Oct 21 2009
By: Kellog_G8 Uncharted Territory 1844 posts

Starting a game over to recuperate trophys?

5 replies 21 views Edited Oct 21, 2009

Hi there, I have been playing Burnout Paradise for about 3 weeks now and I have gotten 50% trophy's so far but I am missing 5 trophies because I got them before the trophy patch was released

I heard that you could save your game into a USB stick and then restart the game to get those trophies I got too early. If this is true can come someone tell me how? Like what do I delete? My entire game or just may saved data utility? Then I can just continue like nothing happened once I re-download my saved data, correct? With those 5 trophies and all my cars intact?  

Thanks in advance for any help :smileyhappy: 

Message 1 of 6 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1447 posts

Re: Starting a game over to recuperate trophys?

Oct 21, 2009

ok first thing, go into your game and manually save with the save function in the options menu.

next you quit the game and insert some sort of storage device into the usb drive (flash drive, thumb drive, external HDD, iPod, etc. etc.) and then go into your save data folder and copy the burnout paradise file to the usb device. it should be the very first file because you just saved it.

once you have it backed up, delete the original file from your PS3 and remove the usb device. Start up Burnout Paradise and get those first few trophies and then quit the game. Just to make sure the trophies stick, go to trophies and press triangle to get the option to sync with server and do so.

once all that is done, erase the new game save from the save data folder, put your usb device back in, then select the usb device from the top of the list. it will show your old game save and just hit triangle and select copy. put it on your ps3 and you're all done. you will have all trophies earned thus far, including the few you  just got, and carry on where you left off 

Message 2 of 6 (21 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Oct 22, 2009

MaximusR3 wrote:

ok first thing, go into your game and manually save with the save function in the options menu.

next you quit the game and insert some sort of storage device into the usb drive (flash drive, thumb drive, external HDD, iPod, etc. etc.) and then go into your save data folder and copy the burnout paradise file to the usb device. it should be the very first file because you just saved it.

once you have it backed up, delete the original file from your PS3 and remove the usb device. Start up Burnout Paradise and get those first few trophies and then quit the game. Just to make sure the trophies stick, go to trophies and press triangle to get the option to sync with server and do so.

once all that is done, erase the new game save from the save data folder, put your usb device back in, then select the usb device from the top of the list. it will show your old game save and just hit triangle and select copy. put it on your ps3 and you're all done. you will have all trophies earned thus far, including the few you  just got, and carry on where you left off 

Thanks this is just what I was looking for Although I am a bit confused must I delete both my burnout paradise "Saved data utility" & my "Game data utility"? Or just one of them?

Message 3 of 6 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1447 posts

Oct 22, 2009
just the save data, leave the game data alone or you'll have to redownload all 7 (i think it's 7 now) patches and updates
Message 4 of 6 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Oct 22, 2009

MaximusR3 wrote:
just the save data, leave the game data alone or you'll have to redownload all 7 (i think it's 7 now) patches and updates
Sweet too late. Wow...just wow.

Message 5 of 6 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Oct 22, 2009

Kellog_G8 wrote:

MaximusR3 wrote:
Sweet too late. Wow...just wow.

NVM I didn't have to re-update all I did was download my 5 vehicles that I had bought Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 6 (21 Views)
0 Likes