Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 07 2009
By: rlg1989 Gaming Beast 2345 posts

Jeez Hard is a little bit harder than Normal ain't it??

16 replies 39 views Edited Oct 7, 2009
LOL I started my Hard playthrough tonight and died against Bane like five times, lol. Ivy's gonna suck!
YLOD 80gig PS3 1/30/09 - 7/30/11 RIP
Message 1 of 17 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Re: Jeez Hard is a little bit harder than Normal ain't it??

Oct 7, 2009
Since I started on the hard difficulty I can't say how much harder it is...but I've noticed that Hard isn't too difficult. You get used to it after you fight the thugs a few times.
Message 2 of 17 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Oct 7, 2009
Well, Bane took me 5 lives too on hard but everything went smooth after that. Lost 1 on Ivy and none in the last fight.
Message 3 of 17 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2345 posts

Oct 7, 2009
I've noticed guards will look up at the gargoyles randomly and can spot you.. I don't think they did that on normal.
YLOD 80gig PS3 1/30/09 - 7/30/11 RIP
Message 4 of 17 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Oct 7, 2009

It takes a little bit to get used to the thug battles and, yeah...I had a harder time with some of the bosses, especially Bane.

But hard really isn't all that bad.  It's do-able...jsut keep at it.

Message 5 of 17 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2981 posts

Oct 8, 2009

rlg1989 wrote:
LOL I started my Hard playthrough tonight and died against Bane like five times, lol. Ivy's gonna suck!

wait til u get to the part where u shutdown the pump.where the titan breaks in and the joker sends the goons down.im still stuck there.its extremely difficult to hit it with a batarang while fighting off a room full of thugs!!!im thinking maybe i should just avoid him and just beat all the thugs up first.
Down '74 the Getaway!!!
Message 6 of 17 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6080 posts

Oct 8, 2009
The only really hard part on hard in my opinion is the control room where the Titan breaks out and the henchmen are coming out of the elevator.
Message 7 of 17 (39 Views)
Wastelander
882 posts

Oct 8, 2009

NeonReaver wrote:
The only really hard part on hard in my opinion is the control room where the Titan breaks out and the henchmen are coming out of the elevator.

Agreed 100%.
Message 8 of 17 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
672 posts

Oct 8, 2009
yeah besides that elevator part, I just ran through EVERYTHING, and I'm not claiming to be a pro or nothing, but I beat it in about 5 hours or maybe a little more.  I wasn't going for any riddles or anything, and I can say that I platinum'd 
PSN: SNiPeR_MiKe
XBL: SNiPeRMiKe360

Message 9 of 17 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5432 posts

Oct 8, 2009

SLADE47 wrote:
wait til u get to the part where u shutdown the pump.where the titan breaks in and the joker sends the goons down.im still stuck there.its extremely difficult to hit it with a batarang while fighting off a room full of thugs!!!im thinking maybe i should just avoid him and just beat all the thugs up first.

Yes, I agree; that part was the most difficult for me when playing on Hard. It took me a number of tries to work out a strategy that worked for me.

I put down some fully upgraded explosive gel before the titan entered so that the thugs in the elevator would trigger it and get knocked into the electric fields. Try to get as many Critical Strikes and make use of Instant Takedowns to thin their ranks. I also was able to get the Titan to run (blinded) back into the elevator shaft he can down on and stumble around in there which let me take out more thugs. I also tried to get a few more hits in before I got on his back and got in some Rodeo Strikes (again, trying to strike the thugs into the electric fields if possible). Maybe others have some suggestions for you.

Ivy did not seem too bad in comparison.

--

I neither work nor speak for SCEA;
the views expressed in this message are solely my own.
Message 10 of 17 (39 Views)