Feb 11 2012
By: Saye91 First Son 27 posts
Accepted Solution

Arkham Asylum Challenge Trophies

2 replies 397 views Edited Feb 11, 2012

Hey there.

So I'm trying to platinum Batman: Arkham Asylum but those stupid challenge trophies keep getting in the way. My record is probably x15 (not easy at all!) on Sewer Bat (Extreme) but I'm having a very hard time keeping my combo up. I also wondering how to get the Freeflow Perfection (where you have to do all of Batman's combos in one go). Sorry if this question already been asked but if there's any easy way to do all this or if anyone have any good hints/tips, let me know! I really appreciate it!

Message 1 of 3 (397 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Re: Arkham Asylum Challenge Trophies

Mar 9, 2012

i have the same problem. freeflow perfection sounds like it's impossible.

Message 2 of 3 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
767 posts

Re: Arkham Asylum Challenge Trophies

Apr 13, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCjIgI4290U

that video is pretty good. correct list, easy level to do it on and a straight forward execution. the key to the challenges is getting the timing down, sort of like a rhythm game. tap wait tap wait tap, if you tap buttons too fast you will lose it. once you have the timing you can hold a combo almost indefinitely... almost.

also: start with batclaw, end with ground pound. you can batclaw last guy, jump over him and he will fall so you can ground pound him (otherwise any hit will kill him if he is last guy) for point reasons you always want to end on a ground pound since your combo should be decent.

The other key is jumping in between moves. it keeps the combo going and unlike counters you cannot fail out of combo by hitting it too soon. try starting with square, X, square, X... until you get a special move, then square, X, circle-triangle, X, etc. you have to counter once for the perfection but failed counters are an annoying way to fail out of a combo so do it early and don't counter unless you get caught out. baterangs are also a combo killer if you aren't careful.

for three-batting levels use square and X only except for insta-takedown (NOT THROW!) and save the insta takedowns for knife guys. try to jump out of the group and hit square toward the group (flying kick) then jump back out, you can herd people. shock and awe is rough since there is a time limit (everything else you can be patient) and titans can be rough but keep practicing, they roar before charging so learn to jump away or over them to avoid hit.

sorry, that was a lot more than I meant to write... blah. hope that helps.

Message 3 of 3 (397 Views)
0 Likes