Monster Hunter
43 posts

Re: ACR iz 4 teh nubz.

Dec 12, 2009
Seriously...what is the definition of a noob?  You have to be more than half the way to 70 to get the ACR, so you aren't a noob at that point...right?  I HATE the ACR, it takes way too many bullets to kill someone.  This gun was designed to have low recoil...that is the goal of most gun manufacturers...to reduce recoil.  This way, they can get more "noobs" to use them.  They are designed for accuracy.  The more bullets you can unload in an enemy without letting off the trigger, the better.  To the OP, if you feel this way, it was nice seeing you, don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out. 
username: olddubbs

KTHNXBYE
Message 41 of 65 (18 Views)
Fender Bender
4316 posts

Dec 12, 2009

Mr_Lovette wrote:

Blue_Zangetsu wrote:

PhatErn wrote:
No recoil at all with the ACOG or Thermal scope.  Enough said.

yea because the famas, m16, and the scar with their 1-2 hit kills aren't worse...especially the scar with a silencer

m16? I'm lucky to kill someone with one burst and all three bullets hitting them....

Goes the same way for me, Lovette, but I think that's mostly latency and connection issues to blame.  Looks like my M16 burst hit (hit indicator says it did) but they're still running along merrily.  I even threw Stopping Power on, which helped, but it still wasn't as deadly as I thought it was going to be and wasn't very reliable (sometimes it'd take them down, sometimes it wouldn't).

Still, I get "one shot" with the M16 all the time, where it appears they fired one short 1-2 shot burst and I go down.  Drives me crazy.  The M16 and the 1887 are far more annoying, for me, than the ACR ever will be.

Message Edited by Vanthem on 12-11-2009 07:04 PM
----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 42 of 65 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Dec 12, 2009
You don't like the gun that is killing you.... Get better! If you don't like that... Go play  Go Go Barbie!

http://thechefclan.proboards.com

Message 43 of 65 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
900 posts

Dec 13, 2009
Aww so I'm the noob huh because I have to actually aim?  And all I did in this thread was point something out, a fact, that most noobs can't aim and the ACR allows them to get some kills because they don't have to worry about recoil at all.  Don't you think a gun with no recoil is more noob friendly or designed towards someone who can't aim?  Sounds like I've upset a few of you who use it religiously. 
If you think Black Ops is too hard, why don't you just go back to MW2 where the game just hands you kills?
Message 44 of 65 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11018 posts

Dec 13, 2009

PhatErn wrote:
Aww so I'm the noob huh because I have to actually aim?  And all I did in this thread was point something out, a fact, that most noobs can't aim and the ACR allows them to get some kills because they don't have to worry about recoil at all.  Don't you think a gun with no recoil is more noob friendly or designed towards someone who can't aim?  Sounds like I've upset a few of you who use it religiously. 

So you're saying you're the smart one because you're choosing to use a weapon that forces you to work harder for your kills?

I think you have it backwards. 

Message 45 of 65 (18 Views)
Splicer
85 posts

Dec 13, 2009

PhatErn wrote:

Don't you think that a gun with no/little recoil (ACR, my gun of choice) might take more skill to aim due to the fact that it doesn't move at all to lock onto the enemy?

Where ever I place the holographic sight is what I hit. No gun is a noob gun, get over it.

0 Likes
Wastelander
900 posts

Dec 13, 2009

X-Frame wrote:

PhatErn wrote:

So you're saying you're the smart one because you're choosing to use a weapon that forces you to work harder for your kills?

I think you have it backwards. 

Never said I was the smart one.  Only that I'm the more skilled one.

If you think Black Ops is too hard, why don't you just go back to MW2 where the game just hands you kills?
Message 47 of 65 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
900 posts

Dec 13, 2009

UnsilentMajority wrote:

PhatErn wrote:

Don't you think that a gun with no/little recoil (ACR, my gun of choice) might take more skill to aim due to the fact that it doesn't move at all to lock onto the enemy?

Where ever I place the holographic sight is what I hit. No gun is a noob gun, get over it.

What are you even talking about?  How does it take more skill because it doesn't move to lock on?  What guns move to lock on?  I know all guns move towards and enemy that runs in your sights due to the aim assist.  And yes it is a noob gun.  I'm not complaining about it, I don't use it because I'm not a noob, just stating the facts.

Message 48 of 65 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1580 posts

Dec 13, 2009
They made the gun weak. So you have to use stopping power on it. You basically have to waste a perk on using that gun. Or run around with a weak ass gun, that takes like 4 chest shots to kill, instead of 2-3.
------------

COD:BLACK OPS = 15% luck ... 15% skill ... 70% connection to host.
Message 49 of 65 (18 Views)
Splicer
85 posts

Dec 13, 2009

PhatErn wrote:

UnsilentMajority wrote:

PhatErn wrote:

What are you even talking about?  How does it take more skill because it doesn't move to lock on?  What guns move to lock on?  I know all guns move towards and enemy that runs in your sights due to the aim assist.  And yes it is a noob gun.  I'm not complaining about it, I don't use it because I'm not a noob, just stating the facts.

Just stating facts??? How does your opinion magically become a fact??? Maybe I should start a thread crying about your precious overpowered TAR... But i'm not gonna, because it's a gun...in a videogame.

0 Likes