Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Re: Batman AA Platinum trophy difficulty

Apr 11, 2010

to follow the general consensus of the board, you shouldn't have too much trouble.  i have yet to get it, as i have 3 or 4 combat challenges to finish and the story on hard mode.  but compared to your other ones you shouldn't have any problems. world at war deserves some kudos.  veteran mode almost made me cry in frustration it was so ridiculous in some parts that is definitely the plat i am proudest of.

Message 11 of 36 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1801 posts

Apr 12, 2010

I can't see myself ever getting a Plat on this game... It seems like it should be easy - I've completed the game on Normal and have about 80% of the riddles done, so getting the Hard trophy and all the riddles seems doable, but I'm having a hard time with the challenges.

To date, I've not been able to get more than two batarangs, even on the first combat challenge, and I just can't see myself putting in the amount of time it would take to practice and get good enough to get all three on every challenge...

Message 12 of 36 (486 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11832 posts

Apr 12, 2010

onuosfan wrote:

I can't see myself ever getting a Plat on this game... It seems like it should be easy - I've completed the game on Normal and have about 80% of the riddles done, so getting the Hard trophy and all the riddles seems doable, but I'm having a hard time with the challenges.

To date, I've not been able to get more than two batarangs, even on the first combat challenge, and I just can't see myself putting in the amount of time it would take to practice and get good enough to get all three on every challenge...

The combat challenges do seem pretty difficult at first but they really aren't too bad if you put a little practice in. It shouldn't take too long to master them. I was also pretty sceptacle; I'd finish beating up the baddies, look at the score requirement for a three star batarang, and my jaw would just kind of hit the floor and I'd think "How in the world am I going to do this...?"

Although you said you really can't see yourself investing the time, I'd recommend trying the challenges again because once you master the combat, the challenges become a breeze and it feels extremely cool to be dancing around the thugs and pulling off insane combos. Plus, don't let the first combat challenge scare you off. That one, in my opinion, is actually harder than a lot of the other challenges that come much later after it. It's more difficult because you have fewer enemies to work with so keeping the combo alive is harder. The first challenge room was one of the last I completed.

Message 13 of 36 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Apr 12, 2010

I have 100% of the trophies, and the platinum trophy is like a bonus. The true platinum is the 100% complete trophy, but the mystery trophy at the top is the platinum one. Not that it matters, it's desription is "Platinum Trophy." XD

When the rich wage war it's the poor who die.
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - LilDragon3
Message 14 of 36 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Apr 12, 2010

Also, in order to beat the challenges, here's a tip- Use COMBOS. Stun them, use the grapple hook, and try to NOT get hit. If you are a noob, you will probably not counter much, but countering is KING. Follow instruction carefully, and it's easy. Use X and Square to grab them and throw them, and triangle and circle to use an instant K.O, but you have to unlock these with the upgrade thing, the most variety you can use is 9 moves types. Square, circle, counter, batarang, grapple, takedown, toss, jumping over them, and floor takedowns. use these properly, and you WILL finish it.

Message 15 of 36 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1801 posts

Apr 12, 2010

LilDragon3 wrote:

Also, in order to beat the challenges, here's a tip- Use COMBOS. Stun them, use the grapple hook, and try to NOT get hit. If you are a noob, you will probably not counter much, but countering is KING. Follow instruction carefully, and it's easy. Use X and Square to grab them and throw them, and triangle and circle to use an instant K.O, but you have to unlock these with the upgrade thing, the most variety you can use is 9 moves types. Square, circle, counter, batarang, grapple, takedown, toss, jumping over them, and floor takedowns. use these properly, and you WILL finish it.

Just to be clear, I have finished several of the challenges, and I've gotten two batarangs on a couple, but like on the first one, I think I've gotten like 12,000 or 13,000 points, and you need 16,000 to get three. It basically seems like I need to go through the entire thing without missing a punch (perfect combo for every round) to get the three batarangs, and I'm not sure I can do that consistently.

Hearing that the first one is one of the hardest (having fewer guys definitely makes it harder to keep the string going) is encouraging, though...

I'm not giving up yet, but we shall see...

Message 16 of 36 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1801 posts

Apr 12, 2010

LilDragon3 wrote:

I have 100% of the trophies, and the platinum trophy is like a bonus. The true platinum is the 100% complete trophy, but the mystery trophy at the top is the platinum one. Not that it matters, it's desription is "Platinum Trophy." XD

I was wondering what the difference is? If 100% = Platinum, what's the point of having both? Or can you get the 100% trophy for finishing all of the challenges, beating the game on normal and getting all the riddles, and then you still need to beat it on hard for the Plat?

Message 17 of 36 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Apr 12, 2010

I'm not sure, because I beat the game on Hard because I wanted the trophy for that, but yes, I think you need to beat it on hard. I got 100% complete done on the easy mode profile, I think the difference is that the platinum trophy requires ALL the trophies, while the 100% requires only the challenges, riddles, etc. The platinum means you have to get a 40 combo mulitplier, get a combo that includes all of batmans moves, and beating up the henchmen who celebrate at the end.

Message 18 of 36 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Apr 12, 2010

True, keeping a perfect combo the whole time is hard, but if you avoid being hit, you get a bonus at the end of each round. If you do thise for all four rounds, you get an extra 5000 points.

Message 19 of 36 (486 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11832 posts

Apr 12, 2010

onuosfan wrote:

LilDragon3 wrote:

Just to be clear, I have finished several of the challenges, and I've gotten two batarangs on a couple, but like on the first one, I think I've gotten like 12,000 or 13,000 points, and you need 16,000 to get three. It basically seems like I need to go through the entire thing without missing a punch (perfect combo for every round) to get the three batarangs, and I'm not sure I can do that consistently.

Hearing that the first one is one of the hardest (having fewer guys definitely makes it harder to keep the string going) is encouraging, though...

I'm not giving up yet, but we shall see...

If I remember correctly, this is indeed what you need to do. You may be able to mess up once, but definitely only once.

Message 20 of 36 (486 Views)
0 Likes