Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 30 2012
By: moblesuit75 PlayStation MVP 4420 posts
Accepted Solution

Why Have RULES?

28 replies 236 views Edited Sep 30, 2012

I am often dismayed when browsing servers to see RULES.   For the life of me, I do not understand why certain admins feel the need to subject players to abstract rules.  

One particular server had only one rule; No Semi Auto Sniper Rifles, Bolt Action Only.

Ok, first, I think there are only three out of all the sniper rifles that are semi-auto.  Please feel free to correct me on that.  Second, what difference does that make, when players are allowed to use the attack helicopter with MISSILES!!!!  People are still allowed to use MORTARS!!!

I think, as in most real war situations, anything should go.  These admins lure players with the perk of 400% tickets, then limit the game's parameters to fit their skill set.  While that is their right, it is still ridiculous.  

Why not have a Knife only rule, and put it on the largest map in the game?  Actually, if you know of server like that, let me know.  That might actually be cool.

I digress.  What ridiculous rules have you stumbled upon in the BF3 Servers?  What servers kick the most people, for ridiculous reasons?  Have you got banned for something silly?

Moble

Message 1 of 29 (236 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2333 posts

Re: Why Have RULES?

Sep 30, 2012
To be honest, I have always avoided those servers. Most servers get away with such silly rules and strict admins that kick/ban for no reason. So, I haven't been kicked in ages because I avoid those servers. Instead I use DICE servers, servers that have no rules, or those that I have never had a problem before. I guess I've been lucky to hardly find any servers with ridiculous rules in a while.
mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Message 2 of 29 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Sep 30, 2012
I just ignore the rules and don't get kicked/banned/warned, usually because the admin(s) aren't in the server. Now, I've been avoiding clans' servers, since they seem to be more strict, have more admins, and I don't want to get base rapped when they stack their teams so all their clan mates are on one team.

I agree that rules restricting certain weapons are ludicrous, but restricting behaviors are [usually] OK–ergo jet ramming and stealing vehicles from Deployment (unless the other team has already done it to you).
BF3 Stats
Message 3 of 29 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Sep 30, 2012
The server I play on prohibits spawn camping, stealing vehicles from deployment, jet ramming. It's fun.

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 4 of 29 (221 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I have been in situations where I have just been kicked from a map, for no reason.  Come to think of it now, the server did associate itself with a clan name.  I will try to stick to the DICE servers then.  The setback to that, is the scenario I outlined; 400% tickets is tempting.

My follow up question is; do you get to keep accrued points if you are kicked, or do you lose them completely?

Moble

Message 5 of 29 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Oct 1, 2012
If at anytime you disconnect from a game (kick, lose connection, et cetera), all your points, kills, deaths and stuff will be kept, UNLESS you rejoin the server. If you rejoin the server, you lose everything you had. If you don't rejoin, you keep everything.

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 6 of 29 (206 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

Oct 2, 2012

TKearney9 wrote:
If at anytime you disconnect from a game (kick, lose connection, et cetera), all your points, kills, deaths and stuff will be kept, UNLESS you rejoin the server. If you rejoin the server, you lose everything you had. If you don't rejoin, you keep everything.

This is good to know.  So I will not try to rejoin the server.  

It has happened, getting kicked that is, at the very end of a round on a 400% ticket server.  Imagine my anger, when after about 45 minutes of playing, accruing and gaining experience, I get kicked for no reason with mere seconds left.

Now I know not to try and rejoin.  Thank you TKearny9

Moble

Message 7 of 29 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3029 posts

Oct 3, 2012

@ OP

My first kick/ban was on Caspian as the U.S. Team.

I noticed in the loading screen that the Banner said NO DEPLOYMENT AA.

I'm thinking to myself... Why? It's not like it's mobile... it exists to prevent fking base rape.

I spawn, and GUESS WHAT? Russian team was base raping, with ALL of their air support. I spawned as a support, and i saw an engie with a stinger shooting at the jets. i gave him some ammo, but he just ... kept moving away from it. Then eventually a jet took a swoop down at him, then me. Then the engie runs away, and another swoop attack on me. 

Now im **bleep**, i hop in our base AA and sit on it. I'm shooting at every mother fker i can see.

i dont kill anyone.... not even a disable, but the enemy team getting shot at by the AA made them leave our air space at the least.

then some **bleep** flies up with the flying bus called the HAVOC, and he was dumb enough to fly straight at me, needless to say i blew his **bleep** sky high.

10 seconds later im kicked :smileyfrustrated:

Message 8 of 29 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Oct 3, 2012
Most of the rules are never followed. Just go to a Metro 24/7 game for example. Most say NO SPAWN TRAPPING & NO WALL GLITCH. As soon as the loadout pops up you see that your team is being spawn trapped & if you guys make it to B, there's 4 or 5 enemies in the ceiling.
Message 9 of 29 (176 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Shieldwolf407 wrote:
Most of the rules are never followed. Just go to a Metro 24/7 game for example. Most say NO SPAWN TRAPPING & NO WALL GLITCH. As soon as the loadout pops up you see that your team is being spawn trapped & if you guys make it to B, there's 4 or 5 enemies in the ceiling.

I avoid Metro, it is horrible.  If a team has the whit to take the narrow hall in the middle of the map, there is no getting past it.  Not to mention the glitching.  It is a shame, the map would be great to play if it did not have these flaws.

I have noticed most servers with rules, benefit the clans or admin's team.  It is extremely hypocritical to create rules to create an advantage, an kick people who figure that out.  The best, and most obvious advice I have received so far, is just to avoid the servers with rules.  If enough people avoid or boycott them, then they will eventually lose their spot.

If you know of any servers, by name, that have crap rules, by all means post the names here. Happy gaming everyone.

Moble

Message 10 of 29 (171 Views)
0 Likes