Highlighted
Mar 20 2013
By: lebiyoo First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Question for AC3 DLC

[ Edited ]
7 replies 443 views Edited Mar 20, 2013

I bought the Tyranny of King Washington DLC (thru PSN Card) and installed it after. When I updated the disk, the "Play the Tyranny of King Washington" menu was added on the list but instead of having to play the DLC, it directs me to PS Store to "get the downloadable content" (but there is no DLC available for AC3, not even those multi-player maps). I deleted the game data for AC3 and re-download the infamy agan to re-install it but it's still the same. 

I contacted ubisupport and they wanted to know which code is registered in my account. 

Help? Smiley Embarassed

Message 1 of 8 (443 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26912 posts

Re: Question for AC3 DLC

Mar 20, 2013

First, are you sure you can share this download with all of your accounts? And are you downloading an add on that doesn't match the disc? For example; EU game + US add on.

Message 2 of 8 (417 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 20, 2013

well, it's actually a R3 CD and a R1 account... is that a problem? I tried doing that with DmC and Dark Souls I didn't got any problems Smiley Embarassed

Message 3 of 8 (411 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4299 posts

Mar 23, 2013

lebiyoo wrote:

well, it's actually a R3 CD and a R1 account... is that a problem? I tried doing that with DmC and Dark Souls I didn't got any problems Smiley Embarassed

That just may be your problem.

Not all DLC is region free. So, if you have an R3 game and downloaded R1 DLC, it may not be compatible because of the coding.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 4 of 8 (363 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26912 posts

Mar 24, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

lebiyoo wrote:

Not all DLC is region free. So, if you have an R3 game and downloaded R1 DLC, it may not be compatible because of the coding.

That not "may" be his problem, that IS his problem. Games are still regionalized. Region 3 is Asian countries like Vietnam, Signapore, and The Phillippines. It won't work with a Region 1 download (USA and Canada). How on earth did you get a Region 3 game in the first place?

You're either going to have to create an Asian Region 3 account (which can lead to problems with currency and conversion rates), or buy a US Region 1 version of the game.

Message 5 of 8 (354 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4299 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

lebiyoo wrote:

That not "may" be his problem, that IS his problem. Games are still regionalized. Region 3 is Asian countries like Vietnam, Signapore, and The Phillippines. It won't work with a Region 1 download (USA and Canada). How on earth did you get a Region 3 game in the first place?

You're either going to have to create an Asian Region 3 account (which can lead to problems with currency and conversion rates), or buy a US Region 1 version of the game.

Yes, if she is having trouble with this game, then it is more than likely the problem. But, there are a lot of titles that allow other region DLC. As she stated in her comment, she had no problems doing this with DmC or Dark Souls.

So I was more-or-less trying to be nice with the "That just may be your problem.."

Fixed. Smiley Happy

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 6 of 8 (352 Views)
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

@HorrorGod thanks... I thought that It could be the problem. but eh, I'm actually a 'she'

@CaptainAlbator R3 was the only AC3 disk available... and I don't have a clue to where I can buy an R3 PSN card Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8 (344 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Apr 5, 2013

So did it work when changed account or bought the R1 version of the game ?

Pls Tell me if it does because im having the same fricking problem and i'm very worried

Message 8 of 8 (293 Views)
0 Likes