Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
6 posts

Re: Anyone else feeling a little sad?

Nov 10, 2010

I love everyone talking about "skill" as if one game is designed for your true "inner marksman" while the other is strickly for the guy who is holding a game controller!  :- )  Makes me laugh!

The game stinks. No other way to say it. I know exactly what you mean when you say that "Treyarch feel to it". They are using current day technology in a mid-1990's wrapper. They really need to step it up in the graphics and sound department. Will not waste my money on another one of their game releases. Will wait for a used copy.

My issues with the game:

1) Poor graphics. Maps look like an old Doom game. Poor shadowing and lack a realistic appearance.

2) Sound. I couldn't figure out what the noise was when I was walking and running and I finally realized it was my footsteps. Really? Yikes!
C'mon! It is 2010. What about doing some sampling instead of studio created footsteps? Is that styrofoam you are crunching?

3) Horrible respawning! I respawned right in the middle of the opposing team (while they were respawning) no less than 6 times today. It was frustrating!

4) Game lag. Unloaded a whole clip into someone and he killed me instead with one shot. Watch the killcam and it didn't even show me shooting a single shot.

5) Overall feels very "dated". Kind of like a game that wants to be like COD, but just not there.

That's my two cents. I am sad. Sad and sorry that these gaming companies can pull out all of the stops promoting a game and then deliver a sub-par product. These guys need someone in the their art department that can show them how to design a quality game.

"Hey Treyarch, it's 2010 you putz!"

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Nov 10, 2010
Everyone needs to take this game for what it is and chill out for a few weeks until we get a few patches in. Sure there are gonna be campers and what not . Other have said it is now a player style not a gimmick or glitch , never was .The lag should be dealt with once they get a chance to upgrade them and patch it in etc. As far as the graphics , just live with them for know and hopefully they will be better in the next addition but I highly doubt it . I would rather have them be mid graphics and concentrate on game play . COD series is now should focus on MP and just be MP hell with the Solo campaign mode . No one is complaining about that from what I see so far after day one release. I think you all also need to take a dam chill pill and give this game some time for online use and weed out the good and horrible players . Jeez you all a bunch on whinny **bleep** around here .
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
639 posts

Nov 10, 2010

3D enough said. Best game ever.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1246 posts

Nov 10, 2010
I feel sad but because tomorrow is my birthday and im going to be 21 all my friends say that when your 21 all the years that now come go fast. and BOPS is a good game I feel happy for treyarch cheers.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Nov 10, 2010

Treyarch have never managed to beat IW at a CoD game, IW made CoD famous with MW you cant beat the original or a sequal once it goes to MW3 ect, its gone too far.

A bit like films 1 & 2 are good, the rest fail.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1246 posts

Nov 10, 2010
Black ops is a blast
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Nov 10, 2010

There is the same skill level in Black Ops as every other Call of duty game, which is zero. I can rack up kills just fine, but the game still isn't fun. This is the only CoD ever with a better campaign than Multiplayer.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1246 posts

Nov 10, 2010
I haven't played campaing and will be playing it on the near future but the ONLINE IS JUST AMAZING.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 10, 2010

I'm satisfied with Black Ops compared to MW2. My only real problem is the spawning, any time I'm playing with a host's terrible connection, and of course everyone whining about a game they spent a few hours playing.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Nov 10, 2010

Cowboy-Coley wrote:

I'm satisfied with Black Ops compared to MW2. My only real problem is the spawning, any time I'm playing with a host's terrible connection, and of course everyone whining about a game they spent a few hours playing.

Well if a game doesn't appeal to me the first time I play it, it's not a game I want to have.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes