Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/06/2008
Offline
7794 posts
 

Re: Did not recieve platinum trophy

Oct 2, 2008
you need the mugshot trophy to get the platinum one
Message 11 of 23 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 10/14/2007
Offline
12787 posts
 

Re: Did not recieve platinum trophy

Oct 2, 2008

A few have "claimed" they got the Plat trophy without the mugshot, this is why a few are thinking they don't need it either

 

It's a shame that people post information that is false

 

As the Plat trophy implies, all trophies must be earned to be awarded with special reward

Message 12 of 23 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/25/2009
Offline
46 posts
 

Re: Did not recieve platinum trophy

Apr 13, 2009
This Trophy is pure BS.  Not everyone has an eye toy/PS3 Compatible usb camera and a lot of us don't want to buy a $40 eye toy for a trophy to get their platinum.  I mean why would I want to send a picture of myself to a complete random stranger?
truedge67
Message 13 of 23 (0 Views)
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/14/2009
Offline
3465 posts
 

Re: Did not recieve platinum trophy

Apr 13, 2009
Just get a $5 Eye Toy from Gamestop get the trophy then take the Eye Toy back to Gamestop & say you didn't like it. Simple.
Message 14 of 23 (0 Views)
Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/14/2008
Offline
1267 posts
 

Re: Did not recieve platinum trophy

Apr 13, 2009

Is it common for gamestops to have many eye toys?  I looked on there website and nothing came up. It seems hard to believe that the majority of gamestops would still have eye toys in abundance.

 

Message 15 of 23 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/25/2007
Offline
2636 posts
 

Re: Did not recieve platinum trophy

Apr 13, 2009

choochie49 wrote:

A few have "claimed" they got the Plat trophy without the mugshot, this is why a few are thinking they don't need it either

 

It's a shame that people post information that is false

 

As the Plat trophy implies, all trophies must be earned to be awarded with special reward


Maybe it was a glitch. A friend of mine and I was trying to get the 10 Timed Challenge Trophy, then when he invited me, he goted the Invite a friend and platinum trophy, and he didn't had the timed challenge trophy but he had the mugshot one.

 

I sure wish the glitch happened to me, I just got the 10 Timed Challenges JUST NOW but didn't get Plat cuz I need to get the mugshot trophy. And I won't spend money on one trophy. Maybe I can find a USB Camera lying around somewhere...

Message 16 of 23 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/30/2008
Offline
140 posts
 

Re: Did not recieve platinum trophy

Apr 14, 2009

Can this work with a USB compatible camera? If so, I would assume that would be the easiest way for most people. I am pretty sure my wife's Nikon came with a USB cable.

Message Edited by ChrisMilenko on 04-14-2009 11:58 AM
PSN: ChrisMilenko
360 Gamertag: warpedsoul2004
Message 17 of 23 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/04/2009
Offline
163 posts
 

Re: Did not recieve platinum trophy

Apr 14, 2009
I have to agree with trueedge, having to go out a buy a ps eyetoy just for a damn trophy is pure BS. Criterion Games need to take into consideration that not everyone has a ps eyetoy. I'm pissed off ill not be able to get the platinum
cys9316
Message 18 of 23 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/14/2008
Offline
1267 posts
 

Re: Did not recieve platinum trophy

Apr 15, 2009

cys9316 wrote:
I have to agree with trueedge, having to go out a buy a ps eyetoy just for a damn trophy is pure BS. Criterion Games need to take into consideration that not everyone has a ps eyetoy. I'm pissed off ill not be able to get the platinum

 

I Agree as well, but while it is crappy, they are a business and are working under SONY who is trying to push sales of their accessories so maybe SONY gave them some incentive to implement this feature and require it for a trophy.

 

I'm not defending, I'm just trying to put some logic behind it.

 

However, aside from the negative feelings I have towards this issue, I think criterion has really catered to their fanbase and been great developers in a time when most developers could care less about their customers.

 

 

Message 19 of 23 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/13/2007
Offline
1902 posts
 

Re: Did not recieve platinum trophy

Apr 16, 2009

Trey630 wrote:

choochie49 wrote:

A few have "claimed" they got the Plat trophy without the mugshot, this is why a few are thinking they don't need it either

 

It's a shame that people post information that is false

 

As the Plat trophy implies, all trophies must be earned to be awarded with special reward


Maybe it was a glitch. A friend of mine and I was trying to get the 10 Timed Challenge Trophy, then when he invited me, he goted the Invite a friend and platinum trophy, and he didn't had the timed challenge trophy but he had the mugshot one.

 

I sure wish the glitch happened to me, I just got the 10 Timed Challenges JUST NOW but didn't get Plat cuz I need to get the mugshot trophy. And I won't spend money on one trophy. Maybe I can find a USB Camera lying around somewhere...


No, you can't glitch a platinum trophy and your friend didn't get it through a glitch. You do not need the timed challenges trophy for platinum as the timed challenges were added months after the game was released. The mugshot feature howeve was there from the start so you do need it. Most usb webcams will work, if no drivers are needed for it. The PS2 eyetoy works great for this. Noone is forcing you to get this trophy or spend any money, so stop complaining about it, nothing is going to change by people being whiny little **bleep**es. 

Photobucket
Message 20 of 23 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes