Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 28 2012
By: CJnator_1 First Son 2 posts

What does every one think about assassins creed 3?

19 replies 575 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (575 Views)
Last Guardian
13339 posts

Re: What does every one think about assassins creed 3?

Nov 28, 2012

I loved it personally! Still going through the collectibles/missions. :smileyhappy:

Also, you should come discuss Assassin's Creed further in it's main board located here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Assassin-s-Creed-Series/bd-p/22248 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (568 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4213 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Thread moved from Off Topic

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
805 posts

Nov 28, 2012

I was let down by the new Assassin's Creed.  The initial promise of the installment is that, after three years of nearly identical games, Ubisoft was finally going to improve and push its flagship franchise into new waters.  With Assassin's Creed 3, the game is at more or less the same level of quality with few steps forward and several significant steps back.

Storywise, AC3 is like previous games.  Full of go-nowhere plot threads and random distractions.  I routinely had only a vague idea of what I was trying to accomplish in each mission.  All the potential of a revolutionary-era story is wasted.  It's all worthless, padded tripe, a random series of unrelated events.  Both Connor's story and Desmond's story have what are among the most incredibly disappointing, anti-climatic non-endings I have ever seen.  That Desmond's story has been slowly building up for several years now only to exhaust itself with a very lazy, abrupt ending is a notable insult to those of us who have been loyally buying Ubisoft's games for years.

Ubisoft have favored historical accuracy at the cost of entertainment.  Unlike Constantinople or Rome, there is no interesting architecture, and no monolithic landmarks or exciting dungeons to explore.  It has two homogeneous cities of two to three story buildings.  It's excruciatingly bland.  I realize the series has a reputation for geographical accuracy.  Rather than chastise the presentation of revolutionary America, I would say that the setting was not a good idea in the first place.

The game appears to support creatively and stealthily creeping your way to your target, taking them out, and escaping.  However, the game never allows me do that.  All the missions appear to be menial tasks or highly scripted set pieces.  The first four to six hours of Assassin's Creed 3 feel like a series of cutscenes separated by walking.  I'm frequently told where to go, what to do, and when to do it.  There's usually only one, obvious way to succeed.  It's so predetermined that it feels like the game does not want me to play it.  It's giving me a story rather than a game, and the story is terrible.  Assassinations do not appear to be the core mechanic.  The game wants me to recruit individuals to my Homestead, do side missions to make them happy, collect raw materials for them, and do tedious naval missions to open trade routes, all for the purpose of making money.  There's not much to spend money on.  The tomahawk appears to be about as effective as the best sword in the game, and you can earn enough money by playing story missions to quickly afford the best gear, of which there is not nearly as much variety as previous games.  I want to be an assassin, but Ubisoft wants me to be a landlord.

Assassin's Creed 3 is most underwhelming.  I am not considering buying the next one in the series. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (556 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Not gonna lie, enjoyed it thoroughly as far as the side missions and playability goes but not happy with what was such a dissapointing and a little bit confusing ending!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2702 posts

Dec 1, 2012

They ruined the combat system.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Dec 1, 2012

New to the series; picked this one up at release; I think its pretty good, I like the frontier and Naval modes I spend hours developing my homestead and ambushing redcoats to hone my skills prior to starting any missions..

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

a tangled mess of bugs and bad perfomence with all the parts of a great game somewhere hidden in it. thats what i think

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (504 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 3, 2012

GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!!!! stupid **bleep** ubisoft puts out a game with 2 patches in the first month and they fixed what... CONNERS HOOD!!! yay what the **bleep** does that matter if i cant load the game stupid Ubi can kiss my **bleep** along with Beth and Trey game dev.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (487 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 4, 2012

i think its better dude! ACIII really brought the series back up and it had a massive sucess but each to their own :smileywink: 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (473 Views)
0 Likes