Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 19 2012
By: Vailintine Lombax Warrior 134 posts
Accepted Solution

The Future of Arkham

13 replies 760 views Edited Sep 19, 2012

Not sure if they plan a new entry to the series or not.

However, I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas of what the plot of the next entry.

I am sure the comic is already going forward, but I don't read them because there isn't a comic store in my area.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (760 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24342 posts

Re: The Future of Arkham

Sep 20, 2012

Vailintine wrote:

Not sure if they plan a new entry to the series or not.

However, I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas of what the plot of the next entry.

I am sure the comic is already going forward, but I don't read them because there isn't a comic store in my area.

The next game is going to be a period piece set in the 1950's, about when the Joker first encounters Batman, and it's supposed to tie into the Justice League movie. 

As for reading the comics, even if you don't have a comic shop near by, you can find DC Comics at Barnes and Noble (remember bookstores?) and you can also buy them direct from DC, and download them at DC Digital.

http://www.dccomics.com/comics

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (757 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Sep 21, 2012

So they do plan to make another game?

The book store in my area doesn't keep their comics up to date because people steal them or bend and rip the them. Same for the manga sadly. I'm running behind on a lot.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (747 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24342 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Vailintine wrote:

So they do plan to make another game?

(Yes, it's going to be set in the DC "Silver Age") 

The book store in my area doesn't keep their comics up to date because people steal them or bend and rip the them. Same for the manga sadly. I'm running behind on a lot.

(Consider a subscription. I had subscriptions to a number of Marvel titles back in the 80's, and it was always good to know that the issues would eventually show up in my mail box. I tend to run behind myself if I take a week off from going to comic shop)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (744 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Thanks for the info.

Is there a specific site I can go to subscribe.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (736 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24342 posts

Sep 22, 2012

DC Comics offers subscriptions on their site, and even sells digital editions. 

http://www.dccomics.com/comics

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Sep 23, 2012
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (726 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11023 posts

Sep 24, 2012
To be fair, I don't think the Silver Age stuff has been confirmed. I'm fairly certain it's all just speculation right now, no? As well, I think Rocksteady left far to many questions unanswered (on purpose) in Arkham City for them not to make a direct sequal.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Well, as business desicion; I am sure thanks to the success of the 2 entries they would like to make a third. Plus, considering how they left everything hanging like you say on purpose.

Weather or not this is confirmed, I still believe a third entry would pass. I just don't know of any good ideas of how the next one would be as great as the other two. Especially since Joker, Prince of Crime, is dead.

It's the Arkham series, so they can't just make another one with the cliffhanger they left us. Although I wouldn't mind it.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (717 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24342 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

johngie wrote:
To be fair, I don't think the Silver Age stuff has been confirmed. I'm fairly certain it's all just speculation right now, no? As well, I think Rocksteady left far to many questions unanswered (on purpose) in Arkham City for them not to make a direct sequal.

They did hint at what the next game would be during the Azrael cutscene. 

I'm starting to think that the SIlver Age game was the result of some wishful thinking and rumor mongering. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (714 Views)
0 Likes