Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 16 2013
By: zZzjohnchadzZz Splicer 68 posts

the third arkham game

6 replies 328 views Edited Mar 16, 2013
Does anyone know if they are going to continue the arkham series this year or next because its just simply amazing and i want some completely new material to play on
Message 1 of 7 (328 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Re: the third arkham game

Mar 18, 2013

About a month ago, Time Warner confirmed that a new game in the Batman: Arkham series is on the way for 2013. However, at this point details are sketchy. Will the new game be developed by Rocksteady? Will the game follow the traditional style of the franchise? It seems likely that this could be a very different game when it debuts.

Message 2 of 7 (318 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4219 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Rocksteady said last year that they were not working on a new Batman game and that they wanted to do another IP before continuing the Batman franchise.... so with that said, I'm assuming Arkham 3 would be developed by another studio.. which saddens me.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 3 of 7 (312 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25153 posts

Mar 23, 2013

I would have to think that whom ever took up the Arkham games, they have a strong foundation to work with, and Warners would place it in capable hands.

Message 4 of 7 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

May 28, 2013

Yeah, I'm curious, too. I was completely AND totally **bleep** when I heard about the A.O. release and not a third installment. I had an idea of where the third game would lead - if AND when it would come out...then I saw the preview trailer for A.O. Whoa. Maybe I can wait, but it would have been nice to have the third game released this year. Loved A.A. and A.C. was nice. Loved the Grapnel Boost.

Message 5 of 7 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

May 28, 2013

Devil_Dog_One wrote:

Yeah, I'm curious, too. I was completely AND totally **bleep** when I heard about the A.O. release and not a third installment. I had an idea of where the third game would lead - if AND when it would come out...then I saw the preview trailer for A.O. Whoa. Maybe I can wait, but it would have been nice to have the third game released this year. Loved A.A. and A.C. was nice. Loved the Grapnel Boost.

personally I think Rocksteady is working on the next Arkham game for next-gen consoles, think of it like Assassin's Creed, other studio's that create side-games between the big releases (assassin's creed brotherhood and assassin's creed revelations between assassin's creed 2 and assassin's creed 3), which is fine by me, this way we have new stuff to play while Rocksteady puts their best effort in a next gen batman arkham game, but of course that's just speculation, but it's seems logical to me :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 7 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

May 28, 2013

Your logic is persuasive, and if this were the case then by Arkham 3's release date I will, in fact, purchase the new console.

Message 7 of 7 (163 Views)
0 Likes