Jul 22 2011
By: deadkyo Sackboy 522 posts

Being accused of hacking the game?

4 replies 702 views Edited Jul 22, 2011

Hello, my brother recently created his own account and started playing burnout.  He just told me that someone is accusing him of hacking a the game and deleted all their data in the process.  He doesn't want to cause a big deal out of it, but I just can't stand when someone is making such false claims.  That led me here to ask you on his behalf.

The one that initially started telling him yesterday starting the accusation.  Today he received a message saying they received 56 reports against him and have confirmed it themselves by checking the burnout servers.  They also said that my PS3 console, associated accounts, and IP address will be banned.

I know this can't be true as my brother knows nothing about hacking.

So, what can we do now?  I don't know what else to do other than asking here.

EDIT:

When my brother started up the game again, all his progress was reset and now he has to start over again from the beginning.  I'm starting to think that the thing about someone hacking the game may be true, but they went after the wrong person.  Any help/information in these matters would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (702 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Re: Being accused of hacking the game?

Jul 22, 2011

I think posting names is against the forum rules, but those guys sound like online bullies. If you have to report someone, then use the complaint form. See http://np.us.playstation.com/.

Your brother should change his PlayStation ID password and make backups of his save data.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (702 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 16, 2012

ive been running into alot of ppl who mod there cars to have invincibility to everything else on burnout paradise im sick and tired of it sony need to hop of there buns and start banning ppl as soon as possible

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (702 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 16, 2012

ive been running into alot of ppl who mod there cars to have invincibility to everything else on burnout paradise im sick and tired of it sony need to hop of there buns and start banning ppl as soon as possible

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (702 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

May 16, 2012

report it to sony, then check all cpu network connections.  if you run a router make sure that you are not on an open network, if you are then change your settings and make your net private.  check your cpu's if any and make sure they are all password protected,  also change all your passwords, yours and his and make sure that no-one has access to your accounts or private info. once you do this you'll have to start from scratch and just watch all your account info for further problems.  i got hacked a few years back the person who did it had control of my cpu for months before i figured out what was going on it'a pain to deal with but if you contact sony they will be more that helpfull i'm sure,  microsoft helped me with my cpu,  so i'm guessing since its a ps3 it should be sony's baby and they would help out.  also be advised if you contact sony and they do help and they find you guilty of hacking who knows what they might do.  hacking is illegal and sony has all new policies for those that hack re:your online service agreement.  so just be aware if you are hacking shame! and if your not i hope this onfo helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (702 Views)
0 Likes