Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 05 2012
By: Zinkeh Sackboy 533 posts

Jets and Copters

3 replies 119 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

There seems to be a really odd inconsistency with using lockon weapons like the stinger against these targets. Perhaps I'm missing a detail or spec somewhere.

Often I'll get on a conquest map where 2 choppers are just owning anything that moves, or jets that are spawn camping our flight decks blowing anyone that takes off out of the sky...

I'll get my Eng class out and break out the AA missles. The oddity that I'm posting about is in regards to the distance in which the weapon will lock on / maintain lock. This is assuming the vehicle isn't using the stealth perk or popping ECMS. Sometimes I can lock onto a spec in the sky....other times I can't lock on a copter or jet that is clearly in range...and sending rockets my way. A lot of the time there will be a jet or copter going by and I'll get get a lockon that starts up and then just stops dead in it's tracks until the target is out of lock range, or comes back around for another try. Example being: I lock on and he panics and uses flares. I track him for a few seconds more and the lockon just quits...even if he is at almost the exact same altitude and range.

I've also noticed that Jet's seem particularly immune to AA missles....most not even needing to use flares or ECM. On Kharg island for example, over several matches I'd fire a stinger at a jet...and he'd simply dive down a little bit and accelerate and he'd completely avoid the stinger. No flares, no ECM...and the missle wasn't hitting any landscape. just dropping down a little bit and flooring the accelerator and he'd essentially outrun the missle..

Had this happy many times now across many maps. Is this lag? Some mechanic I'm not aware of?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Re: Jets and Copters

Oct 6, 2012

When they dump flares or pop ECM just dropout of aiming down the sights for a second then ADS at them again.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Zinkeh wrote:

Had this happy many times now across many maps. Is this lag? Some mechanic I'm not aware of?

It's not lag, you can out-turn infantry-fired missiles. No countermeasures needed. 

Random Images

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2297 posts

Oct 8, 2012

BelovID wrote:

Zinkeh wrote:

It's not lag, you can out-turn infantry-fired missiles. No countermeasures needed. 

This. It's easy to do with choppers too if you know the general area of where the stinger is coming from.

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (89 Views)
0 Likes