First Son
2 posts

Re: Black Ops 2 makes ps3 unable to read disks

Jan 30, 2013
oh and i may add my system is like new have only had about a year. Bought brand new at gamestop.
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 61 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Much of this is misguided info. The only truth to any of this is that Black Ops 2 freezes. So does Skyrim. So did MW3....remember everyone getting the disc read error followed by blu ray failure. Fact is, if you don't take extraordinary care of your system, you'll be lucky to last a year. Dust, pet hair, smoke, lack of ventilation are all factors. 

It doesn't take 3 months to use Sony's repair service. I've done it 5 times and never waited over a week. If you are getting an error code before start up, the blu ray is probably fried. If you're under warranty, you should send it to Sony immediately. 

If you're out of warranty, go to youtube, search how to replace blu ray drive. It is very simple to replace, and will cost 40 - 60 bucks. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, you can still send it to Sony and they will fix it for $150. Good luck to all, I know it's frustrating, but this is the hot game and the hot game always gets blamed because EVERYONE is playing it when their PS3's die

~REVOLUTION_IS_MY_NAME~
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 61 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 31, 2013

my ps3's the same i can play multiplayer when i try zombies it freezes on the load up, sometimes i can get in the game do a few rounds then it freezes i restart ps3 do a system restore then i try n load the game and it won't load and freezes my ps3 is 4 months old so there's no way it can be broke theres a bug it's as simple as that i have other friends it is happening to. i was loading a zombies game me and my friend's ps3 froze the people we were in with didn't it's no good this like u pay 55 pound for a game which let u play multi but not zombies i was going 2 buy the season pass but not now till they get this sorted. i see people on saying your lens is broke well if thats the case how come ican play everyother game with no problems  this an issue with blkops2 if they don't sort this i want my money back 

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 61 (427 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

its ploy to people 2 buy a new console my friend has always had this problem, i have just stared get this im a ps3 tech there's nothing wrong with my ps3 it plays every other game exept blkops2 freezing on me on zombies but not multi 

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 61 (427 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

my friend's system did straight from the box n your mad gor buying more copy's lol

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 61 (425 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 6, 2013
Im having the same problem. Except all my other games work fine just when i put black ops 2 in and doesnt even pop up on the xmb. And the freezing and noise problem is constant in between the game not even appearing. Ive had to run the corrupt file thing at least 30 times. Its a nightmare. My game is in perfect condition so i dont understand. Anyway the guy that started this forum deserves some back up so here it is. If theres a solution let me know
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 61 (375 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 9, 2013
This seems to be a big problem among call of duty black ops 2 players on the ps3. Two of my friends have had this problem occur along with myself. Massive freezing, and pauses in the loading process.. And then boom! No more ps3.

Okay, so now my friends and I are conducting an investigation. We will each be using a brand new playstation 3 to find out if in fact it is black ops 2 responsible for the destruction of ps3's all over the world. So, look forward to see the outcome.

P.S And as you would imagine we are very angry at this current situation.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 61 (357 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 9, 2013
I have 2 ps3 that crapped the bed playing call of duty black ops 2 one was a 80gig and the other one is a 160gig slim anyone no why this game is killing systems let me know I bought a 500gig last month and it is now starting to act up and the only game my system seen is black ops 2
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 61 (352 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Feb 9, 2013

My playstation did the same thing I get black ops 2 for a gift and the unable to read disc keeps popping up its **bleep**. Now I can't even play any of my games now because of the screwed up bo2. It worked in the beginning but not now. What should I do now?? Hit me back if you know anything new on the problem. 

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 61 (348 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 9, 2013
Unfortunately he's right, the black ops 2 game was released a long time before they could fix all the bugs and glitches ( hundreds I might add ). The game simply corrupts systems. Although its possible this is what Sony asked them to do in order to get people to buy their systems more often. Either way fact still remains, more than 50% of people that play black ops 2 will at one point have their systems crash on them.
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 61 (348 Views)