Nov 24 2011
By: lancelot622 First Son 1 posts

Technical problems with Battlefield 3 on my PS3, please help!

23 replies 11927 views Edited Nov 24, 2011

Hello,

I'm having a problem with Battlefield 3 on my ps3 80GB from 2008.

Playing online worked fine until tuesday. When I started the ps3 on tuesday and launched Battlefield3 it tried to install the game(But the game was already installed).

It always crashed and I needed to turn the playstation of. At the fourth time it started the game without trying to install it.

But when I wanted to join a game, the only thing that happened was that the tv went black after showing the picture of the map it was loading and the only thing was the blue dot in the right bottom corner blinking. I left it trying to connect about 5-10 Minutes and then closed the game and opened it again. I tried that 4 times and then stopped.

Yesterday I had the idea to reinstall the game. After installing I was able to join a game, spawned the normal way and everything was okay. Then I died and changed my class, respawned and I couldn't weapons and shoot, but drive around in vehicles or run.

After the round was finished, nothing came up on my screen except the blue background.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 24 (11,927 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Re: Technical problems with Battlefield 3 on my PS3, please help!

Nov 26, 2011

personally i wouldnt play this game on a fatty - i know 2 who have ylod'd both on the fat - while playing this game

and i very rarely complain about this game but it has hard froze my ps3 -slim - over 10 times

Message 2 of 24 (11,927 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
689 posts

Nov 26, 2011

Sounds like maybe your HD is  starting to die.  I do know that the BF games do on occassion freeze.  In fact, the one time I have played BF3 online (to much football right now), it froze after 4 minutes on a slim.  As for BF killing phats, it is really hard to see how software would kill a system except to corrupt the HD which a game from a reputable house should not do.

Just my 2 cents.

Gray hair is a crown of spendor; it is attained by a rightous life.
Games: F1, Eye of Judgement, BFBC2, Sports Active 2, Shift 2 Unleashed, BF3. Games on order:
Message 3 of 24 (11,927 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Nov 26, 2011

Is your PS3, don't blame the game. try it with someone else PS3 and you'll note that the game is not at fault.

right now Fry's has new PS3 for $199 and it comes with two games.

Message 4 of 24 (11,927 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Nov 26, 2011

certain games have been known to overwork the ps3 - causing the heat issue which is what causes ylod. and the game freezeing the ps3 is a known issue on the bf3 froums

Message 5 of 24 (11,927 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Nov 27, 2011

I've never had my PS3 (fat) freeze from the retail version of BF3.  But that's probably because I always have my fan on, usually pointed at the PS3.

BF3 Stats
Message 6 of 24 (11,927 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 2, 2011

Im having the same problem with my game It works on another system. I changed discs and the same problem. other games work well I dont know what the problem is

Message 7 of 24 (11,927 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Dec 2, 2011

Just because your PS3 is the older phat model doesn't mean it's any less effective or reliable. Most people don't maintain their consoles which is why issues come up. First, don't put your console on the floor, especially if it's carpeted. Second, vacuum your console once a month. Yes, vacuum. Dust builds up on them, especially the inside, and is a big cause of heat, YLODs, crashes, etc. Third, just be sure the exhaust fan in the back of your console isn't against the wall or TV stand and has ample room to breathe, at least a foot of space in the back of the unit. I promise you, if you follow these 3 things along with regular (at least once a month) hard drive backups, you'll never have an issue. Most forget that consoles are like PCs and should be cared for.

Message 8 of 24 (11,927 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 7, 2012

I have the same exact problem, midway thru the game I get killed then i spawn and am unable to get a gun but can only fight in a tank. what is even more disturbing is that the unit did not recognize the disc when I turned the unit on and off to reset it. If I have the same problem this may be just one guy sending out a spike while playing the game and getting only a few at a time. anyway I redid the whole reload by resetting to another date wipeing out the memory and now it is even worse so if there is someone who has a fix please help.

Message 9 of 24 (11,790 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1442 posts

Aug 7, 2012

usafss73 wrote:

I have the same exact problem, midway thru the game I get killed then i spawn and am unable to get a gun but can only fight in a tank. what is even more disturbing is that the unit did not recognize the disc when I turned the unit on and off to reset it. If I have the same problem this may be just one guy sending out a spike while playing the game and getting only a few at a time. anyway I redid the whole reload by resetting to another date wipeing out the memory and now it is even worse so if there is someone who has a fix please help.

had a friend with a similar problem.  His blu-ray was going out.  He ended up buying a new PS3.

Message 10 of 24 (11,782 Views)
0 Likes