Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 23 2012
By: meticulousdragon Splicer 83 posts

[Battlefield 3] End Admin Abuse: Revise Admin Controls (Your Support Is Needed!)

22 replies 1531 views Edited Sep 23, 2012

My idea to END ADMIN ABUSE is UNDER OFFICIAL CONSIDERATION !!! Please lend your support!  You can show your support in the following thread by clicking on "+1" and/or leaving a supporting comment.
http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/end_admin_abuse_revise_admin_controls/

This message posted by meticulousdragon.
BF3 Stats
Above image from the http://bf3stats.com/ website.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (1,531 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Re: [Battlefield 3] End Admin Abuse: Revise Admin Controls (Your Support Is Needed!)

Sep 24, 2012

Are we talking about being kicked when you kill the admin?  I have ran into that many times.  On the PC version, you can go back in and type an onscreen text question, to get to the root of the issue, but PS does not account for that.  You just have to accept it I guess.

I do suppose, if the admin is putting up the resources to run a game, then they have a bit of rights.  Although, being a poor sport, should have some consequences, I agree.

If I am totally off base with this post, please advise.  Tried to follow link, but cannot get password to get in.

Mobile 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (1,514 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2310 posts

Re: [Battlefield 3] End Admin Abuse: Revise Admin Controls (Your Support Is Needed!)

Sep 25, 2012
Don't like the idea of removing the kick option or ban option from admins. I just think we should be able to report the kick/ban ingame when we receive the message. It would be a nice way instead of reporting them to EA via their website.
mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (1,501 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I would at least like to know why I get kicked.  The message pops up just long enough to see it, then it is gone, and so are you.  I get as far as "you are being kicked......" and then I am back out in the menu.  Guess I need speed reading lessons too.  Literally a second or two, not even exaggerating.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (1,499 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2310 posts

Sep 25, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

I would at least like to know why I get kicked.  The message pops up just long enough to see it, then it is gone, and so are you.  I get as far as "you are being kicked......" and then I am back out in the menu.  Guess I need speed reading lessons too.  Literally a second or two, not even exaggerating.

Moble

Yup, I forgot about that. It would be nice to have that, like on PC. For now I use servers that are owned and operated by DICE, or those that I have used before and had no problems with.

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (1,497 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Sound advice.  Thank you.  Those 500% ticket servers are enticing though.  Typically it has been in those, where I've played for the better part of an hour on one round, racked up some Ks Ds and points.  Then just as the round is about to end, I get kicked.  Do I get to keep the points, or are they gone.  Never thought to check that.  Usually too pssd to notice.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (1,492 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Totally agree. Admin needs to have some control but the "god" controls they have presently are just begging for abuse.

I just love getting admin killed / kicked / teamswitchd because the admin or one of his pals didn't like getting killed...didn't like their tank getting Javelin'd....etc. I've even had an admin kill me over and over each time my Stinger started to lock on. Switching teams and admin killing to get ahold of all of the helicopters for example..etc

-DAR- server is one of the worst I've come across in the way of admin abuse.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (1,457 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Oct 6, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Sound advice.  Thank you.  Those 500% ticket servers are enticing though.  Typically it has been in those, where I've played for the better part of an hour on one round, racked up some Ks Ds and points.  Then just as the round is about to end, I get kicked.  Do I get to keep the points, or are they gone.  Never thought to check that.  Usually too pssd to notice.

Moble

Yeah, you get to keep them if you're kicked, banned or quit. The only time you don't get to is if the game freezes.

BTW, you can Report Banner if you think you were unjustly banned. Find & select the server you were banned from & press R3.

One to avoid is Dirty Dog's Metro server. He bans you as soon as you Nemesis kill him.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (1,450 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Nov 12, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Are we talking about being kicked when you kill the admin?

Mobile 

Yes, that would be one example of admin abuse.

moblesuit75 wrote:

If I am totally off base with this post, please advise.  Tried to follow link, but cannot get password to get in.

Mobile 

You understand the intent of the post just fine.

To login, you should use your Battlelog login.  If you are having problems with your Battlelog login, you may wish to check out the following post.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Battlefield-Series/Battlefield-3-Information-On-Logging-Into-...

Unfortunately, my idea was removed from being under "Official Consideration".

Once more, the http://getsatisfaction.com/ website is no longer being use by Battlefield team.

:smileysad:

Maybe someday Origin/EA/DICE will think that making a fair game is more important than making money.  In the time being, credit card = the effective right to boost, cheat, and treat other players unfairly.

This message posted by meticulousdragon.
BF3 Stats
Above image from the http://bf3stats.com/ website.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (1,393 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8817 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I thought we stopped these, childish petitions, like months ago...

Photobucket

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (1,374 Views)
0 Likes