Jun 25 2010
By: AOS- Uncharted Territory 1498 posts

Friendly Freeburn Friday Nights GMT-5: MARKED MAN

165 replies 34 views Edited Jun 25, 2010

Every Fridays @ 8:00pm-10:00pm, GMT - 5

JUNE 25: Play Marked Man like you did Offline, but Online!

This Topic has been revamped due to the metagame of the Burnout Forum on PS Forums.

From now on, this topic will be a place of Discussion regarding anything that involves people, and Freeburn Online...

A Social Topic, if you will.

Newcomer to Burnout? This is a good place to check up on once in a while.

Old Timer or someone who loves playing this game even though they got nothing else to do? Come on in.

Need Help with Challenges? Drop a message.

Want to chill with buddies you didn't just randomly meet online? This is the place to discuss it, (should anyway)

TIMEZONES

Don't know you timezones, or what GMT is exactly? Try this link and find out what time is it at your place, when it is 20:00-22:00 at Toronto, Canada.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

TEXT CHAT/ MISC COMMUNICATION.

I myself have a Keyboard hooked up to my ps3, so whenever you join me I will invite you to a text chat to keep some level of communication amongst everyone. If you got a mic, go ahead and plug it in, but I don't guarantee I will understand everything clearly. Use this for talk otherwise.. I will be asking if anyone wants to do anything specific once in a hile and anyone is welcome to propose a new thing to do. I will also randomly propose very specific events (see user-generated events below) that I expect 80% of the group to respond to in order to avoid the "I didn't want to do this" excuses and whining.

MAIN COURSE OF THIS TOPIC

I try to host freeburn every friday nights, if you had an idea to do something, drop a reply. I will most likely accept whatever request it is (wheter some freeburn challenges, races, looking for billboards, etc).

By default I will run Races or Cops and Robbers every so often, but other than that, Freeburn challenges. I'm making slow progression to complete all 500 challenges. Remember I'm open to new ideas, if you want to do Stunt Run or Road Rage or something, let me know.

note (posted march 30th, 2010): If you find me parked in between cars, or in a parking spot in the car park, I'm doing "my own thing". And what "my own thing" includes:

-Creating custom checkpoint races that will be laid out to form a kind of circuit, to promote some circuit racing rather than start to finish. Thanks for the idea Saya-Sakura.

-a state of BRB (be right back), I'm sure people know what that means, usually a washroom break.

If you smash into me while im in this parked idle state, I deem you to be a fool! for hurting my defencelss and innocent ride, I won't kick you or seek revenge, but I don't appreciate it

USER-GENERATED EVENTS, where your creativity comes to life

Have an idea to do something wacky or fun or cool or plain out stupid, but funny? Post it up and I'll update this list frequently as I am notified if someone replies to this topic. Some of the ideas may be flawed, so bring it up for discussion if you wish to improve it.

RACES

-Toy Races:

Toys only, Boost Limit defaulted to 5, which excludes only the Toy Nighthawk (Boost Limit is debatable).

-Heavyweights:

Can only race with the listed vehicles (includes BR version): Carson Inferno Van, Hunter Takedown 4x4, Hunter Olympus, Hunter Olympus Governor.

-Peoples' Choice:

If agreed upon by everyone to use a specific car only, everyone will pick this car, choose their colour and have a fair race

NOTE: Failing to follow along results in me picking a regular and will make it my duty to shove you around especially so that you will not win (despite how much I suck at tackling people online). for everyone else who is playing the special-race, go no and ignore this fool(s).

Suggest Something here!

FREEBURN ONLINE (note: most REQUIRE FULL COOPERATION AND FAIR HONEST PLAY from everyone)

-MOMM (Manually Organized Marked Man):

The purpose of organizing it ourselves besides letting the game do it via the actual Marked Man event, is because these are very specific and lightens up on its concept (i.e. crashing on your own = lose, or running on a short timer or limiting boost).

As a group we can decide what we want to do here. We nominate someone to be marked man, decided and then here an example of what we can do:

~~Marked Person drives a Heavy vehicle of their choice (i.e. Olympus or Inferno Van), while everyone else drives a Toy of their choice. all toys versus 1 Massive Vehicle. Everyone groups together (MM and toys). Once settled, MM has 10 seconds to start moving, and afterwards the toy are on the loose to batter the Big one. Game is over when MM is taken down 3 times, MM crashing on their own won't count as a take down. Cheating can't occur because everyone will know if MM is taken down as the game will tell you so. Additionally, if everyone gives up, say so in the text chat, so a game wont play on forever. Some other rules, MM cannot swap cars once a game has started (i.e. driving into the junkyard), will count as cheating. The rest may swap cars, but only for another toy. If you see someone driving a non-toy, report it via text chat.

-RACE AT THE STOCK CAR RACE TRACK (located just off of Lone Stallion Ranch):

Requires at least one person play as the referee. This person will observe who finishs first after a set number of laps. The number of laps is discussable. I believe the ref should be a Toy or PCPD, anything with a horn. Any competitors will put themselves behind the edge of where the bridge starts. Once everyone is set, the ref will blow on their horn and that'll mark the start of the race***, Ref will refer to the map to see who is in first place and all. Once the first place car crosses the line (the edge where the bridge starts), ref will hold the horn, or ring the sirens to indicate that the race is over. We could mix it up and have some cars going one direction and some others going the other way for head on carnage!

