than I was keeping it on Best. My theory is, Since everyone is probably looking up solutions for the same problem and are getting told to switch preference to best maybe there's some type of overload or something that is screwing with the setting. IDK but until I see a video about the servers and connection issues and lag fix, im keeping my settings on regular it just seems to work better for the time being.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (3,231 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Dec 12, 2012

SG-17 wrote:
The lack of a "Local Only" matchmaking option and the freaking lag compensation is the problem.

this. i dunno why they changed their network code. or just copy mw3. i can see why they change it due to codtv, theatre, etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (3,225 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5202 posts

Dec 12, 2012
I remember in Black Ops and MW3 I was always playing with others in Texas. Maybe that is the issue now. I always get some kids/hillbillies/foreign people when I play now.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (3,213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Kelton_JB......Hillbillies in TEXAS??? YOUR thinkin of rednecks. Ya need HILLS to be a Hillbilly. Lol
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (2,662 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5202 posts

Jan 19, 2013

TwiztedRitual wrote:
Kelton_JB......Hillbillies in TEXAS??? YOUR thinkin of rednecks. Ya need HILLS to be a Hillbilly. Lol

Yea my bad I meant the rednecks with the heavy southern accent that are always drunk calling people kids because they get called out for playing like noobs

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (2,656 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5202 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Kelton_JB wrote:

TwiztedRitual wrote:

No I meant those are the people that show up in lobbies now as opposed to others in Texas. I used to see a lot of [HTX] [ATX] [DTX] clan tags and related area code emblems.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (2,655 Views)
0 Likes