Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 23 2012
By: moblesuit75 PlayStation MVP 4403 posts
Accepted Solution

Question of Etiquette in BF3?

17 replies 297 views Edited Sep 23, 2012

If you are ranging as an engineer, and a sniper keeps picking you off.  Is it bad taste to slam them in the face with an RPG?  Or is it fair game?

I suppose, if you are a camping sniper, you deserve some type of horrible demise.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (297 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2313 posts

Re: Question of Etiquette in BF3?

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

It's fair game in Battlefield. I would even recommend that you continue doing that. :smileytongue:

My preferred method of getting rid of them is by going to their spot and taking their tags.

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (274 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Sep 25, 2012

That is a good one.  I do like to run support, find them, place some c-4 and dance behind them, before blowing them up ROFL.

I do find myself in the RPG situation yelling out the phrase from the BF3 online only Commercial... Happy Birthday MF

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Sep 28, 2012

It's cool. 

When it comes to BF3 there are a few things that you don't want to be known for doing.

EX:

Jet ramming, wall glitching on Metro, RHIB glitching on Kharg or being a total noob by running P90/MP7 ALL the time (even outside of CQB maps)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (254 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2313 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

Running P90/MP7 isn't really a bad thing.

But I agree with Jet ramming, any type of glitch. I will also add, Rambo reviving, not giving out ammo/health to teammates, and taking a vehicle without waiting on teammates.

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Rambo reviving can actually be a good tactic. It can make the enemy(ies) focus on the guy on the ground (easy kill) giving your teammates the chance to kill said enemy(ies)

I hate Support guys who don't toss out ammo packs.

Running P90/MP7 on close-quarters maps is all fine & dandy, but outside of that it is the sign of a weak player. They need to man-up & use a gun that doesn't have an extremely high RoF.

Agreed on the vehicle comment. Everytime a heli pilot flies off while I'm running up to him (calling for a ride) I want to teamkill him.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (249 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2313 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Shieldwolf407 wrote:
Rambo reviving can actually be a good tactic. It can make the enemy(ies) focus on the guy on the ground (easy kill) giving your teammates the chance to kill said enemy(ies)

Running P90/MP7 on close-quarters maps is all fine & dandy, but outside of that it is the sign of a weak player. They need to man-up & use a gun that doesn't have an extremely high RoF.

Agreed on the vehicle comment. Everytime a heli pilot flies off while I'm running up to him (calling for a ride) I want to teamkill him.

Regarding rambo revive, if you revive the person and the ground and they get killed you lose 2 tickets, instead of the 1 you would have lost if you would just let him/her respawn. You also place yourself in risk of getting mowed down and you would lose 3 tickets instead of 1.

As to mp7 and P90, there are other guns that have simlar rate of fire such as the F2000, Famas, AEK, H5k, and a few others. :smileytongue:

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (245 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4477 posts

Oct 1, 2012

TheJLC wrote:

Regarding rambo revive, if you revive the person and the ground and they get killed you lose 2 tickets, instead of the 1 you would have lost if you would just let him/her respawn. You also place yourself in risk of getting mowed down and you would lose 3 tickets instead of 1.

I thought getting a revive replaced the lost ticket.  It still counts as a kill for the guy on the other team fpor points and such, and counts as a kill in TD or SQTD for example... but I'm fairly certain that you get the ticket back from a revive.  I could be wrong though.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (231 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Oct 1, 2012

TheJLC wrote:

Shieldwolf407 wrote:

As to mp7 and P90, there are other guns that have simlar rate of fire such as the F2000, Famas, AEK, H5k, and a few others. :smileytongue:

I guess then, the poepl doing it, are just bad at the game then...

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (229 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2313 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Tempest_Fire wrote:

TheJLC wrote:

I thought getting a revive replaced the lost ticket.  It still counts as a kill for the guy on the other team fpor points and such, and counts as a kill in TD or SQTD for example... but I'm fairly certain that you get the ticket back from a revive.  I could be wrong though.

You do, but not if the person gets killed before they hit accept. So, if someone runs into the middle of battle, revives you, but you get killed instantly, that original ticket and a new one is lost. If the user just declines the revive, it won't remove an extra ticket, but you won't gain one either. It's a punishment against Rambo reviving.

Here is a nice video explaining it.

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (226 Views)