Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2727 posts

Re: Frostbite 2.0 - Official BattleField 3 Thread

Sep 28, 2011

Interesting video of quite a few people playing Caspian Border/PC in the beta. I dunno why DICE refuses to open this up to the public, because THIS is what the beta map should have been:

Random Images

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y
Message 111 of 177 (35 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Sep 28, 2011

Another Rogue Soldier on the battlefield. I never could understand the concept of roaming the battlefield no communication and being u know, a lame duck LOL.

Message 112 of 177 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

Sep 29, 2011

brian19403 wrote:

Another Rogue Soldier on the battlefield. I never could understand the concept of roaming the battlefield no communication and being u know, a lame duck LOL.

It'd probably be a little different if DICE fixed their effed up squad system/menus. They aren't working, as well as, the same thing that NEVER has worked properly since BFBC: voice chat. If DICE pulled their collective heads outta their asses and opened Caspian Border for all platforms in this beta (despite all the bugs/glitches), the media, fans, and newcomers would be singing DICE's praises.

Here's to waiting to find out what'll happen...as it's now 2:33AM PST, 29SEPT, my time. with now 10 days left of this 'beta'.

Random Images

Message 113 of 177 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

Oct 3, 2011

The latest #BF3Beta update:

Thank you for playing the Open Beta and making the final game better!

We are very excited to see so many gamers join our Battlefield 3 Open Beta. Here's an update on the Open Beta from DICE General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson.

I want to give you an overview of how the Open Beta is helping us shape a fantastic final game, what we are implementing based on your feedback, and how the Open Beta will help us deliver a robust gaming environment from day one.

The Open Beta is a true Beta

The Battlefield 3 Open Beta is based on software that is more than one month old. We need to test the new back end dedicated server structure we've built. Not only have we built a new game engine, but an entirely new back end system so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of dedicated servers on all platforms.

Just like normal procedure when releasing a game, the Open Beta has had long lead times due to testing, certification, and setting up. This means that the code you are now playing is actually quite early and not representative of the final game.

We had to do this in order to have as many people testing as possible, in order to ensure a top quality experience when the game is released. However, we're confident in the Battlefield formula and confident that our fans will support us in order to make Battlefield 3 better.

Dedicated servers require dedicated testing

The biggest reason for running the Open Beta is to stress test our servers and back end. Already, we are seeing 6 times the number of simultaneous players in the Battlefield 3 Open Beta compared to the Beta for Battlefield: Bad Company 2! The fact that Battlefield 3 is clearly our biggest game launch ever by a magnitude of 6 makes it doubly important to test everything.

We are constantly updating the News section on Battlelog with information on what we are fixing from Open Beta to final. We appreciate your time and your feedback. The data and feedback from the Open Beta will not only directly affect the final game of Battlefield 3, but its future development and support.

We're heading out on the road this week to let journalists experience all aspects of Battlefield 3. Stay tuned for their previews, and stay tuned for the final game on October 25th. The final game will look, play and sound better than the Open Beta. You have helped making sure of that.

Karl Magnus Troedsson

General Manager, DICE

Random Images

Message 114 of 177 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

Oct 8, 2011

I do believe the video with Patrick Bach shows the PS3 using the high-res optional install. I'm assuming so:

Random Images

Message 115 of 177 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2532 posts

Oct 11, 2011

So far, I'm NOT impressed w/Frostbite 2.0... There was NO destruction in the beta & these new videos aren't that great. The textures still looks bland & there is NO destruction in them, lol... There is NO anti-aliasing in those videos & it looks like pre-alpha graphics.

At some point, DICE has to stop talking & show the actual amazing graphics.... right?

Photobucket

Monthly Subscription for Online Multiplayer is an Xbox Policy

Message 116 of 177 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Oct 13, 2011

Aztec_MC wrote:

So far, I'm NOT impressed w/Frostbite 2.0... There was NO destruction in the beta & these new videos aren't that great. The textures still looks bland & there is NO destruction in them, lol... There is NO anti-aliasing in those videos & it looks like pre-alpha graphics.

At some point, DICE has to stop talking & show the actual amazing graphics.... right?

Photobucket

Smile Now, Cry Later

They toned down all(?; I know they did Destruction) the prettiness in the Beta; it was mostly for server stressing and debugging.

BF3 Stats
Message 117 of 177 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

Oct 13, 2011

Aztec_MC wrote:

If that's all you care about, then you really need to wait til the game hits retail, and then keeping hitting the refresh button on YouTube for anyone uploading 'maximum settings' PC footage. No one should be making final judgements on beta video gameplay, or pre-release content, ect.

The console videos I've seen so far (taking into account any compression to any video uploaders) are excellent looking. Nothing like a maxed-out PC rig, but still---one of the best looking shooters to date for consoles, if not the best expecially for MP, with everything that's going on (FrostBite2, destruction, audio, ect) DICE didn't include the high-resolution optional install for nothing.

Random Images

Message 118 of 177 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

Oct 19, 2011

Latest MP trailer from DICE:

Random Images

Message 119 of 177 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Oct 19, 2011

Great job keeping up with this thread! I should have been following this thread more...

Message 120 of 177 (35 Views)
0 Likes