Nov 03 2012
By: TheGlue29 Uncharted Territory 1664 posts

Liberation Impressions

[ Edited ]
4 replies 154 views Edited Nov 3, 2012

Thusfar I'm only a few hours in, but the game's made quite an impression.  Overall, it's a great game that I very much enjoy.  The graphics are great and unlike Bloodlines, it doesn't feel like "too much" was sacrificed to make this game for a handheld.

The voice acting is great and I love the accents, but the narrative becomes slightly choppy in places.  Not really a dealbreaker or anything, but it doesn't particularly unfold with as much style or grace as the console games.

The camera absolutely kills me at times.  I hope it's something that can be fixed because the camera fixes on people without user input on the L button...and sometimes ends up facing the wrong way in absolutely critical situations.

Other than that, my complaints are few.  The MP was confusing the first time around, but once it started working, I recognized it as something similar to yet not quite as good as Global Resistance.  While it's not necessarily the kind of multiplayer that will be a draw for competitive gamers, it's got merit and should turn out to be a nice diversion from the single player campaign.

AC is an interesting series.  I've never been a big fan of the controls, in fact I find they get muddled and discombobulated in critical situations, creating a frustration that's just unnecessary.  The game wants to have the fluidity of Prince of Persia Sands of Time but the controls are just slightly too clunky.

Liberation isn't quite so bad.  It's certainly not PoP: SoT good, but it's better than AC or ACII.  (haven't played Brotherhood or Revelations yet)

I'm definitely getting III after I finish Liberation.  Even if the controls and combat aren't that great, I'm absolutely hooked on the story.  :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (154 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3256 posts

Re: Liberation Impressions

Nov 4, 2012

It think it's a good game, so far it's the one on my PS Vita that has TOTALLY sucked me in to the point of battery dying. I have had it die from over Lumines-ing, but I wasn't "sucked in" and I have had it die on me while creating in LBP, but that was the first week of LBPV.

I like how ACL feels, overall it's pretty good, it's beautiful to the eyes, and it's mostly certain situations that make it kind of clunky feeling. I'm only a little way in, and got stuck at the docks with no way to get past the guards and if I try to get out of that, three guys find me and I can't beat them up, but they can kill me. It's forcing me to get past the dock guards and I haven't felt like exploring more past that. Anyhow, I know in AC I could figure out something else I could do, but in Liberation I feel stuck.

But I'm not complaining, only have to find the solution, spend some time. I have had so much going on since I got the game I've had litte time to actually play.

I have AC3 too. Haven't started it yet. Well, did, but didn't do anything but load it and the update. It's probably sitting there on my PS3 like that right now.

I played PoPSofT and loved it on PS2. I never played through any of the other games, started them, but that's it. I didn't get into AC until recently and still haven't finished AC, have AC 2 waiting as well, and have the PSP one that I very recently got for my son, I played the beginning the other week and wow how NICE Liberation is compared to THAT. I love AC3 Liberation on my Vita. Even if I AM stuck.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2929 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

It think it's a good game, so far it's the one on my PS Vita that has TOTALLY sucked me in to the point of battery dying. I have had it die from over Lumines-ing, but I wasn't "sucked in" and I have had it die on me while creating in LBP, but that was the first week of LBPV.

I like how ACL feels, overall it's pretty good, it's beautiful to the eyes, and it's mostly certain situations that make it kind of clunky feeling. I'm only a little way in, and got stuck at the docks with no way to get past the guards and if I try to get out of that, three guys find me and I can't beat them up, but they can kill me. It's forcing me to get past the dock guards and I haven't felt like exploring more past that. Anyhow, I know in AC I could figure out something else I could do, but in Liberation I feel stuck.

But I'm not complaining, only have to find the solution, spend some time. I have had so much going on since I got the game I've had litte time to actually play.

I have AC3 too. Haven't started it yet. Well, did, but didn't do anything but load it and the update. It's probably sitting there on my PS3 like that right now.

I played PoPSofT and loved it on PS2. I never played through any of the other games, started them, but that's it. I didn't get into AC until recently and still haven't finished AC, have AC 2 waiting as well, and have the PSP one that I very recently got for my son, I played the beginning the other week and wow how NICE Liberation is compared to THAT. I love AC3 Liberation on my Vita. Even if I AM stuck.

See if you can bribe those gaurds or charm them.  Also, if you charm a guard and have him follow you around like a lost puppy, the group of thugs wont attack you anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (125 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3256 posts

Nov 5, 2012
Charming, Bribing. I know. I don't have the money to bribe. I guess I wasted whatever I had in a shop. I had two bribes of 25 or one of 50 ... they all failed. I tried bribing with no money. I need to find a guy to charm to bring with me, I guess. I have no idea how to charm a guard.
The thing that was difficult was not being able to easily just go do another thing. These three un-beat-up-able guys get me no matter where I go, de-synced,  and I'm put back at the docks. I cannot even hurt them, pretty much, those three guys.
So anyhow, I'm playing AC3 as well,  I haven't gotten back to Liberation yet, but I'm going to try loading a different memory or something. It's just not an on screen option when I'm "playing" so it's frustrating to figure out how to ... when I don't have a lot of time to play neccessarily, so I wasted my time for play trying so hard to bribe. I'm just too tomboy I guess.

bestscreenname wrote: 

See if you can bribe those gaurds or charm them.  Also, if you charm a guard and have him follow you around like a lost puppy, the group of thugs wont attack you anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2929 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Hmm whats the mission/sequence you're on?  I'll go see if I can figure it out.   I've encountered the 3 guys youre talking about that go after you but I've been able to always beat them up, unless I'm using the Lady persona then they usually kill me.   As for the money, I've been finding some treasure chests in the boat houses and lower levels of the docks.  The only bribe that ever passed for me was 100, I tried all of the rest with a no go.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (78 Views)
0 Likes