I Only Post Everything
1075 posts

Re: Will there be any more Burnout games in the upcoming future?

Feb 10, 2010

MercuryPDX wrote:
Honestly? I'd be happy if they just continued to build out the world and add new game modes and vehicles.

Building on what they got now won't be a bad idea. A mode where three or more human players have a contest to see who can crash a certain number of computer vechicles would be nice basically a offline road rage from Revenge that is made online with more people.

X-zero's Anime List
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 28 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Feb 10, 2010
It should be like legands but with free roam
The dying art of clean racing.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 28 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Feb 12, 2010

MercuryPDX wrote:
Honestly? I'd be happy if they just continued to build out the world and add new game modes and vehicles.

thats what I was thinking...

it would be a quicker yrn round time to keep the main maps the core of the game and add additional maps such as with "Big Surf Isle" then drop those future maps more often rather then to start anew

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 28 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Feb 16, 2010

I hope so; but I hope that whatever is next is more like Burnout 3 or Revenge. 

The last couple of Burnout games were really disappointing when you compare them to these earlier titles.

We need crash junctions again.

Or maybe the series just peaked there.

Someone should pick up the torch though: puzzles where you plow your car into an intersection trying to cause as much damage as possible. Why did they ever give that up? It’s brilliant and it set them apart from every other racing game out there.

Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 28 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Feb 17, 2010

savethezombies wrote:

We need crash junctions again.

I would love to see that come back. It was fun for multiplayer.
MercuryPDX
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 28 (463 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1315 posts

Feb 20, 2010

savethezombies wrote:

I hope so

CG confirmed they are done with BP. 

Logo

^^Click Me!
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 28 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Mar 22, 2010

Saya-Sakura wrote:

savethezombies wrote:

I hope so

CG confirmed they are done with BP. 

Good.

Hopefully the next one they make will live up to the Burnout name.

Still, it's too bad that with all the crap they added, that they never added Crash Junctions. 

Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 28 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1498 posts

Mar 23, 2010

Crash mode is one of the most worst game modes burnout has ever come up with. It's worse than Stunt Run, because things have to be planned and some vehicles cannot be hit if you choose to hit these other cars, just because of the way it's laid out. The vehicle come in on cue.

I'm glad they did away with it in Paradise because it would not fit with the free roam concept.

If it's a high user demand, I suggest it be in a completely different mode, like how you start off the game and it asks you if you want to head to paradise city, BSI, start a party or go to the store. I recommend it be in its own section and not part of completing it as a part of the main course of the game. Crash modes took long to load and often times retrying will occur in the harder junctions.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 28 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Mar 23, 2010

AOS- wrote:

Crash mode is one of the most worst game modes burnout has ever come up with. It's worse than Stunt Run, because things have to be planned and some vehicles cannot be hit if you choose to hit these other cars, just because of the way it's laid out. The vehicle come in on cue.

I'm glad they did away with it in Paradise because it would not fit with the free roam concept.

If it's a high user demand, I suggest it be in a completely different mode, like how you start off the game and it asks you if you want to head to paradise city, BSI, start a party or go to the store. I recommend it be in its own section and not part of completing it as a part of the main course of the game. Crash modes took long to load and often times retrying will occur in the harder junctions.

You kidding rght? Crash mode in Burnout 2 and 3 were great especially in multiplayer. I didn't like it in revenge because they made it too complicated for my taste. Actually it'll work well with the free roam since they've managed to add on the marked man, stunt run, road rage, and cops and robbers in downloads on BP. I would like to see them bring back the circuit racing since that's pretty much all I did in Burnout 2, 3, and revenge.

Self entitlement is bad for your health.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 28 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1498 posts

Mar 23, 2010

Close Circuit means playing the game through the old style...

I never was a big fan of having to sit through each of the welcome intros for every car earned.. Having to shutdown cars randomly appearing while playing was way more exciting because now you get to smash it to consider it yours.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 28 (463 Views)
0 Likes