Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 01 2010
By: szeck87 Lombax Warrior 173 posts

Combat challenge room tips?

13 replies 17 views Edited Jan 1, 2010

Does anyone have any tips on how to do the challenges for the rooms where scoring is involved?  I've tried the first one many times and I can't get past 11,500, and that is with perfect knight.  I've read that getting all the moves in 1 combo is a good way to earn points, but what exactly do you have to do to make that happen?  What are the moves?  And does anyone have any other tips on how to get more points?

Thanks.

Message Edited by szeck87 on 01-01-2010 03:04 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1521 posts

Re: Scored challenge room tips?

Dec 28, 2009

szeck87 wrote:

Does anyone have any tips on how to do the challenges for the rooms where scoring is involved?  I've tried the first one many times and I can't get past 11,500, and that is with perfect knight.  I've read that getting all the moves in 1 combo is a good way to earn points, but what exactly do you have to do to make that happen?  What are the moves?  And does anyone have any other tips on how to get more points?

Thanks.

This thread has all the moves listed as well as a suggested order in doing them: Freeflow Perfection tip

Eventually w/ lots of practice you'll be able to get all the moves in w/out a list.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Dec 28, 2009
Thanks, I'll give it a try.  I have to do it on normal though, I have all my upgrades, riddles, and character bios on that.  Hopefully they won't die too quickly.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
561 posts

Dec 29, 2009
Freeflow is the only way to get the required scores.  Just practice and you'll get it.  At first I was getting 11,000 also but after awhile I was getting ~30,000 on the first challenge room
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Dec 30, 2009
I can't do this for the life of me.  I've tried probably 30 times here tonight, there's just not enough time in between moves before the combo resets itself.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Dec 30, 2009
And these controls are terrible.  I don't know how many times I press tri + squ and he doesn't throw.  Or triangle to counter and he still hits me.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
731 posts

Dec 31, 2009

szeck87 wrote:
And these controls are terrible.  I don't know how many times I press tri + squ and he doesn't throw.  Or triangle to counter and he still hits me.
INNIT! = (

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1521 posts

Dec 31, 2009

szeck87 wrote:

If you're planning to eventually get platinum, my suggestion would be to play through Hard mode.

Combat wasn't my favorite way of taking out enemies and I preferred stealth during my Normal run through the game, but after going through Hard and beating it, I can tell you for certain that you will become a hardened combat veteran.  There's no other way that you'll be able to get past some of the battles, especially the ones w/ the Titans, if you don't practice, practice, practice those combat skills.

In Hard, you don't see the alert symbol above a thug's head when they're about to strike you, so you pretty much have to become more Batman-like and practice your martial arts skills of anticipate enemies striking you by their movement and countering.

I personally thought that beating Hard was the most satisfying way of playing through the story, and now that my combat skills are updated, I'm plowing through the challenge rooms much more easily.

I hope that helps,

- Churro

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Jan 1, 2010

I've gotten through the first two combat challenge rooms.  I decided to use the pound/ground technique since you get combo count x 100 for each one instead of trying to get perfect freeflow every round.  I've been trying to get 40 combo now...it looks like the best place to do it is Rumble to Jungle round 2.

But now my problem is counterattack.  I can for the most part counterattack fine, but I don't like how the light pops up for getting ready to counter an enemy, then you press tri to counter but turns out they are actually too far away to hit you.  So when you hit tri you actually lose your combo count.  Then when it looks like they're too far away so you don't counter, they end up having a bat (too fast-paced to notice that).  EDIT:  I've nailed it down to the slow-mo parts.  It slows down right after the light pops up for counter, so I hit triangle but it goes back to normal speed and Batman moves away from them.

Message Edited by szeck87 on 12-31-2009 05:46 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Jan 2, 2010

Finally got Sewer Bat Extreme, that was harder than I thought, took me a long time because I keep losing all my health to these gun guys.  All I need is Shock and Awe extreme to get Perfect Knight.  Hardest for last...

Message Edited by szeck87 on 01-02-2010 12:09 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (17 Views)
0 Likes