374 posts

Re: Have not bought any Arkham yet...

Oct 25, 2012

Kharingin wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

FrescanteBozak wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

FrescanteBozak wrote:
As others have mentioned, both games are incredible. You don't have to be a Batman fan to appreciate the game play and story. If you are a fan, then you'll appreciate the attention to detail that Paul Dini put into writing this game. Highly recommend that both titles find a place in your library.

Are you kidding me? I swear Paul Dini just slammed his head onto a keyboard and said "That's the story"

Really dude? So the story in your opinion sucks? Interesting, I'd like to see what you do think is a good story. Tetris maybe? Honestly though, to each his own. I loved the game, but not everyone will however small that contingent is.

It's not my opinion that the story is a botched mess, it's an objective fact. Anyone who says otherwise is oblivious, blindly infatuated, falsely content.... You get it. The plethora of plot holes, uncreativity, p*ss poor script, meager length, senseless events, illegitimate protagonist, and the sheer imbalance of plot threads coupled with their bizarre intervals equate to an atrocity that irrefutably  failed to live up to its potential. For a sequel to Arkham Asylum, all the enhancements made were merely superficial. 

Are you sure you're familiar with the definition of the word 'opinion'? 

An opinion isn't purely subjective for everything, it needs some semblance of rationality. 

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 21 of 30 (788 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Oct 26, 2012
I enjoyed Arkham City. A lot. It wasn't as brilliant as Asylum, but it is by no-means a "bad game", and even the story is better than most of the games released these days. And yes, it is about opinion. I seriously don't get what all the hate for the plot is about. Smiley Indifferent
Message 22 of 30 (784 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Dec 4, 2012

people are always going to try and find a way to bash anything and everything for the most part i need to get Arkham City! might grab it tonight while i go out and grab Dark Knight rises Smiley Wink 

Message 23 of 30 (677 Views)
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Feb 26, 2013

I think you should play Arkham Asylum first. 

Message 24 of 30 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Feb 27, 2013

PlaTaNo3000 wrote:

I think you should play Arkham Asylum first. 

Done.  It was great.  I am going to get Arkham City eventually, but right now I am trying to get time to play I Am Alive.

I don't get much time to play these days, with a two year old, and a wife who despises video games.  I usually binge play, whenever I get a chance.

I did here some people found Arkham City disappointing though.  Regardless, at the current price of $17.00 Used, I will undoubtedly get it one of these days.

Thank you for the input though.

Moble

Message 25 of 30 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Mar 4, 2013
No prob. Thanx 4 the kudos
If you got anything from me, it's to find your thing and do you.
Message 26 of 30 (461 Views)
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Mar 10, 2013
You can get the games pretty cheap on eBay or you can check out your local Craigslist or you can even call the pawn shops around your area.
Message 27 of 30 (433 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Mar 13, 2013

My

moblesuit75 wrote:

I have been holding out buying either game so far.  Mostly because I now refuse to spend the upwards of $60.00 for any game anymore. I am contemplating buying Arkham Asylum, if I find it in the used bin for around $15.00-$20.00.  

Arkham City, will not be in this price point for a while, I understand that.  My question would be though; is Arkham Asylum worth picking up, or should I just skip to City?

Moble

moblesuit75 wrote:

I have been holding out buying either game so far.  Mostly because I now refuse to spend the upwards of $60.00 for any game anymore. I am contemplating buying Arkham Asylum, if I find it in the used bin for around $15.00-$20.00.  

Arkham City, will not be in this price point for a while, I understand that.  My question would be though; is Arkham Asylum worth picking up, or should I just skip to City?

Moble

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

My opinion of which one, I than you should buy asylum mostly cause it will help you learn more about the beginning and after you get arkham city you learn Easter eggs and never skip Arkham City.Man Happy

Message 28 of 30 (423 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

May 28, 2013

I don't know why you're not RUNNING to the nearest store...A.A. was awesome. City was good. But, as you said, it can wait. Go for it. I absolutely LOVED the predator challenges in Asylum.

Message 29 of 30 (259 Views)
MVP Support
12274 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Might look into getting this game once I get a PS3 Smiley Happy. Looks like it's a good game.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 30 of 30 (229 Views)
0 Likes