Anyone wanting to change their cars betwen races, there is a junkyard that is just on the street north of the Quarry.

This idea is flawed in that the judgement is made based what one person sees, there's the issue of lag and such that may affect who the winner is accordingly to one player, the ref.

***To make sure everyone is ready, if the ref picks a toy they'll do a 3 second countdown using the horn (click on it to not confuse with "go"). On "Go", they will hold the horn for about 4 seconds to eliminate confusion. if the ref picks PCPD, they will turn on the siren to issue the "ready?". To issue the "start", they will hold L3 to change the siren (not turn it off). Just make sure to sure it off once people have started driving.

Suggest Something here!

MARKED MAN

Be The First to Suggest Something here!

ROAD RAGE

THE REAL COPS AND ROBBERS!

-where players aren't mindlesly chasing after gold, where Robbers actually try to get away from the Blues and the Blues try to delivery Justice! Team Blue plays the Cops and Team Red plays the Robbers.

-Everyone first meets up at some intersection, host runs a road rage. Once the teams have been established, robbers quickly flee the scene. -Once any of the robbers drove far enough, the cops and now proceed to hunt them down.

-Like how regular Road Rage plays, anyone who is taken down will have a gray user name indicating they have been eliminated.

-If all the Robbers are eliminated, Cops win, and vice-versa.

-During their escape, Robbers can choose to stay as a pack to be able to fend off the cops better as a team, or they can split up to split up the cops. There are different strategies to how the robbers play out their plan.

STUNT RUN

OTHERS

If anyone refuses to listen and play fairly I will automatically stop the event an issue a warning. If abuse is done again, I pull out the boot. So if we did a Toy Race (for example), and you decided not to pick a toy. Race cancelled, warning/kick. you've been warned!

Either than that, feel free to drop a comment on the new idea of this Hangout Idea.

Oh if you know some people who play Burnout, spread the word of this if they use the net often, please I sound like a crusade lol "Have you heard about the Epicness of Freeburn? Promises of a good afterlife should you participate every friday" no offence to any super religious people.

Message 159 of 166 (34 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Re: Need a few extra people to finish off challenges?

Feb 23, 2010
Add me to "the list"...  I'm always up for challenges and am pretty close to finishing my 500 challenges and need to do all 10 of my Big Surf Island challenges.
Message 1 of 166 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1498 posts

Feb 23, 2010
sweet will do so some time this week
Message 2 of 166 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Feb 24, 2010
i platinumed this, now i want the p12 diamond. im on thursday after 3:00
Message 3 of 166 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
601 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Count me in!!

Message 4 of 166 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1498 posts

Feb 24, 2010

nice stuff I will add you peeps.

Grenadyr and I had a fun game of Cops n Robbers last night, too bad it was 1 vs 1 only, I psyched this guy out with fake turns and random detours because I got no backup and he was able to drive faster.

I'm going to host another Cops n Robbers session friday evening.   

Message 5 of 166 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1498 posts

Feb 26, 2010

just a reminder a game will be on tonight. We may or may not do CnR only I might host races and freeburn challenges.

I suggest everyone who is on to accept the text chat I'll be making soon. This will make communication a LOT easier.

Message 6 of 166 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1498 posts

good game, hkyluver and ruwR.

Feb 27, 2010

Last night's game was fun. Too bad SterlingCrazy left.

A 2v1 game of CnR took place. AOS- VS. ruwR & hkyluver. 

I was terrible with the oval champ at low speeds. But for the most part I really enjoyed hiding around corners and elevated locations like the car park. Reason being is that it's a confusing trap if you don't kno which level i'm on. the nav doesn't tell you which floor im on. The two drove past me and I dipped, leaving the 2 robbers ensnared in the complexity of the car park. Hiding around that corner of the alternate path, totally worked on ruwR. I stayed on te inside of the path so he could not see me, he zipped me scraping the outside wall and then I dipped hehehe.

When I had a 1v1 game with ruwR, he was using a GT concept PCPD while I was using a P12 robber. He was about to take his winning point until I was able to knock him out JUST before he reach his goal despite him having the much heavier car.

Marked man... no comment i never tried that or stunt run so it was a first for me. Whatever.

If SterlingCrazy didn't leave, we would have had a more fun CnR experience.

Anyway If I'm not occupied with a visitor tonight, i'll be on again, this time i'll do a couple challenges, then I'll do a race or two.

If you want to join, you know what to do. I'll see you on the playing field.

Message 7 of 166 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Hey, sorry AOS-,

Feb 28, 2010

sorry, my ps3 froze and all my friends got deleted. hey, anyone have a mic?

Message 8 of 166 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1498 posts

It's okay.

Mar 1, 2010

that sucks. No i dont got a mic or headset made specifically for the ps3. I do have a Rock Band 2 Mic I bought when I had the Wii. I'm going to see if that works sometime later.

Also,a change I made. I will no longer be hosting games every saturday or sunday as no one even goes on. I might go on but may or may not be on freeburn. I'm only dedicated to hosting games now on friday evenings only. See my Sig Img?

Message 9 of 166 (34 Views)
0 Likes