Fender Bender
2981 posts

Re: Jeez Hard is a little bit harder than Normal ain't it??

Oct 10, 2009

pasufarin wrote:

SLADE47 wrote:
wait til u get to the part where u shutdown the pump.where the titan breaks in and the joker sends the goons down.im still stuck there.its extremely difficult to hit it with a batarang while fighting off a room full of thugs!!!im thinking maybe i should just avoid him and just beat all the thugs up first.

Yes, I agree; that part was the most difficult for me when playing on Hard. It took me a number of tries to work out a strategy that worked for me.

I put down some fully upgraded explosive gel before the titan entered so that the thugs in the elevator would trigger it and get knocked into the electric fields. Try to get as many Critical Strikes and make use of Instant Takedowns to thin their ranks. I also was able to get the Titan to run (blinded) back into the elevator shaft he can down on and stumble around in there which let me take out more thugs. I also tried to get a few more hits in before I got on his back and got in some Rodeo Strikes (again, trying to strike the thugs into the electric fields if possible). Maybe others have some suggestions for you.

Ivy did not seem too bad in comparison.

hmm sounds good.i think i will try that.it sounds like u got lucky on that Titan part you described.i hope i get it too!thanx for strategy
Down '74 the Getaway!!!
Message 11 of 17 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6223 posts

Oct 10, 2009

My first playthrough was on hard, and it wasnt that hard lol

Message 12 of 17 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Oct 18, 2009
How do u start a new game? I played thru on normal & would now like to play on hard but I only get the "contiue game" option from the menu. I'm going for the "100% Complete" trophy so dont want to start a new save file.
Message 13 of 17 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Oct 18, 2009
The only reason to start a new game is because you want to play through again on hard for the trophy.  If you want 100% complete...get all the riddles and combat and predator challenges on one of your saved games. 
Message 14 of 17 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Oct 18, 2009

SLADE47 wrote:

rlg1989 wrote:
LOL I started my Hard playthrough tonight and died against Bane like five times, lol. Ivy's gonna suck!

wait til u get to the part where u shutdown the pump.where the titan breaks in and the joker sends the goons down.im still stuck there.its extremely difficult to hit it with a batarang while fighting off a room full of thugs!!!im thinking maybe i should just avoid him and just beat all the thugs up first.

yea that boss battle actually took me the longest on hard the rest weren't bad but that took me quite a few times to get right.
Message 15 of 17 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Oct 20, 2009

Agreed; Ivy is actually really easy to me, as long as you manage to avoid her attacks and kill the henchmen.

Message 16 of 17 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Oct 23, 2009

pasufarin wrote:

SLADE47 wrote:

Yes, I agree; that part was the most difficult for me when playing on Hard. It took me a number of tries to work out a strategy that worked for me.

I put down some fully upgraded explosive gel before the titan entered so that the thugs in the elevator would trigger it and get knocked into the electric fields. Try to get as many Critical Strikes and make use of Instant Takedowns to thin their ranks. I also was able to get the Titan to run (blinded) back into the elevator shaft he can down on and stumble around in there which let me take out more thugs. I also tried to get a few more hits in before I got on his back and got in some Rodeo Strikes (again, trying to strike the thugs into the electric fields if possible). Maybe others have some suggestions for you.

Ivy did not seem too bad in comparison.

Thanks for the strategy - I've been stuck on this battle for literally weeks now and it's really frustrated me. I wil try some of these things out.

Message 17 of 17 (24 Views)
0 Likes