Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 06 2012
By: chastityv Sackboy 562 posts

Games are way too long now!

12 replies 333 views Edited May 6, 2012

Operation metro with 1050 tickets per team...you serious?

Wake Island with 1050 tickets per team..you serious?

I understand it may be "epic" and "omg dude" but it gets kinda boring around the 500 tickets left mark.

Another thing, Can something be done about the swear words in the server welcome message? I understand you're trying to be cool by using asterixs to imply that you're swearing..but its really childish.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (333 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Re: Games are way too long now!

May 6, 2012

The BF3 community is just as bad as the CoD community now. If you want to play short games you can find DICE servers by typing DICE into the search or just find a custom one you like with low tickets and add it to your favorites.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1853 posts

May 6, 2012

I've been thinking the same thing. Almost all the games are longer than the default now. Doubling or even tripling the number of tickets is okay (in Conquest only, not Rush) but 1000 tickets is a bit much.

The swear words and obscenities are annoying and extremely childish. I avoid those servers because the admins of such a server are almost certainly too immature to act as good admins.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2183 posts

May 7, 2012

You know you can see this when you look at a server before joining? There are plenty that are 200% and below. Just don't be so lazy and check the server info before hopping in.

Oh and to the poster above me, tripling tickets (i.e. 300% tickets) will result in 1000 ticket Operation Metro, so... is it ok? or is it what you came to complain about? lol just felt the need to point that out.

Anyhow, if you're looking for a 200% ticket and below (30 minute games) with fair active admins check out "Clan mXm - Hardcore Conquest - Get Tactical" (just searching Clan mXm will find it) It's active a majority of the time and is moderated. Rules and updates are posted at www.clanmxm.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - FIREFIGHTER // PARAMEDIC - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

mXm Since 2004
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (333 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2299 posts

May 8, 2012

As said above, just search DICE for the default servers. Or if you find a server that you like, add it to your favorites. Personally, I like the large ticket count servers as they lead to interesting battles.

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

May 8, 2012

chastityv wrote:

Operation metro with 1050 tickets per team...you serious?

Wake Island with 1050 tickets per team..you serious?

I understand it may be "epic" and "omg dude" but it gets kinda boring around the 500 tickets left mark.

Another thing, Can something be done about the swear words in the server welcome message? I understand you're trying to be cool by using asterixs to imply that you're swearing..but its really childish.

Use the server browser. Type in 'P24' into the search parameter. Select your desired official DICE/EA server/game. Save to favorites.

Random Images

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

May 8, 2012

But what If one does not want to spend time searching for a server, they just want to jump in and play?

They should just re do the entire system.

on the multiplayer menu have two options.

Short games

Long games.

There you go, select which one you want and away you go!

And when I jumped into battlefield I don't want to spend five minutes browsing servers, quick match and away I go!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5011 posts

May 8, 2012

the longer matches make ribbons cheaper-- they made the requirements less for some-- but now with long ticket matches- real easy to get. I personally dont mind longer matches in conquest--- but rush is ridiculous in long matches - especially if your on a good team and people drop out - when your at over 500 tickets with 3 people on the op for---can make for a very long match

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

May 8, 2012

chastityv wrote:

But what If one does not want to spend time searching for a server, they just want to jump in and play?

They should just re do the entire system.

on the multiplayer menu have two options.

Short games

Long games.

There you go, select which one you want and away you go!

And when I jumped into battlefield I don't want to spend five minutes browsing servers, quick match and away I go!

If you're too lazy to search for what you want then forget it. The server browser is what people should be using so that they can play what they want. Using automatch will never get you that. The system does not need to be redone. It could use a few more features, and that's it. When in the server-browser try using L3, if you haven't already. That will also help narrow your search.

Getting what you want never takes more than 2 minutes.

Random Images

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (333 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

May 8, 2012

Your problem would easily be solved if DICE had a row for ticket amounts in the server browser.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (333 Views)
0 Likes