Jan 27 2013
By: xX-_JOsHLaUZ_-Xx First Son 3 posts

All of my CoD games won't connect to match making servers? Anyone Help?

[ Edited ]
3 replies 272 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

All of my CoD games cannot connect to the servers. (MW,MW2,Mw3,WaW,BO) I can play on all my other games online and can sign in on playstation network. I have tried portfowarding all the CoD games but it still doesn't work. My router is a Belkin N+ wireless modem router Model : F5D8635 - 4 v1.  When i first bought Mw2 it didnt work, so my cousin had taught me how to portfoward. After that it was fine untill my dad swicthed packages with my broadband provider. He then resetted the router. Ever since then my CoD couldnt connect to the servers. I tried portfowarding again and it didnt work. I then asked my cousin to help me again and he couldn't seem to fix it either. He told me to reset the router again and swicth off all aplliances connecting to the router except my laptop which would be used to portfoward. I did this multiple times and it still doesnt work. (My ps3 is purchased from Hong Kong(80gb cermaic white model CECHL12 cw( 2nd gen i think, not the slim and not the first gen where u can play ps2 games on it) and I live in the UK) I can only connect to the router in a wired connection. I've tried wireless and it doesnt seem to work. I also noticed that on Mw2 and others that on splitscreen, as soon as i start a match it stays on the loading screen. It then says awaiting challenge...1 then 2,3,4 and carries on forever. This problem seems to go away when i go offline. My ps3 is fine when i move it to other people's houses and the CoD games work normally. 

Message 1 of 4 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Re: All of my CoD games won't connect to match making servers? Anyone Help?

Jan 27, 2013

more data is needed before this can be diagnosed properly.  I kid i kid.  but do a test connection on your playstation and tell us where it fails.  i am assuming it manages to get onilne if you can get to the loading screen... i would say it is the port forwarding if you can get the playstation online but cant play games.

if your router lets you just set the playstation into the DMZ zone of the router settings or what some routers call QoS this basically tells the router to set the playstation outside of the network into a firewall free zone.

but to determine if it is your router or your ISP try just hooking the playstation straight up to the cable modem with out going through the router.

Message 2 of 4 (248 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 27, 2013

hahah :smileyhappy: and yh ive already done the dmz thing :smileyhappy: i tried a few portfowarding checkers and it says that the port is still blocked? Im not sure if i know how to use the checker properly though. You just type in the TCP/UDP Inbound port number right? For the internet connection test nothing failed :smileyhappy: and ill hook my ps3 directly to the cable modem tomorrow as its a bit late now :smileytongue: Anyways thanks for the tips 

Message 3 of 4 (244 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 31, 2013

problem solved :smileyhappy: bought a new router! now i can play wirelessly aswell! 

Message 4 of 4 (216 Views)
0 Likes