Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 01 2011
By: Dodgerbluemmm24 Treasure Hunter 6512 posts

Are you worried about BF3 will be CoD-fied?

27 replies 50 views Edited Jan 1, 2011

Are you? After playing BC2 and it's blatent attempt to capture the CoD morons I sure as hell am. BF vets, what say you?

Message 1 of 28 (50 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Re: Are you worried about BF3 will be CoD-fied?

Jan 1, 2011

W TF I can't edit my post? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Message 2 of 28 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Jan 1, 2011

You spelled blatant wrong, haha. Might want to edit that.

Anyhows, I'm sort of worried. The new maps have given me hope with DICE. Heavy Metal, Vietnam, although they're not as large as BF2 maps, they're still damn good maps. Except Hill 137. :smileymad:

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 3 of 28 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Jan 2, 2011

I'm not worried at all.  I think BC2 is the closest to CoD that Battlefield will get.  I know Kertz (designer) said he learned quite a few lessons with BC2 and said he's applied them to BF3.  I know he's taking out Magnum Ammo (or any other sort of damage multiplier).

BF3 has also been described as being a true sequel to Battlefield 2.  I can't see a "true sequel" being much like BC2 at all.

And I wouldn't consider Heavy Metal and Vietnam maps to be indicators of where DICE are going with their level design.  Heavy Metal existed prior to it being released as a multiplayer map and was not created recently.  The Vietnam maps, while newly created, still exist in the Bad Company universe, which, as we mustn't forget, is not the same as the Battlefield universe - they were created with Bad Company dynamics in mind, not Battlefield dynamics.  In other words, they're not going to put huge, classic style Battlefield maps in Vietnam because they wouldn't fit in with the rest of the game.  So don't think that maps like Phu Bai and Hill 137 are indicators of what to expect in BF3.

Here's what I'm expecting:

1) Better class and weapon balancing with fewer add-on specs, 2) larger, "classic BF" maps and 3) better overall dynamics.  I think the Bad Company series has been a good foray into less familiar territory for DICE and they've learned a lot about smaller scale combat. I don't want to see fights like those on Arica Harbor and Oasis disappear so hopefully they'll find a great balance between those maps and much larger maps like in BF2.

Message 4 of 28 (50 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1213 posts

Jan 2, 2011

We shouldn't have to worry. I really enjoy BC2 and there are some similarities between it and COD but none that would make the next game too CODish.

PhotobucketBF3 Stats
Message 5 of 28 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Jan 2, 2011

Some of you may find this worth sifting through.  Most is just speculation but there are some interesting tidbits in it.  Contained in it is a link to some of DICE's presentations, one of which is on Frostbite 2 and the work looks very, very impressive.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1268259-battlefield-3-what-we-know-think-we-know-so...

Message 6 of 28 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2858 posts

Jan 2, 2011

I just hope they don't dumb down the PS3 version to make it even with the 360 version.  MAG has proven that the PS3 can handle two hundred and fifty six players in a single game quite well.  Eighty players would be a piece of cake on the PS3.

We'll probably figure out at E3.

Reading that post has really got me hyped for Battlefield 3 now.

If it has been in development six 2006 then it'll for sure be one hell of a game.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 7 of 28 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1447 posts

Jan 2, 2011

Not really.

all I hope for is a better spawn system so I don't have to be the lonely long distance runner when I am the only one on my squad and there are no vehicles at bay.

PC version better not be dummed down to be similar to the consoles or else I'm dumping DICE.

Message 8 of 28 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Jan 2, 2011

DigitDood wrote:

Not really.

all I hope for is a better spawn system so I don't have to be the lonely long distance runner when I am the only one on my squad and there are no vehicles at bay.

PC version better not be dummed down to be similar to the consoles or else I'm dumping DICE.

/signature/
DigitDood

I don't think it will be dumbed down.  But at the same time, I don't expect the console version to be a dumbed down version of the PC version.  I think Kertz (or someone) said that there will be one version of the game but that the PC version needed some special attention.  I interpret this as meaning the PC will be tweaked to make it feel perfect on PC and not like a console game ported to PC.  I do, however, expect PC to have more players than consoles but I'm okay with that.  I'd still like to see Microsoft man up and allot more bandwidth for BF3 so consoles can have more players.  I think Sony have already proven they can handle the bandwidth.  And this very well may come to fruition - because BF3 is a true Battlefield game, I expect it to have true (huge) Battlefield maps.  Thus they need more players to fill the maps.  So I wouldn't be surprised if we see some good sized battles going on at E3

Message 9 of 28 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Jan 2, 2011

Fields00 wrote:

DigitDood wrote:

Not really.

/signature/
DigitDood

I don't think it will be dumbed down.  But at the same time, I don't expect the console version to be a dumbed down version of the PC version.  I think Kertz (or someone) said that there will be one version of the game but that the PC version needed some special attention.  I interpret this as meaning the PC will be tweaked to make it feel perfect on PC and not like a console game ported to PC.  I do, however, expect PC to have more players than consoles but I'm okay with that.  I'd still like to see Microsoft man up and allot more bandwidth for BF3 so consoles can have more players.  I think Sony have already proven they can handle the bandwidth.  And this very well may come to fruition - because BF3 is a true Battlefield game, I expect it to have true (huge) Battlefield maps.  Thus they need more players to fill the maps.  So I wouldn't be surprised if we see some good sized battles going on at E3

I want the console version to get dumbed down. I want a proper BF game damnit! Enough of this fair crap.

Message 10 of 28 (50 Views)
0 Likes